Does Carnival give money back if cost goes down?

Others may have different experiences, but when I've seen a decrease in what I paid for, I call my Carnival PVP. If this is prior to final payment, then my final payment is less. If it's after final payment, I've received OBC (on board credit). I'm choosy about my location on a ship. I always pick a certain cabin; therefore, I don't want any upgrade.

DOnt expect your agent or PVP to watch price drops for you-

You should watch prices using the carnival site to see if your price comes down. (remember the price you are seeing on that site is missing the government taxes so add in about 50 bucks)

if you see a lower price you call and ask--

Most cruises sail at a higher rate then what you paid. By reading these boards it would make you think that price decreases happen all the time.

We already e-mailed Carnival and found out that one of our rates had gone down, so we will be receiving OBC. I'm just wondering if that will be there when we board, or if we will have to chase around to get it credited? Should I bring along a copy of the e-mail, just in case?

We already e-mailed Carnival and found out that one of our rates had gone down, so we will be receiving OBC. I'm just wondering if that will be there when we board, or if we will have to chase around to get it credited? Should I bring along a copy of the e-mail, just in case?

yep take a copy of the email-- shouldnt be a prpblem--but JUST IN CASE>

Others may have different experiences, but when I've seen a decrease in what I paid for, I call my Carnival PVP. If this is prior to final payment, then my final payment is less. If it's after final payment, I've received OBC (on board credit). I'm choosy about my location on a ship. I always pick a certain cabin; therefore, I don't want any upgrade.

Yup, that's how it's worked for us!

You have to call them and tell them you've found a lower rate. They will not automatically give it to you. . .

You have to call them and tell them you've found a lower rate. They will not automatically give it to you. . .

Same thing happened to us also. Price went down twice so I called my TA and the balance price of the cruise was lower. :D

I got a total of $560 in OBC on the Legend in April by calling back when prices dropped.

Be aware that if you booked a guarantee and they assigned a room, you will have to go through the room reassignment again and may lose your uprade. It's like they re-book the cruise for you.

I booked an 8A ... with free upgrade to an 8I.

Do I look for the price drop for the 8A or the 8I? I would say the 8A but want to know what I am talking about when I do have to place that call!

TIA

Look at your booking. It will say what cabin category your rate is based on.

I booked an 8A ... with free upgrade to an 8I.

Do I look for the price drop for the 8A or the 8I? I would say the 8A but want to know what I am talking about when I do have to place that call!

TIA

you would look at the 8I price.

IF you based the price on the 8A and want a price decrease you would lose your free upgrade and go back down to an 8A.

........I'm just wondering if that will be there when we board, or if we will have to chase around to get it credited? ?

Whenever I've received OBC, I make sure and ask my PVP for an immediate email confirming it. Then I put that piece of paper in my docs and take it w/me.:)

I've known of at least one other person who had no written confirmation, and didn't get the OBC once onboard. She had no proof that she was due OBC.

Be persistent, it took three different calls to get our little discount when our price dropped. My original PVP wasn't there anymore so I made sure to write this new guy's name down. $80 is $80 you know?

They put the credit back on my CC not OBC.

Archived