Radio

"LIVE" from the Jewel- April 7, 2007

Hello everyone ! I will be leaving today for Sunny Fort Lauderdale. On Saturday morning, I will be boarding the Jewel of the Seas for an 8 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise.

I will be posting daily "Live" reports, photos, and commentary about the beautiful Jewel of the seas, and the ports where she will go.

I am excited about this cruise, due to the itinerary, and five ports on an 8NT cruise, and especially Antigua (I have never been there)

Sat-Ft Lauderdale

Sun-At Sea

Mon-San Juan

Tues-St Maarten

Wed- St Johns, Antigua

Thur-St Thomas, USVI

Fri-At Sea

Sat-Nassau

Sun-Ft Lauderdale

I have sailed the Jewel last in March '06, for a 6NT Western. I remember the Jewel as being one of the most Beautiful ships in the fleet. I can hope for a wonderful, relaxing cruise. I think it will be a delightful 9 days.

The forecast is calling for sunny skies, and warm temps (it is 38f in Maryland this morning...brrr...)

Grab a cup of coffee, relax, and join me for blue skies, tropical breezes, and sparkling blue water, as we sail south for a slice of the Caribbean.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Meyer Werft Shipyard

Oh Boy!!!! Another " Live Radio Thread"!! What a great itinerary. I have next week off but I am moving, so lots of stress here. Can't wait to check in each day and destress on my virtual cruise with Radio!

Radio......when you are in Antigua, see if you can get a general concensus from your fellow passengers of the most relaxing beach to go to.

Have a great cruise!

Take good care of the Jewel. When you get off, we are getting on for a 12 night TA. Can't wait!!!

Radio......when you are in Antigua' date=' see if you can get a general concensus from your fellow passengers of the most relaxing beach to go to.[/quote']

We were there on March 28th on the Jewel. We went to Darkwood Beach and loved it. A beautiful beach that has food, drink, chairs and cabanas available. It's not crowded like Turner's Beach is and has nicer sand, IMHO.

I am a newbie to the RCL boards. We are going on the 8 night in Dec.and can't wait. I look forward to checking in and reading all about the beautiful JEWEL.:)

We were just on the Jewel in Dec. with that same itin. It was a great time with plenty to do at each port. I'll be reading your "live" thread and re-experiencing this wonderful cruise thru your eyes.

Isn't the Jewel a "jewel" of a ship? It is really the most beautiful of all we've been on. Enjoy!!!

Great news Radio!!! I'm looking forward to your report as always. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to keep us ccer's entertained:D

Linda

OH, Goody! Goody! I love your "Live" reviews. :D

We loved the Jewel! I don't know when we'll be able to cruise again so it's nice to be able to cruise through your "Live" reviews.

Thanks for the invite to cruise along with you live!

You have the best live reports, its like we're actually there with you....hope Mrs Radio doesn't mind! :D

Have a great cruise!!

DH and I will be on the Jewel, March 22, 2008, cabin 9576. It will be our first cruise. We are looking forward to it, as well as to your stories about your adventure. Have a save trip.

Thanks in advance, Radio. I look forward to reading your review. We've only been on Voyager class: Navigator, Mariner & Explorer and are considering the 8-day eastern on the Jewel next spring. I've read great things about the Radiance class, so I look forward to reading what you think about the ship as it compares to Voyager class. Have a great trip, I'll be reading!

How exciting!

I love cruising "with" Radio.

That sounds like a great itinerary, look forward to the posts and pics!

Radio - I know it goes without saying but have a great time. I was on her in 2005, she is beautiful.

To Max's Mom ...... It's L J (Lori) I saw your post and just had to say Hi. We were on her together. I hope both you and John are doing well. I see you are moving good luck with it all.

Radio we just got off the Jewel a week ago on the same cruise.........ship is in great shape..........great cruise...........enjoy..........

I'm looking forward to your posts very much - I'll be on her in August.

Jane

x

We'll be on Jewel in August also; which cruise will you be on? (We're leaving 5 August.)

I'm looking forward to the posts also. We loved Radiance, and anticipate an even better cruise this time.

We'll be on Jewel in August also; which cruise will you be on? (We're leaving 5 August.)

I'm looking forward to the posts also. We loved Radiance, and anticipate an even better cruise this time.

Hi,

I'm getting on as you get off! I'm a teacher so I could have fitted in either of these sailings. The reason we chose the latter is that my son, Jack, will be 16 on the 16th August - the day before we sail. My son wants to take full advantage of his semi-adult status by making use of the gym and the solarium!

Jane

x

Hi,

I'm getting on as you get off! I'm a teacher so I could have fitted in either of these sailings. The reason we chose the latter is that my son, Jack, will be 16 on the 16th August - the day before we sail. My son wants to take full advantage of his semi-adult status by making use of the gym and the solarium!

Jane

x

Maybe we can wave to each other as we pass! (g)

There are a LOT of teachers on these cruises, including my wife and several others on our cruise. (And I used to teach, if that counts; now I'm just a government drone.)

Enjoy your cruise.

I am cruising on the Jewel this weekend also. I will probably write a review when I return.

That would be great, too.

Don't forget to tell me who your captain is!!! I love your "live" posts, you take great pictures and you know how to post them too!

Don't forget to tell me who your captain is!!! I love your "live" posts, you take great pictures and you know how to post them too!

Oh yes..I will get the Captain's name... I think I may be getting a bridge tour as well...So I will have lots of questions for the Captain....

WoW...I just got on the AutoTrain, and there seems to be alot of comments already ! I hope to be able to give everyone a glimpse of the Jewel of the Seas in the Caribbean.

Hopefully my connection will be steady... I know that last year while on Jewel, the Cybercabin connection was weak...and I was forced to use

Wi -Fi (Very Costly though...but very very fast.)

We are scheduled to leave at 4PM. . We should get to Sanford ,FL by 830AM.....I will then drive my car to FLL (about 3 -4 hrs) I will be staying very close to the port at the HGI just south of the Airport.

I am hoping for a wonderful cruise ! !

Thanks for the nice comments ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks for taking time out to do this for all of us.........:) I'll be waiting with baited breath!

Don't forget to tell me who your captain is!!!

The current captain of Jewel is Thore Thorolvsen. The CD is Marc Walker. Just got off the Jewel on Sunday.

Thanks Radio, I also love your "live" reports. We were on the Jewel in 2005 to the Baltics, and will be doing the 6 day W. caribbean in November. She truly is a beautiful ship and I can't wait to sail on her again. Have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to following you every day, and re-living every moment with you. :)

I am going in AUg also, leaving on the 29th to Scandanavia! Can't wait. It looks beautiful and I will be watching your review!

Hello everyone...I finally made it to Florida. We are at the Auto Train Station in Sanford, FL. It is sunny and F. We arrived late due to some rail damage in SC (South of Florence,SC)

They will remove my car soon, and I should be in Fort Lauderdale at about 4PM.

Radio

;) ;)

Have a great sailing. I love reading your reports and viewing the photos -- another member of the Radio Fan Club.

Have a wonderful cruise! We were on the Jewel with Shipknotshore, and she is truly a beauty. We'll be back on board in July for a Scandinavia/Russia trip and cannot wait!

Mark, looking forward to your "live" posts. The Jewel is without a doubt the most beautiful ship that I have ever seen. Have a great time.

Radio - have a fabulous cruise! :)

Thanks for allowing us to tag along on your vacation!

Looking forward to great editorial and fantatic pictures as always!

Radio - I'll also be aboard the Jewel Nov. 11 and am really looking forward to my first balcony cabin (9092). If you happen to take any pix of the balconies on Deck 9, right close to the glass-enclosed elevator, I'd be very interested in seeing them!

I'm so looking forward to "cruising with you" these next few days! Have a wonderful time and thanksfor keeping us informed all along the way...

Cindy

We are also first time cruisers , sailing on JOS in August from Harwich to Scandinavia and Russia. Looking forward to reading your reviews/reports and viewing your pics. Thanks for taking the trouble. Have a great time!!!:) :) ;) ;)

Hello everyone ! Wow ...I finally made it to Fort Lauderdale. It took 5 hrs to drive from Sanford, FL. Lots of traffic...grrrr...

Anyway I arrived at the hotel, and it is very nice. I am at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania, Florida (Just a couple of miles from Port Everglades)

Tonight, I will just relax and get to sleep early....

Tomorrow should be a wonderful day, with great weather, and sunny skies. I am very excited to be sailing again on what is the most beautiful ship in the RCI fleet ...The Jewel of the Seas.

My connection at the hotel is great ! (1359 kbps)

Here are a few pics from today....

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;) ;)

Amtrak AutoTrain

image.jpg

Hilton Garden Inn

image.jpg

Hotel Pool

image.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics........the hotel looks nice.cant see the train pic.................I know the traffic is a real bear right now!

Mark:

Just love your reviews, and I'm really looking forward to this one, since my boss will be boarding for the trans-atlantic when you're getting off a week from Sunday. I'd love to show her pictures of the ship she'll be boarding, so take lots of great pics (I know you will)! Hopefully, I'll be able to pull them up, since I wasn't able to see either of your previously posted pictures.

Have a great trip!

Dru

Mark:

Just love your reviews, and I'm really looking forward to this one, since my boss will be boarding for the trans-atlantic when you're getting off a week from Sunday. I'd love to show her pictures of the ship she'll be boarding, so take lots of great pics (I know you will)! Hopefully, I'll be able to pull them up, since I wasn't able to see either of your previously posted pictures.

Have a great trip!

Dru

Hi Dru..Thanks for the nice comments. I am sure you will be able to get the pics once I am on the Jewel. That is because I have to post photos that are much smaller since my bandwidth and connection speed will be much lower.

Hopefully, you will be able to view them. If there is trouble...just click on my link below....to see all of the pics I will take on this cruise.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: