"LIVE" from the Jewel- April 7, 2007

Thanks Radio, I also love your "live" reports. We were on the Jewel in 2005 to the Baltics, and will be doing the 6 day W. caribbean in November. She truly is a beautiful ship and I can't wait to sail on her again. Have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to following you every day, and re-living every moment with you. :)

Hello everyone...I finally made it to Florida. We are at the Auto Train Station in Sanford, FL. It is sunny and F. We arrived late due to some rail damage in SC (South of Florence,SC)

They will remove my car soon, and I should be in Fort Lauderdale at about 4PM.

Radio

;) ;)

Radio - I'll also be aboard the Jewel Nov. 11 and am really looking forward to my first balcony cabin (9092). If you happen to take any pix of the balconies on Deck 9, right close to the glass-enclosed elevator, I'd be very interested in seeing them!

I'm so looking forward to "cruising with you" these next few days! Have a wonderful time and thanksfor keeping us informed all along the way...

Cindy

Hello everyone ! Wow ...I finally made it to Fort Lauderdale. It took 5 hrs to drive from Sanford, FL. Lots of traffic...grrrr...

Anyway I arrived at the hotel, and it is very nice. I am at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania, Florida (Just a couple of miles from Port Everglades)

Tonight, I will just relax and get to sleep early....

Tomorrow should be a wonderful day, with great weather, and sunny skies. I am very excited to be sailing again on what is the most beautiful ship in the RCI fleet ...The Jewel of the Seas.

My connection at the hotel is great ! (1359 kbps)

Here are a few pics from today....

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;) ;)

Amtrak AutoTrain

image.jpg

Hilton Garden Inn

image.jpg

Hotel Pool

image.jpg

Mark:

Just love your reviews, and I'm really looking forward to this one, since my boss will be boarding for the trans-atlantic when you're getting off a week from Sunday. I'd love to show her pictures of the ship she'll be boarding, so take lots of great pics (I know you will)! Hopefully, I'll be able to pull them up, since I wasn't able to see either of your previously posted pictures.

Have a great trip!

Dru

Mark:

Just love your reviews, and I'm really looking forward to this one, since my boss will be boarding for the trans-atlantic when you're getting off a week from Sunday. I'd love to show her pictures of the ship she'll be boarding, so take lots of great pics (I know you will)! Hopefully, I'll be able to pull them up, since I wasn't able to see either of your previously posted pictures.

Have a great trip!

Dru

Hi Dru..Thanks for the nice comments. I am sure you will be able to get the pics once I am on the Jewel. That is because I have to post photos that are much smaller since my bandwidth and connection speed will be much lower.

Hopefully, you will be able to view them. If there is trouble...just click on my link below....to see all of the pics I will take on this cruise.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio: Look forward to your Live Posts as we will be on Jewel 6nt Jan 08, but doing the same itinerary on Radiance in November...

Having never been to Antigua, will be interested on your take of the island...Later, Jill:cool:

Hello everyone ! I made onboard the beautiful Jewel of the Seas. I know I have been on here before but I can assure you, that when you walk on board and look up through the centrum...It is breathtaking ! What a beautiful ship !

I left the hotel by 11:30, and arrived at the pier in just 10 minutes. The check in was very fast. I was onboard by 12 noon. I immediately went to my cabin, and unpaced all of my electronic equipment. I wanted to take a few oics of the ship, but ooops..... Why is my battery not in the camera?:confused: I can't beleive that I must have misplaced the battery. I searched all of the bags, but no luck. I hope it is in my checked in luggage or I am in trouble. Maybe the ship will sell the battery that I need..... Or I might have to visit a camera Shop in San Juan on Monday ! Oh well...worse things could happen.... I am jest very happy to be on this ship, and I will provide the same commentary, and reports of this cruise.

There just may not be any pics until Monday :(

The Windjammer food was very good ! It always seems to be the best on the first day. . . The CD this week will be Marc Walker. Tonight's Welcome aboard show will feature Comedian Richie Minervini, and of course the RCI Singers and Dancers. There will be a new Game Show, that I haven't heard about. "Steal or no Steal" I will have to attend that show...It should be fun.

Well its time to walk around and see what I can see. The Welcome Expo will be starting soon in the Centrum with lots of "Fabulous Prizes"...Then we have the Muster drill at 4PM...We are scheduled to leave today at 5PM.

The weather is beautiful. . .sunny and warm (76f)...A delightful spring day.

The ships in port with us today are the beautiful MSC Lirica, HAL Zuiderdam, and the Star Princess. There will be 16 different ships we will se on this voyage. (Hopefully , I will get some pics of them)

I will try to post again soon, and I will search for camera battery:confused:

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:cool: :cool:

Hi Radio.....and Mrs Radio :D

I am so looking foreword to your live posts on the Jewel. Its just like being there!!

Just a thought.....Any chance you may have left the camera battery in the hotel? Hopefully it will turn up, or as you say worst is you have to buy one in SJ. I'm sure we can get by with live posts minus the pics....for now....but hurry we love those pic's!! :D :D

Have a wonderful cruise.

Hello Everyone ! I found the battery....It was in my checked-on luggage. I even left the ship to walk over to the parking garage, to see if it was in the car. I am very happy that I found it... I have time for one more post before the muster drill..I said before it was at 4PM, but it is for 430PM...We sail at 5PM.

The day has eased for me now that I have everything required. Here are a few pics from today. I will post many more throughout the week, with all public areas being covered. Here are a few before we sail ! !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Jewel Forward Navigation Mast

image.jpg

Welcome Aboard

image.jpg

Holland America Zuiderdam

image.jpg

Jewel of the Seas Pool

image.jpg

So glad you found your battery. So looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your pics of our favourite ship. We'll be doing almost the same cruise in Dec - Tortola instead of Antigua though.

Archived