Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Well I am not on a cruise right now...so you are not on your own Ken...

well 5 weeks to go.....:D

Reint

Hi Reint

You are on Century I see. Lucky you, we loved her - especially the Martini Bar!!! :D

... fortunately we are off on Constellation in 6 weeks time so I shouldn't complain ;)

Any plans involving QV ??????

Ken

Any plans involving QV ??????

Ken

Naaah, next year I have the last Transatlantic crossing of the QE2 coming up with a return on QM2. Will wait until QV is settled and fares will go down.

And I am not so sure if I would really like this neo retro ocean liner style.

And in 2009 I might take a break from cruising all together taking a trip to Oz or something like that...

Reint

Naaah, next year I have the last Transatlantic crossing of the QE2 coming up with a return on QM2. Will wait until QV is settled and fares will go down.

And I am not so sure if I would really like this neo retro ocean liner style.

And in 2009 I might take a break from cruising all together taking a trip to Oz or something like that...

Reint

With Princess running the hotel side, I think QV will settle down straight away unlike the early glitches in service on QM2. Not sure the prices will come down for a long while if ever - with only two ships to fill and all that news/hype continuing for a few years yet!!! If you like QE2 then surely you must like 'neo retro ocean liner' style because surely that's what the've been trying to do with her for the past 20 years???

Ken

Reint

yeah come on downunder reint youll love it......Im sure we can set up a great welcome for you!

Heya ken.....ive been enjoying the new pics of the QV.....starting to get pretty excited. YOu must be on countdown...packed your speedoes yet? lol..... What were you looking at for the excursions???? I see they are now posted on the web..

Heya ken.....ive been enjoying the new pics of the QV.....starting to get pretty excited. YOu must be on countdown...packed your speedoes yet? lol..... What were you looking at for the excursions???? I see they are now posted on the web..

Still got another cruise to get through before QV - so the speedos are packed ready for that ;)

Haven't really looked at the excursions - been to all the ports before, except Manzanillo, ..... we generally get off and have a wander on our own. Will probably have to go and see the cliff divers in Acapulco again - wow here come speedos again!!! :D

Ken

hey ken....good luck...i found the diving thing a bit touristy, glad ive seen it...(and the speedoes) but that was enough..although the marguarittas werent bad!..there is an interesting fort just above where the tenders come in, have you had a waunder around it?

hey ken....good luck...i found the diving thing a bit touristy, glad ive seen it...(and the speedoes) but that was enough..although the marguarittas werent bad!..there is an interesting fort just above where the tenders come in, have you had a waunder around it?

Touristy maybe - but still impressive!! :D

We spent a couple of days in Acapulco and the fort was right next to where we embarked on Arcadia (I think it's only QE2 that has to tender) but we didn't get to look around - it was so damned hot as I remember that I couldn't face another ruin :eek:

Ken

Good Morning

Just getting back to my local time zone after the TA on Constellation.

Ken - I do not know if it's just because I was on the cruise and my memory is foggy about past M class ships, but I think the Constellation is the best of the M class ships. All of my Celebrity cruises have been good, but this seemed better. Good feeling from the crew, great food in the main dining room, and Ocean Liners was outstanding, as usual. The Oceans menu has minor changes, and I was told they had to change the reciepes a little as Michael Roux is not the chief anymore. The TA has many experienced cruises, so the Elite tours were scheduled by what deck you were on, and large groups. About 60 friends of Dorthy on the ship, and nice people. Mostly couples. I left the ship in good shape for you - all oiled and ready to go.

Packing experience for TA was good practice for QV. Going out 50 pounds was ok, but coming back, I had to pay for extra weight. No way to weigh the bags when I packed on the ship. One was over, and did not want to repack at the air port. I expect QV to be dressier at night - Tux and Dinner Jacket with a couple of shirts will take care of a lot of evenings. Extra vests, ties, cumberbuns do not take a lot of room. Day time should be comfortable shorts, polo shirts, swim wear - how much room can a speedo take, even in large size. I will plan on using the cleaning services. The TA sometimes had three changes of clothes a day.

Final payment is due in October - so will be interesting to see if anything opens up. Does anyone know if Cunard has a custom air program? Cunard is doing my Air and transfers - so will have to wait to see what the schedule is. With Celebrity Custom Air - they gave me choices and I got to pick.

Have a 3 day and 7 day Mexican Riveria before the QV - and with the Holidays, January 13th will be here soon.

Larry

Touristy maybe - but still impressive!! :D

We spent a couple of days in Acapulco and the fort was right next to where we embarked on Arcadia (I think it's only QE2 that has to tender) but we didn't get to look around - it was so damned hot as I remember that I couldn't face another ruin :eek:

Ken

yes haha....look who im talking to about touristy!....(joke) thats a damn fine looking hotel on your homepage ken.....wish my trip on the QV allowed me enough time to come visit...

Im coming back home via syria., looking forward to seeing a few ruins there....

Good Morning

Just getting back to my local time zone after the TA on Constellation.

Ken - I do not know if it's just because I was on the cruise and my memory is foggy about past M class ships, but I think the Constellation is the best of the M class ships. All of my Celebrity cruises have been good, but this seemed better. Good feeling from the crew, great food in the main dining room, and Ocean Liners was outstanding, as usual. The Oceans menu has minor changes, and I was told they had to change the reciepes a little as Michael Roux is not the chief anymore. The TA has many experienced cruises, so the Elite tours were scheduled by what deck you were on, and large groups. About 60 friends of Dorthy on the ship, and nice people. Mostly couples. I left the ship in good shape for you - all oiled and ready to go.

This is good to hear - have they got rid of the awful 'Edge of the Earth' theme from the forward looking lounge on Deck 11??? I think it was due for a makeover at the last drydocking.

Packing experience for TA was good practice for QV. Going out 50 pounds was ok, but coming back, I had to pay for extra weight. No way to weigh the bags when I packed on the ship. One was over, and did not want to repack at the air port. I expect QV to be dressier at night - Tux and Dinner Jacket with a couple of shirts will take care of a lot of evenings. Extra vests, ties, cumberbuns do not take a lot of room. Day time should be comfortable shorts, polo shirts, swim wear - how much room can a speedo take, even in large size. I will plan on using the cleaning services. The TA sometimes had three changes of clothes a day.

We are dreading this - have estimated 5 formal, 6 informal and 6 casual on our segment based on sea days/ports and previous QM2 cruise. On top of this we have a week in Key West and a weekend in NYC before we board :eek:

Final payment is due in October - so will be interesting to see if anything opens up. Does anyone know if Cunard has a custom air program? Cunard is doing my Air and transfers - so will have to wait to see what the schedule is. With Celebrity Custom Air - they gave me choices and I got to pick.

Have a 3 day and 7 day Mexican Riveria before the QV - and with the Holidays, January 13th will be here soon.

Larry

We have air with Cunard and chose to fly to Miami 11 days early instead of into New York (they charged us 60GBP extra for the alteration). Don't know how it works in the US but they are pretty flexible over here.

Ken

yes haha....look who im talking to about touristy!....(joke) thats a damn fine looking hotel on your homepage ken.....wish my trip on the QV allowed me enough time to come visit...

Im coming back home via syria., looking forward to seeing a few ruins there....

You know you (and your speedos :D) would have been more than welcome ... are you sure you can't squeeze Brighton in ??? Oh well, next time maybe ;)

Ken

PS - you just got my 1000th post!!! :eek:

PS - you just got my 1000th post!!! :eek:

wow...lucky me does that mean I get the booby prize?

maybe next time for Brighton., After southampton, Im off to Syria after 2 nights in london....have a 50th I have to attend...otherwise Id be footloose and fancy free to come visit...

Brighton was on a travel show the other night which is what made me look at your homepage...they were staying in an upmarket boutique hotel, obviously not as nice as yours though...and there was a gay mardis gras on there.......who would have thought it! lol

wow...lucky me does that mean I get the booby prize?

Such a gentleman :rolleyes:

Your lookalike Tom Selleck wouldn't have been so ungallant!!!

maybe next time for Brighton., After southampton, Im off to Syria after 2 nights in london....have a 50th I have to attend...otherwise Id be footloose and fancy free to come visit...:

OK - we'll hold you to that ;)

Brighton was on a travel show the other night which is what made me look at your homepage...they were staying in an upmarket boutique hotel, obviously not as nice as yours though...and there was a gay mardis gras on there.......who would have thought it! lol

Most of the boutique hotels that feature on TV shows get there because of hotel PR which consists of plenty of 'entertainment' for journalists (so it's usually the same old ones)!! Brighton's Gay Pride in August is one of the biggest in the UK- they estimate up to 200,000 attended this year (Brighton was extremely busy!!)

Ken

Hello - I was just finalizing my cruise - and was told QV will be in Manhattan. Does anyone know if that is ture. I'm asking for conformation. It would make coming in early more fun.

Larry

QM2 will be docked in Brooklyn, there is a RCI ship at Bayonne, so that leaves QV and QE2 arriving and sailing from Manhattan!! 2 ships leaving on world cruises from Manhattan on the same day - lets hope the old piers cope!!

Ken

wow....200,000... .its that big huh...august...hmmm.... maybe its time to think about sunner in Europe again!....

They are held all over the country through the summer - London and Manchester probably being the largest. Brighton is usually the first weekend in August and for as long as I can remember the weather is always hot and sunny!!

Ken

They are held all over the country through the summer - London and Manchester probably being the largest. Brighton is usually the first weekend in August and for as long as I can remember the weather is always hot and sunny!!

Ken

whats the weather like in ole blighty during april ken?., im usually there in sept or october.,

my main memory of your home town was the pier looming up out of fog for 2 days during september many years ago! Maybe ill be luckier on my next trip!

whats the weather like in ole blighty during april ken?., im usually there in sept or october.,

my main memory of your home town was the pier looming up out of fog for 2 days during september many years ago! Maybe ill be luckier on my next trip!

Well Roscoe ...... as you know the weather in the UK has to be the most unpredictable anywhere - that's why we Brits are always talking about it!!! April can be lovely if Spring is on time .. average highs are mid 50's F (12 - 13 deg C), average lows in high 30's F (3 - 4 deg C). September can be lovely - this year was better than all the rest of the summer!!!

Ken

My partner and i just booked June 10-22.

Anybody on that cruise. Would love to meet for Cocktails.

Joel & Bob

Hi Joel and Bob

you'd be better off launching your own rollcall for that cruise as your post will get lost on this thread

Hope you enjoy QV

Ken

Archived