GTD Balcony...did we do good?

hospsafe

Our first cruise on Princess is July 1st and we decided to do a "gtd balcony". This morning they assigned us to L202. Should we be drinking champagne or Mad Dog 20/20 tonight?

Our first cruise on Princess is July 1st and we decided to do a "gtd balcony". This morning they assigned us to L202. Should we be drinking champagne or Mad Dog 20/20 tonight?

Since you didn't say which ship, I'm going to assume it's Caribbean Princess. L202 is the highest catagory balcony cabin (BA) and your location is front of ship next to PS Suites. I am partial to forward cabins so this would be ideal for me. Others will disagree. Drink champagne and enjoy your cruise.

Pia

you did fine,this room is close to everything and that makes it so nice to go grab a quick bite or a swim,close to horizon court,pool bar,gym,cafe caribe,we liked our lido balcony room because it was so close to everything which made it very convenient,so relax and enjoy your cruise:)));) :p

I would definately think this was a good deal. The LIDO deck is ideal for quick access to the pools, MUTS, the buffett and the grill will be right outside your door. We were in room L104 last Dec and loved the front of the ship. We had some rough seas up there but if that isn't a bother to you, the view will be wonderful. There is access out to the front of the ship, over the bridge that few people know about. It is a great place to enjoy sail away since you are at the very front, of the ship. Enjoy!

That is a VERY forward cabin. I wouldn't pick it myself because of the movement when you're that high up & that far forward.

On the positive side, it's a big upgrade and it's one of the most convenient locations to the pizza, burgers & pools! :D Enjoy it!

Jana,

We too were a BG gtd. Thats why I questioned the room selection, especially with 54 days left before we sail.

Lady Jag, we aren't concern about the height. On our past cruises with have been within one or two floors of the pools and loved the locations. We are more concerned about the possible noise problems if there are any.

Cruzzers, thanks for the tip for the sail away. We will definitely have to remember that spot.

We were L239 last year on the CB - we were a little apprehensive about the location - turned out to be one of the best cabins we ever stayed in. As a matter of fact, if we weren't booked on Caribe deck (a little bigger balcony), we would have stayed in that cabin again. You are going to love it. We didn't feel anymore motion there than we did anywhere else on the ship.

• 1 year later...

I would like to hear about your experience. We were assigned L202 for a cruise in Nov. I'm a bit concerned about not having glass paneling on the balcony.

I guess user Kelperd also was in this room.. Any feedback from him would be great.

Archived