Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Hello - I've been busy with the Constellation Sept 15 TA thread. There are 4900 posts and new information daily. Heard a new term 'Doc Dance' when your documents are received.

Yes, have had that awful image of overweight matrons doing the 'doc dance' for some years on some line threads!!! :eek:

I ran across a good deal on Princess repositioning from LA to Vancouver May 2008 - so booked it. The price on Vacations to go was $1,000 less than Princess direct booking. 6 day guarantee suite for under $1500 total for cabin. That takes care of all my 2008 vacation days. I have not been on Princess.

Another great deal there Larry!! Got fond memories of Golden Princess - Phill and I exchanged rings onboard in 2001 on our first cruise together (can't get him off the cruiseships since!!)

Ken

Great News!!

Some cabins opened up at Pied Piper, so I have booked cabin #4053 (A6 Balcony)for the first leg, N.Y.C. to L.A. I'm pretty excited.

I would still like to find a cabin mate so please let me know if you or somebody you know is interested in joining me!

I look forward to seeing you guys in January, 2008!!

Mr. Hobie,

What great news, we are looking forward to seeing you. As mentioned we will be on the Ft. Lauderdale to LA portion. How convenient is this for you, the cruise ends on your door step.

We just got back from Europe, did the Oceania Insignia rivieras cruise, loved Oceania. Spent some time in Rome, Barcelona and Madrid.

Can't wait for the cruise, ship should be beautiful.

Keep in touch

Tony/Frank

Frank/Tony, Thanks for the note! It will be great to see you guys and everybody else onboard Queen Victoria.

For once, I get to enjoy the short drive from the port to home that you guys regularly enjoy. Of course, I still have to fly to New York. I already bought my Jet Blue ticket from Long Beach to NYC on Friday 1/11. I will spend Saturday sightseeing and maybe see a show on Saturday night.

Your Oceania cruise sounds wonderful! When I first read your note, I read "rivers cruise". How in the hell could Insignia do a rivers cruise?? Rivieras makes much more sense.

Are Paul and Gary going to board Queen Victoria in NYC or in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm not sure if I will even get off of the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. Instead, I'll be watching the gangway, anxiously awaiting your embarkation!

See you soon.

Hi Glenn.

Gary and Paul will be getting on in Ft. Lauderdale, unfortunatley thats the way they originally booked, they did recently changed their minds and tried to change and embark in NY but it was not possible, I guess they already filled thier cabin from NY to Ft. Lauderdale. So we will all be getting on in Ft. Lauderdale, I expect you to be throwing streamers as we get on. Looking forward to seeing you also, its been a while.

By the way we are also on Deck 4 I can't remember our cabin # Im at work. I'll let you know.

T&F

Great News!!

Some cabins opened up at Pied Piper, so I have booked cabin #4053 (A6 Balcony)for the first leg, N.Y.C. to L.A. I'm pretty excited.

I would still like to find a cabin mate so please let me know if you or somebody you know is interested in joining me!

I look forward to seeing you guys in January, 2008!!

Glad to hear the good news ..... see you onboard

Ken & Phill

Mr. Hobie,

What great news, we are looking forward to seeing you. As mentioned we will be on the Ft. Lauderdale to LA portion. How convenient is this for you, the cruise ends on your door step.

We just got back from Europe, did the Oceania Insignia rivieras cruise, loved Oceania. Spent some time in Rome, Barcelona and Madrid.

Can't wait for the cruise, ship should be beautiful.

Keep in touch

Tony/Frank

Hi Tony & Frank

I know some guys who are sailing Southampton / NY / Fort Lala - and couldn't work out how they got that segment when Cunard weren't selling it. I am know guessing that it is all done within block bookings by Pied Piper that has allowed some cabins to be occupied as far as Fort Lala then be taken by different pax for the trip to LA.

Look forward to meeting you guys onboard - the word is that the interiors on QV are going to be something else!

Cheers

Ken & Phill

Today is August 13. Five months from today on Jan. 13, we (most of us!) will be boarding Queen Victoria to begin our adventure through the Panama Canal!

I guess it's to far away to start counting down the days. I just looked at today's calendar and thought of Jan. 13!

Today is August 13. Five months from today on Jan. 13, we (most of us!) will be boarding Queen Victoria to begin our adventure through the Panama Canal!

I guess it's to far away to start counting down the days. I just looked at today's calendar and thought of Jan. 13!

OMG .... is it still 5 months off

Hobie - Great News getting a cabin. We will have to get together and plan.

Ken - There will be two safe places for me to stay away from the overweight matrons doing the doc dance - My cabin and the sauna. Love the sauna on M class ships with the big window. I think the average age will be retired on the TA cruise - but I think that will be the case on the QV - except for the World Segment cruisers. Should have lots of space on the ship for us after first seating goes to bed.

Five months will pass quickly. We are already at end of summer, and I don't know where it went.

Has anyone seen new information on the QV? Hope it's on schedule.

Larry

Ken - There will be two safe places for me to stay away from the overweight matrons doing the doc dance - My cabin and the sauna. Love the sauna on M class ships with the big window. I think the average age will be retired on the TA cruise - but I think that will be the case on the QV - except for the World Segment cruisers. Should have lots of space on the ship for us after first seating goes to bed.

Five months will pass quickly. We are already at end of summer, and I don't know where it went.

Has anyone seen new information on the QV? Hope it's on schedule.

Larry

Hi Larry ..... TA's can be extremely gay sometimes - the one we did on Brilliance a few years back was outrageous fun!! Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm hoping the QV won't be too old - just a good mix ..... the really old ones will all be doing their farewell QE2 world cruise bit. With a large PP contingent onboard there must be some fun to be had before bedtime ... :eek:

No news on QV other than whispers about how fabulous the interiors are going to be and how much more money and time they are spending on them than other ships. She should be going on first sea trials this month but Fincantieri don't give much away.

Cheers

Ken&Phill

Hello

I went to the two links - and they are great. Thank you.

I will watch the prices and when the Grills are priced right - I have to try it. I had booked a grill for the maiden voyage, and then switched to balcony because of the Pied Piper group. Thought I'd miss the fun by not eating with the rest of the group. Ended up changing the cruise date anyway. A balcony on the Baltic in December wouldn't get much use, but the price for the P category was good.

The second article and the author's feelings about the ship excites me. I think this ship is going to be special. My first cruise was on Song of America, and when we pulled in to San Juan, we tied up next to the Carnival. It was like arriving in a Bently and parking next to a VW. In St Thomas, when they saw I was off the Song of America - they offered to take my personal check to pay for an item.

Don't want to sound like a snob, but I do enjoy the finer things in life. Since my last relationship ended, I decided to be as nice to myself as I had been to my boy friend. That was 7 years ago, and now I need to find someone that can enjoy the good things, and if I don't, I'm very good to me.

I think our 17 days on the QV will be special, and we will be among the very first to experience the new ship.

Life is fun!

Larry Hope that wasn't TMI

Hello

I received an email today from Cunard about QV information.

It had a link to the John Head review Ken gave us.

We saw it first from Cruise Critic info.

If anyone comes across more information, please post.

Thank you

Larry

Hello ..... I will watch the prices and when the Grills are priced right - I have to try it.

You and me both - it sounds fabulous. Wouldn't an upgrade go down well!!

Don't want to sound like a snob, but I do enjoy the finer things in life. Since my last relationship ended, I decided to be as nice to myself as I had been to my boy friend. That was 7 years ago, and now I need to find someone that can enjoy the good things, and if I don't, I'm very good to me.

I think our 17 days on the QV will be special, and we will be among the very first to experience the new ship.

Life is fun!

Larry Hope that wasn't TMI

Larry .... you don't have to be a snob to travel Cunard .... but maybe it helps a little if you are LOL :D You only have to read some of the threads over on the Cunard Board to realise that!!!

Our 17 days will be very special - from the 3 queens in NY, maiden call at Fort Lala, maiden transit of the Panama, maiden call at LA .... got to be fun!!!

Hell, we're all going to be stuck on the same ship for 17 days so that wasn't TMI ;)

Ken

PS ... forgot to tell, we upgraded our online booking from 2C balconies to CC's on our Connie trip in November and ended up paying $300 less per cabin ... go figure that one :D

Larry .... you don't have to be a snob to travel Cunard .... but maybe it helps a little if you are LOL :D You only have to read some of the threads over on the Cunard Board to realise that!!!

Ken, you're sure *right on* with that comment!!! I've made a few completely benign posts over the last few days and it amazes me how people misinterpreted what I said...and then started arguing with each other about their opinions :eek:. Go figure. Check my simple *subway question for NYers* to see what I'm talking about.

Nine more days 'til we board the QM2 for Southampton, then five days in London before boarding the QE2 for the 40th anniversary cruise around GB. Can't wait. :)

Ken, you're sure *right on* with that comment!!! I've made a few completely benign posts over the last few days and it amazes me how people misinterpreted what I said...and then started arguing with each other about their opinions :eek:. Go figure. Check my simple *subway question for NYers* to see what I'm talking about.

Nine more days 'til we board the QM2 for Southampton, then five days in London before boarding the QE2 for the 40th anniversary cruise around GB. Can't wait. :)

I hadn't read that thread (tend to avoid the advice threads for those obvious reasons) .... wow, why did they want to blow you out of the water???? I have noticed that a certain person from Yeovil likes to have the last word on anything to do with NYC (or anything for that matter) :rolleyes:

I don't post there much anymore - I am persona non grata for my ongoing lack of repect for QE2 (think she should have gone years ago - and not afraid to say so) !!! I think a lot of members have put me on their 'ignore' list so they don't see my posts anyway - they can't abide anyone having an opinion different to their own. After the 'retirement' news I kept my head down and purposely avoided posting (too busy reaching for the sick bucket most of the time ;) ) - yet my name still got dragged into threads and all sorts of insinuations made (you just can't win).

Hope you enjoy your Transatlantic AND your QE2 40th. Have you been around the state rooms at Buckingham Palace yet? We went up to London for a couple of days earlier this month and took in the tour - it is fabulous. You need tickets but I'm sure there are some on the day in September.

Hope you get to Red Hook safely

Cheers

Ken

I just did a quick scan of this thread and it seems that there will be at least thirteen of us from CC on this leg from NYC to LA, and all booked through PP except for KenC and Phill. For those who will be arriving in NYC a few days before sailing, how about a meet up somewhere in the city for drinks and/or lunch or dinner, and possibly even a show? Should be easy to get tickets for something at the TKTS booth at that time of year.

If interested, any suggestions as to where and when? We live quite close to the city, so any time/place would be convenient for us. Would be nice to meet before actually boarding the QV. :)

Cornus - I looked at your positng on Cunard - and the before and after postings had me laughing out loud. Cats think I lost it. If some get that upset in the planning stage of the trip - what must their trip be like.

I have been on cruises and run into people that are constantly complaining and sharing how much better a past cruise was. I know on their next cruise they will be talking about how much better the cruise was that they were complaining about at the time. I only run into them once.

I'm not sure what my boarding picture on the upcoming Constellation will look like - 9 hour overrnight flight and Celebrity transport to the peer. They may think I took a subway to the ship.

Ken - thanks for the positive feed back on my posting. We have a good group of people on this line - and I am lookig forward to meeting everyone.

My air is through Cunard - and I am not scheduled to come in early. If I can come in early, it would be nice to get together before the cruise. Are peolpe doing pre hotels through Cunard?

Cornus - your upcoming curises soud great! Have a wonderful trip.

Have fun

Larry

We fly into Newark from Miami late on Friday Jan 11 ..... staying at Hyatt Regency on the Hudson, Jersey City. Happy to meet up for drinks or something (theatre may be a bit ambitious) before boarding - as long as it is somewhere easy to find ;)

K&P

hey ken.....

yes i did the state rooms tour last year....was amazing except i always imagined the palace and its rooms to be much bigger than they actually are... will try and get to Windsor after the QV trip this year....you are on all the way through arnt you? where are you staying in london after?

hey ken.....

yes i did the state rooms tour last year....was amazing except i always imagined the palace and its rooms to be much bigger than they actually are... will try and get to Windsor after the QV trip this year....you are on all the way through arnt you? where are you staying in london after?

Yes ..... the rooms are beautifully proportioned thanks to Nash (he also did the Royal Pavilions, Brighton - you should see that too). Unfortunately we're only on to LA - so we won't get to see you in your speedos remember (damn)??? :D

Cheers

Ken ;)

Archived