Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

sweetie darling......i think your wasting your breath on "those other forums"!....tho it is interesting that the tide is now turning after some of her biggest detractors have now seen her. Isnt it amazing how you can knock something you havent even seen????? and of course now they will suddenly become her biggest fans...all because of a little free time and a sherry searved with some old cheese and a cracker.

I personally cant wait...I bet you cant either..

I know I am wasting my time with some of the QE2 anoraks on other boards, but sometimes I just can't hold my tongue! You are quite right - some of her big detractors are already booked (hypocrits!).

I can't wait to be onboard either - but have not bothered to go over to Southampton to see her yet because weather has been so appalling. That Commodore Club looks mighty inviting ..... ;)

If you are looking for something to do in Fort Lauderdale...I did the mansion last year...the Vincenzo or something...its on the excursion list again this year. I am pretty sure the unmarried guy who built it was "family"... he ended up moving the young (and handsome) architect who designed it, into the house with him after it was finished and took him on a years holiday to Europe to choose antiques.... Though Im sure it was only for their health.....

My alarm bells were ringing ........very loudly!.....

and somehow I dont think he was alone in that particular village!

anyway...very interesting tour and I thought very reasonable for the price.

That was on our list of things to do when we were in Miami last month but didn't find the time - maybe this time, maybe not ....:cool:

oh ps rusty....heres my christmas tree....as you can see no baubles for the cat to grab.......

come on ken....show and tell time bet youve got a great looking tree....diss!.

Yeh right - show me yours if I show you mine ??? :eek: Wouldn't want to scare you ;)

Ken

Hi Roscoe - nice tree. Yours is taller, but mine is thicker.

Don't go there Larry - you'll only encourage him :eek:

I have not been to Acapulco for 20 years. Used to rent a house for Thanksgiving and hosted the Thanksgiving night cocktail party - for almost everyone at the gay beach. Great times. Houston hosted the Friday after Thanksgiving party and SF hosted the Saturday night party. Those were the drinking days. Bet it has changed a lot since then, I know I have. I think the morning boat ride and viewing the divers will be nice. Advertise the divers will be on board the boat after the show. And the tour is over at 11:30 - so can spend the afternoon on the QV.

Wow, sounds like you've got a tale or three to tell over cocktails!! We were there 2 years ago and it was very loud and a bit tacky - but can imagine it must have been fabulous 20 odd years ago.

I veiwed many of the photos of the inside of the QV. It is living up to the renderings. The railing in the theatre? Could it be the front rows are reserved for Grill Guests? Can hardly wait. Only 5 weeks from tomorrow.

I think it is an improvement on the renderings - don't think anything is reserved for grill pax other than the grill dining rooms, grill lounge, sun deck and the famous theatre boxes. Much prefer the stalls myself - you can see the sweat from there !!!!

Tour payment - I'm faxing my tour reservation to Cunard. If I read it right - they will bill my cabin for the charges. I faxed the car reservation to Cunard and have not heard anything. Hope the transfer is in my ticket packet.

Yes, we must do ours today - shame we can't book online like other lines.

Derek from PP boards the QV Tuesday for the maiden Christmas market cruise. Hope he passes on some tips about the ship and what to do. .... Have fun ...... Larry

If the weather doesn't improve he may be passing tips about finding basins in time!!! Very rough in the North Sea at the moment :eek:

I know I am wasting my time with some of the QE2 anoraks on other boards, but sometimes I just can't hold my tongue! You are quite right - some of her big detractors are already booked (hypocrits!)

Ken, dear heart!

Yes you do get about on these ol' boards.

I think a lot of us "anoraks" would have come round to QV much sooner if it hadn't been for those awful, florid, Hyacinth-style press releases emanating from Cunival HQ........:rolleyes:

Seriously, have a happy Christmas and hope you enjoy the maiden trip to NY in Jan

x

Ken, dear heart!

Yes you do get about on these ol' boards.

I think a lot of us "anoraks" would have come round to QV much sooner if it hadn't been for those awful, florid, Hyacinth-style press releases emanating from Cunival HQ........:rolleyes:

Seriously, have a happy Christmas and hope you enjoy the maiden trip to NY in Jan

x

Hi TJL .... I certainly do get about, but there appears to be 'no hiding place' LOL!!!!

People don't HAVE to read Cunard press releases especially if they find them upsetting and many of the 'worse type' of anoraks (who take it all too seriously) were bleating about QV long before there was much detail to bleat about ;) Have you noticed how they are all beginning to roll over now?

You have a happy Christmas too :D We're sailing from NY to LA - we'll wave though!!!

Ken

Hi TJL .... I certainly do get about, but there appears to be 'no hiding place' LOL!!!!

People don't HAVE to read Cunard press releases especially if they find them upsetting and many of the 'worse type' of anoraks (who take it all too seriously) were bleating about QV long before there was much detail to bleat about ;) Have you noticed how they are all beginning to roll over now?

You have a happy Christmas too :D We're sailing from NY to LA - we'll wave though!!!

Ken

Cheers, Ken

I'll be the one with the winter woolies, the dodgy beanie (it is January after all) and the glass of fizz. Hmmmm, that narrows it down.........:rolleyes:

sorry if this is a double post but.....

ken...still waiting to see a pic of your christmas tree....and Tjl...you arent immune either, come on fess up ....best tree wins a free upgrade to the royal suite compliments of Cunard.....

sorry if this is a double post but.....

ken...still waiting to see a pic of your christmas tree....and Tjl...you arent immune either, come on fess up ....best tree wins a free upgrade to the royal suite compliments of Cunard.....

Uh oh.

I confess that my Christmas decorations (including the tree) are still in their box in a dark corner of the attic awaiting my attention. Will post a piccy as soon as they are erected!

Tim.

Uh oh.

I confess that my Christmas decorations (including the tree) are still in their box in a dark corner of the attic awaiting my attention. Will post a piccy as soon as they are erected!

Tim.

talk to ken...hes having a little trouble with his erection as well....come on guys its just about the night before christmas and all through the..........

talk to ken...hes having a little trouble with his erection as well....come on guys its just about the night before christmas and all through the..........

Mine's been up all week, it's got golden balls and is trimmed with gold ribbon .... but I don't have a picture :D Anyway, I will be whipping it down and stuffing it back in it's box in only 3 weeks when we fly off to Key West :rolleyes:

cant believe i actually said that!:eek:

I can :eek: You must be filled with Christmas spirit or something :rolleyes:

Ken

Mine's been up all week, it's got golden balls and is trimmed with gold ribbon .... but I don't have a picture :D Anyway, I will be whipping it down and stuffing it back in it's box in only 3 weeks when we fly off to Key West :rolleyes:

I can :eek: You must be filled with Christmas spirit or something :rolleyes:

Ken

now sweetie...youknow ive told you I dont drink!

come on...wheres your sence of enjoyment....giz a look....Im sure we are all dieing to see your tree....

Ive been watchin her depart on the web cam....all dark and hazy now...but it was fun to tink she on her way. You didnt make it down to wave her off then Ken????????

I watched the Bridge Cam when she left Southampton. Really exciting. Only part of fireworks send off must have been the white cloud of smoke. Remember the fireworks send off the QM2 at one of the Caribbean ports after it's first visit there. Hope we get some good receiptions on the NY to LA trip. Every port will be a first.

Sent an e-mail to my agent who is on board. Received a reply that the QV is really beautiful He promised pictures when he returns.

Larry

I watched the Bridge Cam when she left Southampton. Really exciting. Only part of fireworks send off must have been the white cloud of smoke. Remember the fireworks send off the QM2 at one of the Caribbean ports after it's first visit there. Hope we get some good receiptions on the NY to LA trip. Every port will be a first.

Sent an e-mail to my agent who is on board. Received a reply that the QV is really beautiful He promised pictures when he returns.

Larry

ive been excitedly watching the boards today i thought someone would surely rush straight down to the internet to rush off a report just to be the first....alas...no one yet...youd think they would be really keen to show off to the rest of us!

Im watching her arrive in amsterdam at the moment...itl be intersting to watch her depart and see if anything happens...

ps larry...how did you get your pic onto the bottom of your signiture...?

now sweetie...youknow ive told you I dont drink!

come on...wheres your sence of enjoyment....giz a look....Im sure we are all dieing to see your tree....

Are you sure you don't drink ??? Or maybe you're typing in the dark ???

Ive been watchin her depart on the web cam....all dark and hazy now...but it was fun to tink she on her way. You didnt make it down to wave her off then Ken????????

It has been so cold that I couldn't face it - am saving the excitement of seeing her for the first time in New York ...... yeh, I know it will be even colder there!!! :eek:

Ken

I received another email from QV. They are having a great time. Apparently on Casual night - all the men are wearing a coat. Looks like you will be seeing my three sport coats a lot!

Roscoe - the picture on my signature is in edit signature - and then a place to brouse your PC for a picture - and then place the picture in your signature. How do you get a picture next to your name? Maybe after a few more hundred posts - I'll get this figured out. My computer will not allow me to spell check - you see what I type.

Received Diamond Plus information from Royal Caribbean yesterday. One of the perks is upgrades 14 days before dparture, so I think I'll be doing more Royal Caribbean cruises. Nice if it can give me some perks on Celebrity - but I doubt it. Ken - did you get a Celebrity upgrade?

When I get to work - I have about an hour of daylight on the QV web cam - so have been watching every morning. Our turns will come soon.

Larry

I received another email from QV. They are having a great time. Apparently on Casual night - all the men are wearing a coat. Looks like you will be seeing my three sport coats a lot!

Oh well, perhaps in the Caribbean they may be a little more relaxed - it must be pretty cold out on the North Sea right now.

Roscoe - the picture on my signature is in edit signature - and then a place to brouse your PC for a picture - and then place the picture in your signature. How do you get a picture next to your name? Maybe after a few more hundred posts - I'll get this figured out. My computer will not allow me to spell check - you see what I type.

You upload a photo in your Avatar section - much the same as you do for the signature. We'll probably get more pics of Roscoe now you've told him - have you seen the one of him in speedos ;)

Received Diamond Plus information from Royal Caribbean yesterday. One of the perks is upgrades 14 days before dparture, so I think I'll be doing more Royal Caribbean cruises. Nice if it can give me some perks on Celebrity - but I doubt it. Ken - did you get a Celebrity upgrade?

When I get to work - I have about an hour of daylight on the QV web cam - so have been watching every morning. Our turns will come soon.

Larry

I think your RCI status may be transferrable to Celebrity??? Do they automatically upgrade you on RCI as Diamond Plus??? We didn't get an upgrade this time but fares had dropped so before final payment we were able to transfer the booking to concierge class from normal balcony and save loads of money too. :D

Having read all the posts coming from the ship I'm so much looking forward to the QV experience!!! .... apart from the lack of drawers and the cold food at dinner :eek: (as long as the cocktails aren't warm eh ???!!!!)

Ken

Just at this hour and one month from today I should be trudging across 50th St. heading for the QV :)! Yes, much to the dismay [actual horror :eek:] of others on the Cunard board, I prefer to walk to the ship...take the train into Penn Station, 8th Ave. subway, then ONLY 4 more LONG blocks and I'm there :cool:.

Looking forward to meeting you all one month from tonight in the _________ [where are we meeting again?]. :confused:

Just at this hour and one month from today I should be trudging across 50th St. heading for the QV :)! Yes, much to the dismay [actual horror :eek:] of others on the Cunard board, I prefer to walk to the ship...take the train into Penn Station, 8th Ave. subway, then ONLY 4 more LONG blocks and I'm there :cool:.

Looking forward to meeting you all one month from tonight in the _________ [where are we meeting again?]. :confused:

CHART ROOM FROM 10.30PM ONWARDS :D

Ken

PS Has everyone seen the new virtual tour at http://queenvictoria.cunard.co.uk/virtual-tour/ Absolutely Fabulous ;)

Ken - thanks for the link. Great to see actual photos of the ship. It looks like a ship I will want to dress up for. After this 17 days - I'll be ready for a clothing optional Caribbean sail boat. Take the trip with only a carry on bag. Both will be fun.

Larry

...... Tour payment - I'm faxing my tour reservation to Cunard. If I read it right - they will bill my cabin for the charges. I faxed the car reservation to Cunard and have not heard anything. Hope the transfer is in my ticket packet.

Larry

Any news on your excursions? Seems a bit hit or miss to fax a reservation and not get any confirmation. The instructions also said to fax exch side of every page - which seems a bit silly if you want 2 pages worth of tours, so I only sent those 2 plus the signature page ???

Ken

Larry

cool larry....wonder if this works...

red speedoes for ken....for a short time only....

How do you get a picture next to your name? Maybe after a few more hundred posts - I'll get this figured out. My computer will not allow me to spell check - you see what I type.

Larry

user cp , then avator, then same, browse for pic....what fun...

the virtual tour is great, nice to see the inside cabins arnt as clostrophobic as i feared...i think one will do nicely for my portion, however thats not to say id turn down a window if the upgrade fairy is watching!

I wasnt going to book any of the excursions this far in advance..so much can happen between now and then and what if you meet some fabulous people who have a better idea...? Besides half of the fun of being on holdiay is the sponteniety, unless there is really some thing you would die if you missed...like of course the speedo boys...sorry divers... in acapulco...

ps...clothing optional cruise....???/ God i wish i had the guts...that would be fun!

I received my tour conformation and car reservation from my TA today. I was asked which CC to put it on - so it will be charged before the trip begins.

We should be receiving tickets soon, It's four weeks from Sunday.

Roscoe - I hope that's one of the cliff divers - I getting my pasos gathered up now.

Larry

I received my tour conformation and car reservation from my TA today. I was asked which CC to put it on - so it will be charged before the trip begins.

We should be receiving tickets soon, It's four weeks from Sunday.

Roscoe - I hope that's one of the cliff divers - I getting my pasos gathered up now.

Larry

no mate... i used to be quite a dish didnt i ...lol (i have to stop quoting TITIANIC)

4 weeks??? luck sod..im 12 before i leave...seems like a lifetime!

Archived