What policy would you like RCCL to change?

What would you change?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change?

• Make smoking allowed on one side of open decks and one lounge ONLY
    • Allow passengers to bring non-alcoholic beverages aboard
    • Allow you to purchase alcohol in the gift shop and enjoy it in your room (for a fee)
    • Better C&A benefits
    • Better enforcement of existing rules (children in adult areas, chair hogs, etc.)
    • Other - (Please Post!)

The smoking thing will take care of itself in the coming months. RCI finished up their survey, there will probably be a policy change on the horizon....what will the indignant have to post about then?

Booze? heck, I want RCI to make money. Ban carry on booze. You are on vacation, save an extra week if necessary. If RCI makes money, then my rates do not go up.

I want RCI to enforce the rules....pool chairs, dress code on formal nights, curfews, kids in the hottubs. No need to be nasty, just say NO.

Get rid of towel policy. Some other lines dont have the $20 lose a towel policy and offer as many towels as you need for pool use or excursion use. I dont want to be in the pool and worry that someone stole or removed my pool towel off my chair so I then have to fight a $20 charge on my seapass. Also, on my last two cruises they did not have the clean towels in dividers by pool for free use like they did on Navigator, because everyone is now only allowed one towel at a time. So you switch them out with a pool towel guy which is lame. I like to lay a towel on lounge chair and also use a seperate towel to dry off when I get out of pool. So get rid of this policy, please.

Also, get rid of soda charge in dining room. I think it should be included for price one pays for a crusie. Set up a fountain stand outside by yogurt dispenser or something. I understand charging for speciality drinks, alchohol, and other hard to come by drinks, but soda? come on.

Been off of the boards for a while. Can someone tell me what the "new" smoking rules will be? How has RCCL taking care of this, as someone mentioned?

As far as I know, there aren't any new smoking rules. I think Sandytoes was referring to the hypothetical rule I put in this poll.

Booze? heck, I want RCI to make money. Ban carry on booze. You are on vacation, save an extra week if necessary. If RCI makes money, then my rates do not go up.

The question wasn't about carry on booze, it was about buying booze on the ship and carrying back to the room. So RCI would still make their money. I don't understand why they make it so difficult for me to have a drink in my cabin.

No charge for sodas would be nice.

I agree 100%! The only reason I didn't put that in the poll is because I figured that if there were to be any change in the soda policy, RCCL would be more likely to let people bring on some of their own (I know other mainstream lines allow this.) than to get rid of the charge for sodas onboard (I think only the more upscale lines do that.)

I would love to see changes in the smoking policy. I have allergies and asthma and would love to be able to enjoy myself without choking and wheezing...:D

Next vote would be pool chairs, dress code on formal nights, curfews, kids in the hottubs.

I voted for better enforcement of existing rules. I can't stand walking by looking at rows of towels just tanning away.

I know I personally couldn't just move someone's things... what if they were just in the pool or had gotten there 10 min ago?? That's what pool attendants are for.

My impression is that the marketing for RCI/RCCL is getting even more focused on families.... so think that staff should be increased and trained to do a better job of enforcing the existing rules... so that "everyone" can enjoy the ship and their vacation/cruise. This is already an issue during certain times of the year. Thanks for asking.

Very tough choice between corkage fee and enforcing the rules but corkage fee won out. I must be lucky because (knock on wood) I have yet to encounter what I would classify as out of control kids. Then again my tolerance level might be a bit higher than others.

Lose the Pool Towel policy. The towels suck to begin with and the process of just giving a deck person your stateroom number is lame. They don't check or verify the number given.

We waited until nightime when no one was around. They had to have the towels out since normally at least one pool is open and you might want a towel but no one is there to monitor them. We just traded them in as needed during the day and never had to leave any room number.

I always wondered, what prevents passengers from giving out the wrong room number on purpose. How could RCCL try to charge anyone a pool towel fee without putting in a solid process for tracking them? In truth, I think the $20 fee is just a threat. Has anyone ever been charged it?

Dolby1000

And now for something completely different::rolleyes:

The one thing I loved about the Grand Princess that RCi does NOT have, was the 24 hour "Windjammer" (can't remember what it was called on the G.P). You could go in there at 1:00 ir 2:00 in the morning and still get a snack or sandwich and self serve something cold to drink.

I would change the Windjammer to 24 hour service for that.

I would love to have wine in our stateroom, especially on your balcony. We use to bring our own shipper boxes of wine aboard for years. We truely miss that. We would settle for being able to buy your alcohol from the ship stores for a nominal price. Twenty-five years ago the price of a cruise was actually more than today. Now you have allot of discounters that give cruising a very economical way to travel. Kids don't seem to bother us. we rather enjoy the the youth around. The ships are so much larger than they use to be, so the more families are able to travel at a effordeble price. How could you not enjoy a cruise. We are spoiled. Just an opinion.

Archived