Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

http://www.cruceromania.net/foros/index.php?topic=83.0

http://www.crocieristi.it/forum/view...c6897282e09547

The above two sites were just posted over on the Cunard board. Lots of interesting pics in the second one...NB...it's three pages long, and in Italian, but interesting pics nonetheless. Enjoy! :)

Great pics aren't they .... good to see something at last!!! Have already pinched one for my sig pic :D

Sorry to hear you won't be doing your QM2 TA .... hope nothing wrong.

Sorry to hear you won't be doing your QM2 TA .... hope nothing wrong.

We actually had a great offer from Cunard just yesterday if we would postpone this TA to a date after Oct. 1...either for another TA or a Caribbean cruise. We opted for the April 6 Caribbean, also with the PP group. You mentioned about wanting to try PP...this might be a good cruise to do that. We've done several Caribbean cruises with them, both on the QM2 and the QE2. They're always fun and this is a great time to get away. Something to think about? :) We also had to make flight arrangements, so we're now leaving Newark on the evening of Sept. 11 and arriving in London the morning of Sept. 12. At least we'll have a few days to recover from jet lag before boarding the QE2 for the 40th anniversary festivities on Sept. 15.

Yes ..... the rooms are beautifully proportioned thanks to Nash (he also did the Royal Pavilions, Brighton - you should see that too). Unfortunately we're only on to LA - so we won't get to see you in your speedos remember (damn)??? :D

Cheers

Ken ;)

ha...oh yeah thats right.....thought this pic may have convinced you into staying on longer.....(joke).,...

yes the brighton pavillion is pretty amazing...and not the least bit over the top as you would expect...........:D

I was a bit disappointed to see the stern of the QV..Damn!...thats a big ugly arse shes got on her........but at least shes in the water and floating above it and not below it.....

We actually had a great offer from Cunard just yesterday if we would postpone this TA to a date after Oct. 1...either for another TA or a Caribbean cruise. We opted for the April 6 Caribbean, also with the PP group. You mentioned about wanting to try PP...this might be a good cruise to do that. We've done several Caribbean cruises with them, both on the QM2 and the QE2. They're always fun and this is a great time to get away. Something to think about? :) We also had to make flight arrangements, so we're now leaving Newark on the evening of Sept. 11 and arriving in London the morning of Sept. 12. At least we'll have a few days to recover from jet lag before boarding the QE2 for the 40th anniversary festivities on Sept. 15.

How intriguing ...... love to hear the story behind that one day ;)

Afraid we are doing a short Baltic trip in May 08 .... so the budget won't stretch to April as well :(

Ken

ha...oh yeah thats right.....thought this pic may have convinced you into staying on longer.....(joke) ....

Roscoe you are such a tease :rolleyes: ... but I like you :D

yes the brighton pavillion is pretty amazing...and not the least bit over the top as you would expect...........:D ....

If you don't think that's a little OTT I'd love to see what you think is :eek:

Ken

P.S. Can't you make that avatar bigger????? ;)

Roscoe you are such a tease :rolleyes: ... but I like you :D

If you don't think that's a little OTT I'd love to see what you think is :eek:

Ken

P.S. Can't you make that avatar bigger????? ;)

tried, but any bigger and youd be able to see the stretch marks......

tried, but any bigger and youd be able to see the stretch marks......

I'd be happy to rub some oil in for you :D

Ken ;)

who will be waiting at the bottom of QV's gangplank in Soton in April if you're not careful :eek:

I'd be happy to rub some oil in for you :D

Ken ;)

who will be waiting at the bottom of QV's gangplank in Soton in April if you're not careful :eek:

"cough cough" :o guess i walked into that one! I just hope its not engine oil.........actually....come to think of it.......

they are probably still pouring over the pictures of the QV doing her seatrials and reeling in envy against any of us already booked on her ken....lol....but seriously.....ken that is some big arse she has on her!

Obviously you have never seen a picture of the lady she is named after!!! :D

Ken

Greetings Hobie.

Someone on another thread mentioned you were looking to share a cabin on QV NY-LA. If you could tell me the 2 in a room price I would be interested in discussing the idea. I am packing for QE2 40th anniv trip and won't commit to anything else until 1st week of OCT, but it would be a good next trip to go on.

Winchester,

Thanks for the note.

I have A6 balcony cabin reserved. The price is $4,891pp including port charges. That's 17 nights, NYC to LA via the Panama Canal.

I don't think I'll be able to go unless I get a cabin mate. The single fare is a little less at 175% but still pretty expensive!

I have to commit by 10/14, one way or the other. I look forward to hearing from you if you are interested in sharing.

Otherwise, enjoy the 40th anniversary cruise on QE2!

Winchester,

I see that in your signature you list QV cruise on 1/08. It actually departs NYC harbor on 1/13. Of course, now I realize, that you are probably just noting January, 2008!!

My last note may have been confusing. The price I listed includes port charges. I am booked with PP.

If you want to contact me, you can send e-mail to hobie99. Send it to where the mail is hot, if you know what I mean (trying to avoid spam here). I will respond with my telephone number so maybe we can speak on the phone before you leave on your QE2 cruise.

Take care, Hobie.

Winchester,

Thanks for the note.

I have A6 balcony cabin reserved. The price is $4,891pp including port charges. That's 17 nights, NYC to LA via the Panama Canal.

I don't think I'll be able to go unless I get a cabin mate. The single fare is a little less at 175% but still pretty expensive!

I have to commit by 10/14, one way or the other. I look forward to hearing from you if you are interested in sharing.

Otherwise, enjoy the 40th anniversary cruise on QE2!

Hobie ..... that is one hell of a good rate :eek:

well, on this side of the Pond anyway!

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for the info. about the cabin price. I was a little reluctant to post the price but since Winchester asked, I posted it!

That's it...Blame it on somebody else!

I hope that I didn't violate any of the board rules.

It's a rate that is posted on the PP web site, so nothing confidential.

Now if I can only find a cabin mate!

Hi Hobbie

Have you checked with PP to see about a person to share the cabin. I believe they advertise to singles and they will match.

I put a $350 deposit on maiden voyage QV in March, 2004 - and then they scrapped the first plan, and started over. Then got the booking on this cruise first day it was available, and the rates were even better then. Current rates when cabins become available are high. Have to be a real cruise nut to wait four years for a cruise, but this will be worth it.

I'm always torn between booking really early, or waiting until last minute. I already have all of 2008 vacation bays booked. May wait for last minute cruises in 2009.

Do the cruise lines still do upgrades? The upgrade fairy has not landed on any of my bookings. All the cruises I have taken have been sold out. There has been some changing of cabins on the Constellation TA, but people are paying for them. The penthouse did come available for $4000 a person - great price, but with this QV - out of the question for me. M class has the best penthouses. Better than QM2's overlooking the pool. No privacy.

Roscoe39 - sorry you will not be on the NY - LA portion. Your cruise ports sound great and we will have the ship broke in for you. Maybe the staff trained too.

Have fun

Larry

Hi Hobbie

Roscoe39 - sorry you will not be on the NY - LA portion. Your cruise ports sound great and we will have the ship broke in for you. Maybe the staff trained too.

Have fun

Larry

why larry, is that akin to...

"captain please get me another waiter...this ones broken...???"

haha....

yes, please make sure the staff is well broken in...... i like my champagne cold and my slippers warm...

enjoy the Panama canal.....and make sure you have a good look around the old part of Panama City....cool place.

why larry, is that akin to...

"captain please get me another ...this ones broken...???"

yes, please make sure the staff is well broken in...... i like my champagne cold and my ..... cool .

I think Larry means that everything will be well oiled and running smooth ..... oh Roscoe you are such a bad influence!!!! :eek:

Ken ;)

I think Larry means that everything will be well oiled and running smooth ..... oh Roscoe you are such a bad influence!!!! :eek:

Ken ;)

hmmmmm i like the well oiled bit... as long as you dont forget the baby oil ken and larry......youre job can be the depilatory cream........

im more of an engine oil and hairy bloke sort of guy.....but ill try not to be too fussy...

Thanks for the Picture. It floats. Can't wait to see the inside. QV is going to be magical.

I'm packing for tomorrow's filght - LAX / London. Then Saturday is to the Constellation. Big challenge is 50 pound weight limit on bags.

See everyone in four months. Where does the time go?

Larry

.......I'm packing for tomorrow's filght - LAX / London. Then Saturday is to the Constellation. Big challenge is 50 pound weight limit on bags.

See everyone in four months. Where does the time go?

Larry

Hi Larry - looking for a report when you get back - it's only 49 days before we go on Connie too :D

Here's another QV photo

17838.jpg

Ken

Archived