"LIVE" from the Jewel- April 7, 2007

Hello Everyone... The debarkation process started at about 9AM, and I was off at about 1015AM. I was parked in the Mid port Garage across the street, and then went to my hotel for the night. I am in a Holiday Inn Express very close to Disneyworld.

I wont be going to Disneyworld today. I will be resting from a 4hour drive, will take a dip in the pool , and have some dinner. My Autrotrain trip leaves tomorrow at 4.

I am very upset that Clubphoto went out of business (I think), and I will try to re load all of the pics from the first 3 days, to my new site(just click below) For those of you who have Signatures turn off...the website is:

www.CruisingWithRadio.com

Overall, I loved the cruise. A balcony cabin would have been better for me (I booked this cruise late, and none were available), But an outside cabin was much cheaper. . . .so I'm not complaining.

This cruise offered a port intensive Itinerary, and I recommend this cruise to anyone who loves the Eastern Caribbean ports of call.

The Jewel was as beautiful as it was when I sailed her last year(March '06)

The Pros were:

• Seaview Café, and Dining Choices
  • Coral Theatre and Production Shows
  • The Service was Outstanding
  • Decor and Beauty of Public rooms
  • Solarium is very nice (Much better than Voyager Class ships)
  • The Music was wonderful
  • Very Nice Cinema (Much better than Voyager Class ships)
  • Wide On-board Shopping Selections
  • Latte-Tudes Café

There aren't many cons, but :

• The Main pool is a little small
  • The Port Shopping Talks don't discuss the Ports. . .Just the Shopping

So as you can see, I highly recommend the Jewel of the Seas. I think that Vision Class ships have been designated as "The Ships of Light", and I think that is accurate. I think that the Radiance Class ships should be known as "The Ships of Beauty".

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments, and Thanks for tuning in ! !

Here are a few pics from the last morning on Jewel. . .

Radio

Looking Down in the Atrium from the Explorer Lounge on Deck 12

e9e6c37b.jpg

Solarium from Deck 12

e9e6c3db.jpg

Forward Navigation Mast

e9e6c3d7.jpg

Final view of Jewel before leaving. . .

e9e6a4ce.jpg

Radio, thanks for the great review and pictures. It was so nice to see all my favourite places again on the Jewel. Who was the pianist in the Schooner Bar? Did you ever find out? My fellow CC'rs and I will be going on the 11/11- 6 night ( I wish it were longer)

Thanks again for all the wonderful pictures and for taking the time to bring us all along on your cruise.

Kate

Radio, thank you so much for checking out rm 7538! Thank you so much!!! Thanks for all your posts and pictures! why book another when you can cruise with Radio! Who am I joking!

Thanks again and look forward to you cruising again!

J

Radio, thanks for all of your great live reports! We've done Brilliance twice and we're on Jewel in January. The Radiance class ships are outstanding! It's a looooong way off till January, but your reports were of great assistance to us. Thanks, again. From southern Maryland, we are,

Rick and Deirdra

Radio: Ditto to what others have already said!! BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. Thank you for taking the time to post them for all of to enjoy!!

So when do you take off again??

Wow, Thanks... I have many more photos to post when I return.

I am not sure exactly. My plan is to sail again in June or July. I would like to sail on Freedom, Liberty, Empress from Norfolk, Explorer from Bayonne, and even Grandeur from Baltimore.

I usually book only about a month prior to sail date, so I wont be booking until about May. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio, thanks for all of your great live reports! We've done Brilliance twice and we're on Jewel in January. The Radiance class ships are outstanding! It's a looooong way off till January, but your reports were of great assistance to us. Thanks, again. From southern Maryland, we are,

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks, I would love to sail on Brilliance...I think she will be sailing a 10-11 nt Panama in the Winter '08. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of the wonderful pictures. I am more anxious then ever to begin my cruising journey onboard the Jewel of the Seas next March. I did get a glimpse of the pictures that were loaded earlier, then lost. I hope you are able to add them later, as my DH did not get to see them. Hope you have a safe trip.

Radio, what a great experience. Thank you for taking all of the ccer's along on your cruise.

I've got a question about Morning Star Beach/Frenchman's Reef??? Can the cruise ship passengers have access to this beach and property OR do we need to have a day pass? I've been to St. Thomas many times, but have never been to the Marriott property. I would love to have more details.

Thank you

Linda

Archived