Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hubs & I are leaving from Tampa on Nov 13, 2011. We can't wait! Our first cruise & as the days get counted down, the more anxious we become. I can't believe this thread isn't more popular. I love reading about the Legend & am learning alot, from all the Critics. Thanks! Jettz

Just off the Legend. If I can help let me know.

Hey Tim I hope thats your name really enjoyed your video's of your cruises. Please tell me what kind of shape is ithe legend in being one one the older ships out there just a little conern about the wear it may have. I'm reall considering tthis ship there's alot of possitive feedback about it. We have a cruise set for 2013 on the Majic but the whole galeveston thing is a big turn off. Also my wife and I are in our 50's would there be many people our age on theis ship. I like Carnival been on just one and it was great.

thanks Jay

Hey Tim I hope thats your name really enjoyed your video's of your cruises. Please tell me what kind of shape is ithe legend in being one one the older ships out there just a little conern about the wear it may have. I'm reall considering tthis ship there's alot of possitive feedback about it. We have a cruise set for 2013 on the Majic but the whole galeveston thing is a big turn off. Also my wife and I are in our 50's would there be many people our age on theis ship. I like Carnival been on just one and it was great.

thanks Jay

Yep, it's Tim!

I thought the ship was in very good shape. It is nicely decorated in the urn motif. If you look at the blog post of our cruise you should have a good idea of what everything looks like. I think you'd love the ship. We sure did!

Just off the Legend. If I can help let me know.

Hey, CD! How did you like your day at Caye Caulker? (Yeah, I saw the posts on the Belize thread!) I'm doing the Legend next April, and was thinking of the same "CB" excursion you mentioned.

Hey, CD! How did you like your day at Caye Caulker? (Yeah, I saw the posts on the Belize thread!) I'm doing the Legend next April, and was thinking of the same "CB" excursion you mentioned.

Caye Caulker was very interesting. We just walked around the island and took in the local culture. The people were friendly but to be honest I put it in the "been there, done that" category. We're more of the beach people type and there aren't a lot of beaches in Belize. Grand Caymen had amazing water and the beach was beautiful. That's more our style. If you're into snorkling Belize is the place.

We will be going on the Legend in July and can't wait!! Any information you can give on the islands would be great. We are most concerned about Belize because of the tendering. We are thinking of taking an excurson straight from the ship.

Looking forward to hearing all about the Legend! Have a great time!

I did the Carnival Land Rover/cave expedition and they picked us up from the ship. It was a lot of fun!

I would like to know, how if there is a problem with noise in cabins below Lido (scrapping of chairs while crew is cleaning). I did read it is a problem on the Conquest class ships, but found nothing about the Spirit class. Just curious, if I need to pack ear plugs. Looking forward to your reviews,Thanks !!

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

I was on deck 5 and heard lots of scraping. The chairs have a little plastic on the feet but you have to pick them up or there is noise.

thanks Jay

The ship is in very good shape! And you should find a good number of people in that age group...we're in our 50's and the general age range seems to be 40-60 for the majority. Of course it depends when you go...we always go when schools are in session;)

Can anyone tell me if we have 2 balcony cabins on the 7th deck of Legend, will it be possible to open the wall between the balconies?

And to add to Tim's answer, you will want to go to guest services as soon as you board if you want to do this, as they will only open a certain number of partitions per sailing. You will need one person from each cabin to be present when making the request as well:)

Someone asked about noises from the lido deck getting to the lower levels.

Our room number was 8187 which is on the Panarama Deck. It is very convenient to the Lido Deck as our room is only one deck below it. But, I noticed that you can hear the workers as they roll various carts over the pool area and food areas. When they roll across the tile floors it sounds like a train rolling down the tracks! Now, it's not horrible but it's worth pointing out. I looked at it as white noise. When you're laying in bed at night you notice it the most. The noises are not constant but when they roll over the floor you know it. The fact that we were so close to the lido deck made the minor noise problem less important. If you stay in 8187 or any nearby room you will hear this noise, just be aware of it.

Can anyone tell me if we have 2 balcony cabins on the 7th deck of Legend, will it be possible to open the wall between the balconies?

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Use this site to find out if your door will open. Go to Carnival, then Legend then use "other" to pick your deck and a list of room will show up. I think at the top of the page the rooms dividers won't open is listed.

I have read that the parking at the Tampa port is very confusing and that the parking garages are not properly marked. Can someone help with this so we won't be riding around in a circle or parking in the wrong lot?

Thanks.

I have read that the parking at the Tampa port is very confusing and that the parking garages are not properly marked. Can someone help with this so we won't be riding around in a circle or parking in the wrong lot?

Thanks.

After dropping luggage head north and go around circle. The most northern garage is where you drive in, get a token, pay $98 and they activate your token which you leave in the car and use to get out.

Signage is terrible.

posted: ...Some cruises stay in Bermuda for 5 days...

This must have been before 2011. Currently, the cruise ship that has the longest stay in Bermuda is HAL's Veendam which is there for 78 hours (or 3.25 days). All other cruise ships stay for less.

Source: Bermuda 2011 Cruise Ship Schedule

SBtS

What is the best port on the Legend itinerary to buy alcohol in? I know this is silly but I love Grey Goose and Cointreau and usually Cointreau is almost half the price of the cheapest liquor stores in the states. I'm used to St Thomas where 2 1 liter bottles of Cointreau were $10 less than my local liquor provider.

Edited by debee1015

What is the best port on the Legend itinerary to buy alcohol in? I know this is silly but I love Grey Goose and Cointreau and usually Cointreau is almost half the price of the cheapest liquor stores in the states. I'm used to St Thomas where 2 1 liter bottles of Cointreau were $10 less than my local liquor provider.

I love Grey Goose.