Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Well Roscoe ...... as you know the weather in the UK has to be the most unpredictable anywhere - that's why we Brits are always talking about it!!! April can be lovely if Spring is on time .. average highs are mid 50's F (12 - 13 deg C), average lows in high 30's F (3 - 4 deg C). September can be lovely - this year was better than all the rest of the summer!!!

Ken

Thanks ken.,great to know.... it'll be a nice change not having to pack the full range through to the fur coat for this trip ... Last year was a nightmare for the Panama Canal trip....furs and rugs for New York in the possible snows of the New Year., shorts and tees for Florida through to LA and speedoes for Hawaii.....honestly..I can understand why they used to travel with the full trunk!

Youll know what I mean when you come to pack...

Thanks ken.,great to know.... it'll be a nice change not having to pack the full range through to the fur coat for this trip ... Last year was a nightmare for the Panama Canal trip....furs and rugs for New York in the possible snows of the New Year., shorts and tees for Florida through to LA and speedoes for Hawaii.....honestly..I can understand why they used to travel with the full trunk!

Youll know what I mean when you come to pack...

I know and we are dreading it ..... fortunately we are coming from the cold(ish) so can wear the furs and rugs rather than pack them!!!

Ken

PS can you do something with your countdown clock or image that doesn't appear to be working ... it stretches the page when you're on it ... big boy ;)

... it stretches the page when you're on it ... big boy ;)

MY kEN......people will wonder what you are talking about!,...done...thanks...dont know what happened there it was working perfectly for a while there.....will have to find something cute to put on there like everyone else.

yes please dont forget Patsys advice re your wardrobe...

"you can never have enough shoes, hats or handbags"

id hate you to incur the wrath of the fur police...

MY kEN......people will wonder what you are talking about!,...done...thanks...dont know what happened there it was working perfectly for a while there.....will have to find something cute to put on there like everyone else.

yes please dont forget Patsys advice re your wardrobe...

"you can never have enough shoes, hats or handbags"

id hate you to incur the wrath of the fur police...

Thanks R ... it was giving me neck ache ;)

Like a bit of fur actually - in the right places :D

Ken

Time to start thinking about where to go on the new Queen Elizabeth ?? :D

Maybe we will be able to afford a whole world on this one ..... one day :cool:

Ken

could be perfect timing for me ken...my world is in 2011, and so it will be perfect timing. Have already told my TA to make sure im on the waiting list for the world with the QE as first choice. not that such a waiting list will do any good of course!

big 50 for me....if i dont get out and party then i never will...:D

could be perfect timing for me ken...my world is in 2011, and so it will be perfect timing. Have already told my TA to make sure im on the waiting list for the world with the QE as first choice. not that such a waiting list will do any good of course!

big 50 for me....if i dont get out and party then i never will...:D

... and there's me thinking you were 39!!!! :eek:

Ken ;)

Final Paymet due today - so it's a go!

I cancelled by Cunard Air reservations and booked by own air. Cunard does not inculde transfers anymore. Because it it going to be in Manhattin, it will be easy to get a car from JFK to the peer. I will be arriving Sunday AM and going stright to the peer. Jet Blue has a non stop red eye flight from ONT to JFK. ONT is only about 10 miles from my home.

Queen Elizabeth news was exciting. Apparently there is a market for first class cruising. I booked the QV maiden voyage years ago on QM2. When they postponed the building, Cunard offered my my full deposit as a discount on any other Cunard cruise, and I still had the deposit for QV. Will see if I can do on board booking for Queen ELizabeth as a place holder.

Ken - you should be getting ready for Constellation. I believe Constellation is my favorite M class ship. Maybe that's because it was the most recent and the memories are the freshest. TA was a great cruise. So many Elite members, they did the tours according to deck the cabins were on. They did give a welcome letter with schedule for planned events schedule - so I could book spa appointments and not miss any tours / teas / cocktail parties, etc. It turned into a busy 12 days.

The QV schedule is great with all the sea days in between ports, and a few ports I have not been to before. This will be my first through the Panama Canal.

Have fun and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Larry

Hi Larry

Final Paymet due today - so it's a go!

We pay tomorrow ... what a lot of money in one go :eek:

I cancelled by Cunard Air reservations and booked by own air. Cunard does not inculde transfers anymore. Because it it going to be in Manhattin, it will be easy to get a car from JFK to the peer. I will be arriving Sunday AM and going stright to the peer. Jet Blue has a non stop red eye flight from ONT to JFK. ONT is only about 10 miles from my home.

Hope the weather doesn't throw any wobblers for you flying in on the day!!! We fly up from Miami on the Friday (just in case)!!!

Queen Elizabeth news was exciting. Apparently there is a market for first class cruising. I booked the QV maiden voyage years ago on QM2. When they postponed the building, Cunard offered my my full deposit as a discount on any other Cunard cruise, and I still had the deposit for QV. Will see if I can do on board booking for Queen ELizabeth as a place holder.

Yes, it's great - no sooner do we get used to anticipating one new ship and sailing her, than we have to do it all over again :D Do hope she is significantly different enough from QV to feel like a completely different ship.

Ken - you should be getting ready for Constellation. I believe Constellation is my favorite M class ship. Maybe that's because it was the most recent and the memories are the freshest. TA was a great cruise. So many Elite members, they did the tours according to deck the cabins were on. They did give a welcome letter with schedule for planned events schedule - so I could book spa appointments and not miss any tours / teas / cocktail parties, etc. It turned into a busy 12 days.

We have had a hiccup here at the hotel that has spoiled our anticipation of the Connie trip. Our no 2 member of staff quit unexpectedly so we have had to find a replacement and now train her up so that the hotel can function while we are away!!! We could do without the hassle - we work 24/7 so are really looking forward to getting away.

The QV schedule is great with all the sea days in between ports, and a few ports I have not been to before. This will be my first through the Panama Canal.

Have fun and looking forward to meeting everyone.

We've done most of the ports and the Panama Canal but looking forward to doing it all over again - the canal is amazing and has a sentimental attachment for me in that my dad used to go to sea in the 1920's and 30's and told me tales of the canal when I was a kid ..... sad or what!

Ken&Phill

...... would that be around 84 of them???? :eek:

Ken ;)

what ever it is its too many to count!

hope you have budgetted for some internet time while you are away so we can have a running commentary......the latest pics of her look great.

Darn,

Sorry to report that I had to cancel my booking!

Since I couldn't find a cabin mate, I cancelled my reservation.

I'm disappointed but I know that you guys will have a great cruise.

Have fun!

Hobie.

Sorry to hear that Hobie

Ken

If you see this in time, AirTran has a terrific sale on one-way air out of LA that extends to January 31.

SO - if you haven't made your arrangements yet, this is a very good time.... I saw one-stop coach trips to the east cost for as little as $109.

Cheers!

ken....did you see the new pics of the QV yet...?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=539

its quite a good selection and was especially interested in the balconey stateroom shot...you are in that grade arnt you?

Hi Roscoe .... yes, I've been combing all sites for photos - at last they are appearing!!! I think the quality of the finishes is going to be outstanding and is already evident in the detail that we are getting a glimpse of - such as some of the handrails, inlaid woods etc. Yes, we are in a balcony cabin - they look much the same as QM2's, which was to be expected. What grade are you in??

Ken

Hi Roscoe .... yes, I've been combing all sites for photos - at last they are appearing!!! I think the quality of the finishes is going to be outstanding and is already evident in the detail that we are getting a glimpse of - such as some of the handrails, inlaid woods etc. Yes, we are in a balcony cabin - they look much the same as QM2's, which was to be expected. What grade are you in??

Ken

Yes shes begining to take shape....looking forward to that library and a few scones (actually..probably a few more than just a few) in the Queens Room under those massive chandeliers.

Im finding it interesting that shes getting the same lamblasting that the QM2 got in her early days by certain people and now shes almost considered "iconic" by the same people.

Im in a "D" guarantee....which some quarters consider to be the dreaded "steerage" and wont think me good enough to do anything other than row harder with the other slaves... I considered I would rather be in a sole occupancy inside cabin than share for that length of time in a balconey..... and as long as there is enough room to hang my kilt, im not bovvered as our friend Catherine Tate would say...

who knows where I'll end up with the Guarantee.....wanna take a bet?

Yes shes begining to take shape....looking forward to that library and a few scones (actually..probably a few more than just a few) in the Queens Room under those massive chandeliers.

Im finding it interesting that shes getting the same lamblasting that the QM2 got in her early days by certain people and now shes almost considered "iconic" by the same people.

Im in a "D" guarantee....which some quarters consider to be the dreaded "steerage" and wont think me good enough to do anything other than row harder with the other slaves... I considered I would rather be in a sole occupancy inside cabin than share for that length of time in a balconey..... and as long as there is enough room to hang my kilt, im not bovvered as our friend Catherine Tate would say...

who knows where I'll end up with the Guarantee.....wanna take a bet?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but single occupancy in a D grade Singapore to Soton is not to be sneezed at!!! I'm sure it will become a little love nest for you - especially after wearing your kilt !!!! :D

Ken

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - but single occupancy in a D grade Singapore to Soton is not to be sneezed at!!! I'm sure it will become a little love nest for you - especially after wearing your kilt !!!! :D

Ken

Me...??? no im a nice boy.....butter would and never has melted in my mouth!:o

Me...??? no im a nice boy.....butter would and never has melted in my mouth!:o

Mmmm ... you do keep feeding me all these lines Roscoe ;)

.... but I'm not going to ask what has melted in your mouth :eek:

.... or where else butter might melt :D

I'm really not :p

Ken

Thanks for the link - the pictures are great. This is going to be an outstanding ship. Looks like it's going the raise the bar in cruising. Too bad Canyon Ranch is not running the spa. They gave me the best stone massage I've ever had. Combination of Hot and Cold stones. I'm sure they will pick a good company to run the spa.

I'm hoping for great weather on the 13th - since I'm flying in that AM. Arriving at 9 should be just right for getting a car to the peer. It allows me Saturday to prepare for the trip. And ONT is only about 10 miles from my condo. I'm taking Jet Blue.

Roscoe - I know what you mean about a cabin to yourself, vs a share. After doing several shares that turned out OK, I meet a guy that had his own cabin. He lives by himself and said why change his living situation when on a cruise. I like the freedom of it. If I want to stay up or go to bed early, it's OK. The cabins are really spacious for one.

Ken - won't be long before Connie. I do think that is the best of the M class ships. Had a great feel.

Does anyone know the level of Cunard club membership. Does it go by cruises, or number of days at sea? This is only my 4th Cunard, and I will have 37 sea days after this cruise.

Life is good - even if final payment hit AEX yesterday. Early Christmas present to me.

Larry

heya larry...yeah its fine living on your own till the dreaded single suppliment is added....now if only i could find someone to pay for travelling but not actually go...life would be easier!

hope youre not being smoked out...i have friends in SD who are at some football stadium volunteering as we speak ... interesting the government response this time compared to Bushes New Orleans fiasco!

Archived