Whats your favorite port?

pazandak63

Well after June 3rd I will let you know which ports are my favorite. We havent been to 5 out of the 6 were going to.

BUT FOR NOW MY FAVORITE IS ST. MARTEEN. we had the most fun their and lots of good memories. Although st. thomas was more beautiful, st. marteen was a fantastic stop!!!!

Well after June 3rd I will let you know which ports are my favorite. We havent been to 5 out of the 6 were going to.

BUT FOR NOW MY FAVORITE IS ST. MARTEEN. we had the most fun their and lots of good memories. Although st. thomas was more beautiful, st. marteen was a fantastic stop!!!!

We are going to St. Thomas/St. Maarten in June. What did you do on St. maarten? I am looking forward to this port....heard about Orient Beach...

and my favorite port is the port of embarkation!

any port will do!

Based on our short cruise experience...St. Kitts. Still mostly unspoiled with many uncrowded beaches. Liked it so much we returned this past Feb for one week.

Will soon visit Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. Can't wait to see how some of the western Caribbean ports compare the the ease.

Roatan by far. We were on the Legend in Feb. when the Liberty incident happened in Limon. We were suppossed to go to Limon, but Carnival cancelled that port. We went to Roatan instead. Awesome island. We did the snuba, and half the fun was the drive to the other side of the island.

Add my vote for St. Martin....I've done Western and Eastern and so far, I loved St. Martin best. We rented a jeep and drove all over the island. Stopped at Orient Beach for a while. (Too busy for me.) Went to Friar's Bay beach....much quieter...loved it! We had lunch at a "lolo" in Grand Case and then drove over to Maho to watch a plane land. Awesome day.

I was just wondering what others prefered in ports....Mine would be Roatan for its unspoiled beauty...and warm temps...

We were in the Western Carib three years ago and thought Roatan was an unexpected treat. Although many others complained about the "third world" conditions of the Island, we preferred to think of it as, as yet unspoiled by 'civilization' the way many other of the Caribbean Islands are.

To whit, the first thing that you see on the horizon when approaching Cozumel is that overly tall McDonald's sign.

In the Eastern Carib we especially enjoyed St. Maarten.

In Alaska the nod went to Juneau for the helicopter flight onto the glacier.

In W. Europe we fell in love with Venice, and Barcelona came in a close second.

This summer we leave for the Eastern Med and are especially looking forward to Istanbul, as well as laying on the beach on the island of Rhodes.

BnB

Guest YesitDonna

Cozumel and Carlos and Charlie's! We plan our cruises around going there.

Least favore.. HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nassau

Here are the ports I've visited. I have enjoyed every single one but I've listed them in order of preference.

1. Miami - South Beach in particular
  2. St. Maarten - especially liked Marigot and Orient Beach
  3. St. Thomas - liked the shopping and the hilly landscape
  4. Cozumel
  5. Nassau

Cozumel and Nassau are the only ones I feel I don't need to see again, mainly because they're small and I felt I got to see most of each island during the first visit.

Archived