I need a fan to sleep...

man3fan

I use the Sleep Mate which you can order online. It's a white noise machine with 2 speeds. You can also dial the casing to make the noise softer or louder. I've had my machine for over 20 years. I use this machine every night and it goes EVERYWHERE with me! I think it's great we are all discovering "we are not alone......."

naturestapestry_1938_10902355

Oh, that's it...I reall need to look at these posts before I reply, that is twice today:rolleyes:

We are "fans of the fan" club too! We HAVE to use a fan at night to cover up the heavy traffic and barking dogs that surround our home.

Today, we bought the Conair Sound Therapy machine at WalMart for $14.74. We got this suggestion from fellow CCer's and will try it out tonight. IF it works as great as you say, we'll have something new to pack in our luggage for our upcoming Liberty cruise.

Thanks for all of your input!

:cool: Bill

My hubby refused to buy the "noise machine" because he likes the airflow. (I don't. Can you tell?) So we ended up buying this wierdo fan from Walmart the other day to take on the cruise. It's about 12" by 12" and 3" deep. It can sit on a surface but it also has a hook so you can hang it from something. It can run for 72 hours on 8 D batteries ($$$) or plug in with the included adapter.

We bought batteries for it and tried it at home. Makes the perfect humming noise. Kinda larger than I would have liked but we've got a pretty good sized suitcase.

We are "fans of the fan" club too! We HAVE to use a fan at night to cover up the heavy traffic and barking dogs that surround our home.

Today, we bought the Conair Sound Therapy machine at WalMart for $14.74. We got this suggestion from fellow CCer's and will try it out tonight. IF it works as great as you say, we'll have something new to pack in our luggage for our upcoming Liberty cruise.

Thanks for all of your input!

:cool: Bill

Bill - I bought the same one from Wal-Mart a couple of years ago and it works great. Kind of funny though - the first night I set it to the "Running Stream" setting and it reminded me too much like water (had to use the bathroom a few extra times during the night). The next night I set it to 'Waterfall' and it was perfect. Kind of like a soft white noise without the static sound.

Good luck - let us know what you think. I will be bringing mine in 21 days!

Luey

What can you do if you ever forget your noise maker or fan - turn on the radio and set it between two stations. It will make a quiet white noise sound. Works in a pinch when you can't fall asleep.

Okay, add two more to the club. DH and I have our ceiling fans on year round and can't sleep unless it's freezing in the room. We've wondered about taking fans but figured they wouldn't let us use it. Now, I'm thinking differently, thanks to all you "fans" out there!:D

This is so funny, I never thought other people used a fan. Last week I turn on TV and watched a morning show and one of the hosts was saying she was out with friends the night before and almost all of the use one. Then I come on here and see this post. I have never taken a fan on my cruises but now will hunt one down to bring. Thanks all

We use a fan in the summer and a sound machine in the winter. My 4 yr old also has her own. I'm a fairly light sleeper so our sound machine will be coming on our cruise with us. It came from Shaper Image and we can plug the iPod into it. So it has two uses...:D

One thing I've done on my past few cruises is wait and buy a fan once arriving in Florida. I always arrive a day or two early and walk to a Target or Walgreens. It's Florida, so they ALWAYS have fans for cheap. This saves me the packing space; I put it in my carry-on, take it on board the ship, and leave it there once the cruise ends.

Too bad Carnival couldn't house all these "orphaned" fans and offer them for rent. Hey, now, there's a suggestion!!:rolleyes:

Archived