How much for bingo?

RNay

We are looking forward to our first cruise on RCI and I do LOVE to play bingo. I notice from studying some past Compasses that there are quite a few different bingo games - snowball, winner takes all, diamonds & cash, win a cruise. How much do these games cost?

And, what is a bingo dog? :confused:

oh boy, I wish I could remember exactly...

they usually sell "packages" which cover you for the whole session, usually about 6 games with the final game being the big prize, whatever that might be (win a cruise, win a suite, snowball jackpot at the end...).

Help me out here folks, I think they have a package of maybe 6 cards (for each game), in the $30 - $40 range? And a "family pack" which adds a couple extra cards for the kids to play, in the $60 range? I think you can play for as little as $10 but then you only have one lonely card :eek: and what fun is that :D .

Anyone else who can help with this question?

I played on the sovereign earlier this month. They sold a sheet of six cards for $20, for an extra $9.99 you could purchase an extra sheet of six cards and get the Bingo Dog, a small stuffed Jack Russell Terrier with a BINGO dogtag. Then the next time you play just show the dog and you got the second sheet free.

While I love to play bingo, I am not a fan of ship bingo because although you get 6 sheets with 3 game cards per sheet, you only play one game on the card - like 4 corners. I pay $30 at home and play 25-30 games instead of 6. Just my 2 cents.:o Of course if I had been lucky enough to win I might have a different attitude :p

On the Jewel the "small" package was $35 and the larger one was $50. The dog does help if you get one,

Thanks everybody! Sounds like the usual ship bingo then. I wasn't sure if the other games (win a cruise, diamonds & cash) were multiple games or just a single card. I never win :rolleyes: but it's usually entertaining. Always a chance, right?

I couldn't get the bingo dog to come up either, but I think I understand the concept. Is the dog good throughout the cruise?

Do they allow kids to play the regular games, besides family bingo? I have a hard time with that, but I'm sure that's the sore loser in me talking:p

The win a cruise bingo was $20 for one sheet with 6 games. One shot to win. I didn't win. :( It came down to two woman and whoever had the next number, won the cruise. The woman that won was so stunned. She said she never wins anything. What a good time to start! ;)

The prizes aren't that great considering the price they charge for the tickets.
Depends on the length of the cruise and the number of people that play throughout that cruise (feeding the final jackpot).

On our first cruise one of our tablemates had won a $10,000 jackpot on a previous cruise. On our latest cruise on Splendour one lady claimed to have won $14,000 on her honeymoon cruise. I've personally been on cruises where the final jackpot was approaching $8,000.

The final session is where the pay-off is usually big bucks. If you just play a couple of sessions early in the cruise then, no, the prizes aren't that big. I won over $300 on my first cruise (2 games and that was sharing each win).

My experience on four cruises is that the first session starts with prizes of around $75 to $100 and builds with each game from there.

We paid $35.00 for a booklet of six you get six chance per game and they play a total of 5 games each session.

You can buy a booklet that has 1 chance per game total of 5 games for $10.00 and you can also buy a booklet of three can't rember that price I think $20 or $25

Hope this help

Christine

While I love to play bingo, I am not a fan of ship bingo because although you get 6 sheets with 3 game cards per sheet, you only play one game on the card - like 4 corners. I pay $30 at home and play 25-30 games instead of 6. Just my 2 cents.:o Of course if I had been lucky enough to win I might have a different attitude :p

On the Jewel the "small" package was $35 and the larger one was $50. The dog does help if you get one,

I am not a bingo afficionado so I may not know what I am talking about (no correct that, I DO not know what I am talking about) but are you saying that you need to spend 20 to 35 dollars to play one game??? That would be a pretty fast way to lose your money wouldn't it?? How long would a game last.... 5 minutes? This doesn't make sense to a "lay person"!

I am not a bingo afficionado so I may not know what I am talking about (no correct that, I DO not know what I am talking about) but are you saying that you need to spend 20 to 35 dollars to play one game??? That would be a pretty fast way to lose your money wouldn't it?? How long would a game last.... 5 minutes? This doesn't make sense to a "lay person"!

It is $35 per session, and they play 5 or 6 different games per session.

###

Archived