Victory Seahorses - Do they still ATTACK??

MrPete

Oh my, I remember those nasty seahorses. My wife and I first met them on the lifeboat drill and just about every time that we used the stairs.

If you noticed the picture of them, the noses are quite worn on each one of them. I did my share of wearing them down with my legs!

The best advise that I could give anyone setting sail on the this ship is to avoid the stairs at all cost. Be at your lifeboat station when the drill is called. WAIT until the elevators are functional again to return to your cabin afterward. Use the elevators at all times even if you have to wait for hours.

These vicious little fish are nasty and mean. I swear that they actually smile everytime that they GIT someone.

• 1 month later...

I've packed LOTS of sandpaper (although, perhaps I can keep that home and just use the ships TP :eek: ).

I'm ready to whip it out if they get feisty. Perhaps just the sight of it will keep them in line.

That'll teach'em. :p

Here's one:

453739073dBdYdB_th.jpg

Click to make larger.

He seems to be at rest here.

And yes, they are only on the Victory.

Oh my :eek: - no wonder you are concerned! I can see that they could potentially be vicious - especially if the band together. Watch out...take care and report back ;) !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow, seem pretty big and in plain site. Were most of you distracted or inebriated? Or they just attack and I should beware? Thanks for the heads up. And I will definitely report back. Love this site and all the tips. :)

Wow, seem pretty big and in plain site. Were most of you distracted or inebriated? Or they just attack and I should beware? Thanks for the heads up. And I will definitely report back. Love this site and all the tips. :)

They are in plain sight, but they stick out a bit more than you'd expect a railing support to do. It's just much easier to bang your leg on them.

My daughter and her girlfriend are still talking about the nicks in their legs. We are going on the Triumph in March, which is a sister ship to the Victory, and they both asked if the sea horses are on this ship too!!!

Dang it, Mr Pete, why did you have to resurrect this horrible memory for me? :mad: I'd finally supressed the memories of those vicious wee beasties from years ago, and now I'll probably have nightmares. ;) Bloodthirsty little suckers took quite a few chomps at my legs...

Dang it, Mr Pete, why did you have to resurrect this horrible memory for me? :mad: I'd finally supressed the memories of those vicious wee beasties from years ago, and now I'll probably have nightmares. ;) Bloodthirsty little suckers took quite a few chomps at my legs...

Not Pete's fault - he last posted in August. Others of us have kept the nightmare alive!:D

• 2 years later...

Well, since I have learned how to put photos in posts since I last posted in this thread, here's a larger picture of the culprit:

2928170010094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

And I even had the boys pose with him:

2076856330094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

I noticed on our Conquest cruise in February that the stairs on that ship have ballet dancers who can be kinda nasty on occasion, although they're not nearly as dangerous as the sea horses.;)

Fortunately (or unfortunately) it has been a few years since we have been on the Victory....and since we have already sailed out of San Juan...I don't see sailing her in the future.

I did get one "nip" when we sailed her....but I guess I am safe as long as she is in Puerto Rico....

Archived