Victory Seahorses - Do they still ATTACK??

MrPete

It's been 7 years since my last Victory voyage, but the leg scars remain. Have they calmed down? Will I still need protection?

One time, I actually got clipped twice on one staircase. That's what I get by getting distracted by the green UP, and not paying attention to what was DOWN.

I found them to be the worst in the atrium.

Please calm our fears.

Hi Pete, and welcome back to Victory! (Wish you were with us on 8/11, but your signature indicates you're going in the oposite direction that week.:cool: ) Yes, the sea horses are still vicious, but we've just learned to keep our distance. I think the worst time for an attack is when the stairs are crowded - that's when you're off guard. Last year we came away unscathed.:D However, I love Victory, seahorses and all.

Any plans to visit my neck of the woods this summer?

Any plans to visit my neck of the woods this summer?

YUP!

We will be up there for an entire week into Labor Day weekend. Let's plan to meet up for a Root Beer!

Sandi - The posts on the stairways are seahorse figures. They're notorious for clipping your knees and legs.

Ahhh ok....just looked at some pictures and I see what you mean. Could be quite dangerous. :eek:

Sandi - The posts on the stairways are seahorse figures. They're notorious for clipping your knees and legs.

Hummm, I guess I ought to start using the stairs on a cruise! I've been on Victory and had no clue what MP was talking about!! ;) :eek:

I do however remember Victory equals Green :D

Enjoy your journey, MrPete.

Oddly enough (because I am very clumsy), I didn't have any problem with the seahorses. Never even thought about them! I did use the stairs quite a bit, but usually at times when they were not crowded.

Our first time on Victory, one seahorse put a dent in DH's leg and another clipped my ankle. The other ships we've been on don't have stairs that attack:D :

2326602920094346881KUKkRA_th.jpg

Carnival Legend 2006

2327264130094346881RStnvZ_th.jpg

Carnival Liberty 2007

Oh my gosh. I'm going to have nightmares tonight. I'd long forgotten about those seahorses until I opened this thread. *shudders* I'm surprised I was still standing at the end of my Victory cruise....I was attacked THREE times! :eek:

Of course, it's the equivalent of a Legend Urn. Now those were smooth on the shins.

Easier on the shins, but a bit overpowering visually. My younger sons were dwarfed by the urns: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2729169210094346881DEgYBZ

i have seen so many threads on this, yet i don't remember the dang things at all. was on her in 2005. is she the only ship w/ them?

I wish I had a picture - I'll have to take one in August. They're not only on the stairs, but they hold up the bar tables and stools on the Promenade deck and in the lobby. It all goes with the "Seven Seas" theme - which I really like a lot, shins notwithstanding.:) The Coral Seas Cafe (specialty coffee bar) area is really nice - DH and I like to hang out there in the morning to have a coffee and play cards.

Here's one:

453739073dBdYdB_th.jpg

Click to make larger.

He seems to be at rest here.

And yes, they are only on the Victory.

MUHAHAHHAHA. He seems to be at rest here!

When I 1st saw this, I am so dingy, I thought you meant somewhere where the victory went, there were dangerous sea horses.:p

Archived