I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

Wow - you have really got to go for the subpoena. Please find out and let us know what they think they have on you. Please come back to the thread and let us know when you find out. I have never heard of anything so bizarre. Do you think the "awful" cabin steward said you had drugs or something? I hate to ask, but did you tip him? This is just so weird. I will keep up with this thread to see what happens. You definetely have us on the boards intrigued. Best of Luck!~ E-Beth

I am thinking it's along that line. Either he made something up because I kept talking to his supervisor, or it was the chief purser who didn't seem to like me much. I was never told to lower my voice or to "go away", and never swore at the guy so the abusive language part is not there - but if I was annoying him I am sure he decided to do some creative writing in the computer system or somthing.

Wow - you have really got to go for the subpoena. Please find out and let us know what they think they have on you. Please come back to the thread and let us know when you find out. I have never heard of anything so bizarre. Do you think the "awful" cabin steward said you had drugs or something? I hate to ask, but did you tip him? This is just so weird. I will keep up with this thread to see what happens. You definetely have us on the boards intrigued. Best of Luck!~ E-Beth

I am thinking it's along that line. Either he made something up because I kept talking to his supervisor, or it was the chief purser who didn't seem to like me much. I was never told to lower my voice or to "go away", and never swore at the guy so the abusive language part is not there - but if I was annoying him I am sure he decided to do some creative writing in the computer system or somthing.

Yes, I did tip the attendant. The exact amount and nothing more though!

If you're not joking, I've got to believe there is a lot more to this story than what has been disclosed here.

Just my opinion.

Seriously, There's not. Thats the reason why I am so confused!!! IF I had done something stupid, I would definately not be on here like this.

Well, lucky for you there are a lot of cruiselines out there. I have always been fond of Princess. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, I would have a hard time going back to the line that booted me.

I totally agree with you!

I had to choose carnival for the May one because it fit into the airfare schedule, and I have to be at work at 6am on Sunday (the 27th)

But in the future I will most likely do Princess or NCL.

I honestly think that if when I figure things out with RCCL and they discover it's a mistake (Which it is), I would have a hard time going back anytime soon because of how RUDE they handeled the whole situation today!

I totally agree with you!

I had to choose carnival for the May one because it fit into the airfare schedule, and I have to be at work at 6am on Sunday (the 27th)

But in the future I will most likely do Princess or NCL.

I honestly think that if when I figure things out with RCCL and they discover it's a mistake (Which it is), I would have a hard time going back anytime soon because of how RUDE they handeled the whole situation today!

This is why you may want to consider hiring an attorney. I am not sure if this falls under defamation of character, but to me it sure would. If you truly did nothing wrong, I would go all out.

I assume that they are giving you your money back for this cruise & the deposit for the next one?????

This is bizarre.......Good Luck....

Yes, they gave us our money for BOTH rooms back!

Also they offered to pay the air change fee for both this and the next one if there is a change fee if I submit within 30 days. - At least they did that.

I am just confused and dissapointed right now I guess.....:confused:

I assume that they are giving you your money back for this cruise & the deposit for the next one?????

This is bizarre.......Good Luck....

Yeah... but I don't think there's going to be a next one... he got banned from RCCL.

That's just horrible... hope you get the bottom of this. Good luck!

Wow, this is so strange, especially after you have been such a loyal customer and were planning future cruises. Obviously either someone was very upset and lied about you doing something wrong, or you were confused with another cruiser who actually did something wrong. I would be so upset! I am sure this has been very distressing to you. Please let us know the outcome. Good luck!

'Hoop, quite frankly I am stunned. Given your cruise history and the fact that you seem to be a nice young guy I simply can't imagine what you have "supposedly" done. I agree with others in that it's not right for RCI to leave such a good customer hanging like this. It's ridiculous. They should at least have the balls to discuss your "infraction" with you. Does not surprise me though (except you being the victim), RCI is just going nuts these days.

If you can find a reasonably priced lawyer, I would definitely have him or her look into this for you...it's just not right! Good luck to you and I hope you get this straightened out. :)

couple of things. I am sure its more than complaining about towels. No one would be banned for that. You may want to contact the ombudsman at Conde Nast travel and see if they can help you. Just writing out a subpoena won't get you anything. They will move to quash it and in most states such a subpoena by itself is meaningless. Also remember the cruise contract says you have to sue in Florida I think but some courts would find a ban outside the contract and allow you to sue anywhere you can get jurisdiction over RC. The company is afraid of a liable suit and merely telling you you are banned is not liable per se but saying you are accused of x might be. If you get it as a result of a lawsuit/subpoena its not considered a publication for liable purposes. Some states do have pre suit discovery to get the same info but you will need to talk with a lawyer doing this on your own is like self treatment by a doctor....given that it must be something serious and it takes time to make a decision, I am not surprised at the amount of time.

Do you think the "awful" cabin steward said you had drugs or something? I hate to ask, but did you tip him? !~ E-Beth

Note to self, make sure the steward gets tipped (just kidding of course I tipped).

This sounds so bizarre.

Sounds like it could be a case of mistaken identity. Is there a possibility that someone else in your group could have done something wrong and you're being pegged for it? I would do everything in my power to get to the bottom of this and find out why they are banning you. Good luck. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you.

better read your cruise contract-if it hasn't changed in the last 5-7 years you consented to mandatory jurisdiction and venue in Miami, Florida. There is only a small loophole to get around that mandatory provision which as of about 5 years ago has only been accomplished in one reported decision that I know of-after searching a database all federal and state reported cases for Royal Caribbean, Carnival Celebrity and others. I'm also a lawyer in Texas and was lucky to have unique facts that allowed us to successfully manuever around the provision for a client I had in a preliminary matter which subsequrntly resulted in a settlement. Again it requires unique facts to get around that provision.

Well Hoop... I am just speechless.I have seen you around the boards for a long time...Obviously just a blank internet face...But can't remember any outrageous comments from you...This is more than bizarre..

Do I understand that you were to be sailing in 10 days???

Please try to keep in contact...I have a very strange feeling that this thread will be short lived...And possibly even your ability to post here..

If thats the case you may want to exchange e-mail with some you "know" pretty well on here,that might be able to help keep your story in the loop.

Again,this is disturbing and would hope its just an honest mix up on their part...

WOW! I can't beleive this. Either the steward or purser did this or you have been mistaken with someone else. Do you smoke? Did you throw cigarettes overboard? I know RCI is big on littering - did you litter? I feel bad for you! My suggestion is to right some letters also if you book your cruises with a travel agent the agent (if they are good) can contact their district sales manager. Each area of the country has a local rep assigned to the region and if they are good your agent can have them investigate. Also you can threaten RCI if they wont give you info and say that you will have this written up in travel agent trade papers (they tend to dislike that). If you dont have an agent I can do it for you! I am one and I would do that. I have done it before in unfair situations with other cruise lines and tour companies and in one case I had the CEO of Globus tours call me to recitify a situation because they did not want bad press among travel agents. As long as you sware to me you were a good boy i will write something for you. these stories get published in a trade paper called Travel Weekly or you can send something to Conde Nast as one poster said. Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Thanks for your support everyone!

Yes, I was to leave on 5/19 for the Liberty's maiden voyage, which I booked the 1st day it was open for booking.

The Cruise Mysterious "incident" happened in Early January, and nothing was said about it until this morning when I got a phone call. All she kept telling me was that without a court issued subpeona I could not get any information, and their decision was final, and any attempts to get to a higher up in the company would end up with her again.

I really don't know what to feel right now, frustruated, confused, let down.... Its just wierd - no explination!!!! I mean if I screwed up somehow, LET ME KNOW!

Nope, don't smoke, don't drink that much(Didn't smuggle alcohol), pretty much kept to ourselves! The only thing I can think of is that it was the purser or the room steward that wrote something that wasn't true. - or that the Purser knew the Steward and was trying to "protect" him.

Just a thought - Maybe it is not a Cruise Line thing; but a Homeland Security thing. They get names mixed up or duplicate names on their "No Fly" lists all the time. They might have similar lists for cruise lines also. This is why they have to submit their lists 30 days in advance and don't allow bookings at the peir (or like 72 hours before). Maybe some of your booking habits set off some type of 'trigger' on a computer system somewhere. You could actually be banned from other cruise lines at this moment and not even know it.

Jest a thought.....

Archived