Whats your favorite port?

pazandak63

Costa Maya! Once you get to the fishing village, things are much more to my liking. More laid back and the prices are cheaper too!
My thoughts exactly!!! What a beautiful beach and the 'massages on the beach', cheap drinks and great food can't be beat! :D

I believe we are there next Monday, April 16...:p Paradise!

Jaguar:

"what did you do on st. maarten?"

Well for an excursion we rented the RHINO-RIDERS. Their mini speed boats kind of like jetskis but UNFLIPPABLE. and trust me we tried to flip them. We rode out about twenty minutes to these reefs where we snorkled. It was beautiful, they gave us drinks and snacks. Afterwards we rode back through the scenic route. IT WAS AMAZING!!! No words can really describe the fun we had.

Than right next to that place was a bar and we had the best strawberry margaritas! Afterwards we went shopping by the market and stopped at the bar that was right on the beach overlooking our ship and port. I cant tell you the name of the bar I can only tell you the bartenders name was SHADOW!!! It was such a great time. Just memories you NEVER forget.

Oh and i dont know if you like alcohol...but the liquor stores in st. maarten have the cheapest prices weve come around. we brought cases back with us on the boat. JUST A HEADS UP;)

I loved Dominica. It was not the "entertainment" or the shopping or the partying that goes along with some of the other islands (I have a blast doing that stuff don't get me wrong). Dominica was unspoiled beauty. The rain forest, the falls, the emerald pool and most importantly the people. They were awesome. These people have virtually nothing. They live in small run down homes most of us would consider to be a shack. But, what they have is as clean as it can be, well kept, and they are proud people. The live off of the land and the sea and they help each other and trade literaly vegetables for fruit. They don't have much but because they are so isolated, they don't know what they are missing. They didn't know what bread was until about 15 years ago. Before that they boiled bananas and sliced them to put whatever between two pieces of banana. Most still do this because they can't afford bread. Education is very important to them. A big vacation for them is the few of them who manage to save money to go to Miami. They were very generous, very friendly, and their island is almost crime free.

Wow! Thanks for all the responses...its nice to hear what others think...some of you listed ports i had not of even thought of..

Sounds like St. Marteen gets it for the eastern side..and Cozumel for the western side...

My favorite is Roatan for its layed back untouch feel....

we loved virgin gorda and the national park

beautiful unique scenery due to volcanic erution millions of years ago

take ferry from tortola

snorkelling /caves and beaches fabulous

going back this xmas holidays

cannot wait!!!!!!!!

For me it's a toss up between St. Thomas and St.Maarten. I loved both of these ports. Looking down on St. Thomas from Paradise point is absolutely beautiful and I love Magens Bay and the infamous Bushwackers....nummy!! As for St. Maarten, I loved Orient Beach. We had front row lounge chairs and just relaxed and watched and listened to the beautiful ocean. It was wonderful!!:D:D

Archived