Same Dress for 2 Formal Nights???

SakeDad

I think it would be wise to remember that you are going on an exciting, relaxing and enjoyable cruise and NOT to a fashion show..From a guy's view,

Spoken just like a man. Don't believe for one second that it's not a fashion show, too. Every place there are women wearing clothes there is a fashion show. ;)

I got a solid black long dress (with no bangles or beads or anything) on ebay for under 20 bucks. I'm going to wear it with different tops and jewelry and it'll look like two different outfits. And if it doesn't, who cares?

• 2 weeks later...
OK...we're starting to look at wardrobe to take for Alaska. Mom has a lovely gold dress she wants to wear for both formal nights. She would wear a gold bugle beaded/rhinstoned throw over it the 1st time and a colorful shawl the 2nd time. Do you think it's OK for her to wear the same dress for both formal nights on a 7 day cruise to Alaska? It sure would help with packing.:rolleyes:

I pack a black skirt with two dressy tops.

OK...we're starting to look at wardrobe to take for Alaska. Mom has a lovely gold dress she wants to wear for both formal nights. She would wear a gold bugle beaded/rhinstoned throw over it the 1st time and a colorful shawl the 2nd time. Do you think it's OK for her to wear the same dress for both formal nights on a 7 day cruise to Alaska? It sure would help with packing.:rolleyes:

IMHO, a great dress deserves a second formal night. Besides, it's only fair to those fellow passengers who didn't get to see it the first time!;)

This post is somewhat superfluous since I agree with everyone who has posted so far. However, here's my take on the subject: I'm going to Alaska for the first time in 20 years and I am taking one black two-piece dress with me for however many formal nights there will be on the cruise. I'll wear the same shoes but take an assortment of jewellry to (hopefully) change "the look".

Your mom is going to look magnificent, both nights, and I'm sure that you will both have a wonderful cruise without any of the fashion police breathing down your necks.

Valerie:)

IMHO, a great dress deserves a second formal night. Besides, it's only fair to those fellow passengers who didn't get to see it the first time!;)

I absolutely love your answer to the OP's question.

Valerie:D

Absolutely! The whole reason I rented a tux on our last trip was I just didnt want to pack that stuff. Honestly I am an overpacker and can put my DW to shame there, but I was trying to cut down and not bring my tux. I think that if she has one lovely dress that she'll accessorize differently then more power to her..... leaves room in the luggage for more souvenirs and stuff :)

Well another male opinion Though some women treat it as a fashion show and dress accordingly, the reality is this. You are on a 7 night cruise, having dinner with passengers you just met and will probably never see again, despite that you might wish otherwise. So why should you care about how many times you wear that same dress with different accessories for dinner and socializing with fellow passengers who could care less. Unless they are fashion snobs - and yes, there are some of those. What you wear is of little consequence; how you conduct yourself and treat others is all that is remembered in the long run.

I agree. On my upcoming Christmas Holiday Adventure, I will be dressing and paring down on luggage, as my dear son will be traveling with my Dd and I and he is in a wheelchair. He works hard in therapy and we have church type attire, but nothing fancy as it is not feasible for him.

I am not purchasing any new clothes for next adventure. I have plenty and I am just going to dress up a little black dress and a red one and let go. being with him is way more important. But I do love seeing everyone all dressed up. My hope is to get him in a tuxedo and have a picture made as he missed his senior prom due to the accident.

Wear what is easiest and pack light (from someone who has lugged too much luggage and too many things, too many times through airports).

LHC

Archived