Glory Cancelled?

hutt1

We were going to go on the Glory March 1, 2008 but my mother got a call from her TA saying that the cruise had been cancelled. It still shows up on Carnival's web site . Does anyone have any info?

Wow I would be going crazy right now. We have a big group of over 40 cabins booked for April 5 of 2008...Sure hope we don't get that kind of news..I can't wait to hear more about this..

Carla

We were going to go on the Glory March 1, 2008 but my mother got a call from her TA saying that the cruise had been cancelled. It still shows up on Carnival's web site . Does anyone have any info?

Called Carnival and they say it doesn't show up as cancelled from what they can see. I told them that this board is not often wrong..She laughed and said well we will see.

I'm sure it won't affect me but I sure would feel bad for anyone booked at that time.

I guess we will wait and see what happens,

Carla

I really question that validity of this. It seems a stretch to me that CCL would either...

1) Charter the whole ship, or..

2) Put it in drydock...

...right during the waning weeks of Spring Break.

We'll see what happens...

Joe

I really question that validity of this. It seems a stretch to me that CCL would either...

1) Charter the whole ship, or..

2) Put it in drydock...

...right during the waning weeks of Spring Break.

We'll see what happens...

Joe

But if I was a big company and I had lots of families working for me what better time then spring break?

I guess your right we will have to wait and see,

Carla

I was scheduled on the Miracle for Easter week this year and they cancelled us to put her in drydock. I ended up on the Glory instead and got to take pictures of the Miracle in Freeport in drydock instead! They do put them in drydock at odd times; Easter week! My TA got the call from Carnival and informed me; then I shared with those on my roll call.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to call Carnival today and see what I can find out. It was going to be the perfect cruise for us. We need something that departs March 1 and we have flights booked into Orlando, because you have to book early to get those 4 seats that leave Saint John. I really don't want to drive 200 miles to Miami.

Check the Legend going out of Tampa .... it has almost the same itinerary except for one stop...... Instead of Nassau I think it goes to Costa Maya.... Legend does Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya..... driving time from Orlando is almost the same as Port Canaveral..... might be a better option than Miami....

I see you said Saint John, is that New Brunswick? If it is I know what you mean about flights out of here. We did the Glory March break last year. We were the last plane out of the airport before the storm. I hope you make this boat it was great.

I just got off the line with Carnival. The PVP told me that the Glorty was still a go for that date. I hope this isn't a repeat of the Norwegian Dawn. We had booked and the Dawn went into drydock. I found out about it on this site. It took three calls to NCL before thay called to say the cruise had been cancelled.

I hope that Carnival has more on the ball as far as communication. I am thinking that no one should try to book the same cruise as we do! It doesn't move and there are only sandwiches for lunch.:)

Peanutgirl

Yes, It is in New Brunswick and we were on the cruise the week before you and spent the break week in Orlando. We loved the Glory so much we thought we would sail Eastern this year.

My daughters missed their flight because of the storm and drove to Manchester NH to catch a flight. This year we are leaving Thursday night. Am I paranoid or what!

I don't have any info on cancelled cruises but I do know that the Glory was in Drydock in Jan 06.

That would make her up for a two year check in '08, but spring break.:confused:

Hope it is a mix up and your cruise is a go:D

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to call Carnival today and see what I can find out. It was going to be the perfect cruise for us. We need something that departs March 1 and we have flights booked into Orlando, because you have to book early to get those 4 seats that leave Saint John. I really don't want to drive 200 miles to Miami.

Did you buy travel insurance? Wouldn't that be one of the costs covered?

Does anyone know exactly when the Liberty goes into drydock? We just booked her for March 15 western! Thanks!

Our Liberty cruise (eastern) departing March 1 was cancelled due to the dry dock. If I remember correctly it was our week and the week before ours that were effected.

If they are taking bookings for March 15 - it must be ok. Our cruise "disappeared" from the website the day we got the email notifying us that it was cancelled. I think you should be fine.

Wow I would be going crazy right now. We have a big group of over 40 cabins booked for April 5 of 2008...Sure hope we don't get that kind of news..I can't wait to hear more about this..

Carla

WOW... 40 cabins!!! What type of group are you guys? (family... business ??)

We are booked on that sailing too!

See you guys there...:D

Tom

WOW... 40 cabins!!! What type of group are you guys? (family... business ??)

We are booked on that sailing too!

See you guys there...:D

Tom

Don't panic.....

We are all family and friends. Our ages range from13 months to 75 years young.

I had asked my family if before I turn 60 could we do one big family cruise . all the kids and grandkids and aunts and uncles. Well everyone in my family and there spouses families and there spouses families and so on and so on..

We are not a real loud group and we won't scare you or take over anything to much. Well maybe some of the thirty to forty year olds might party a little(lol).

I have to admit I didn't expect it to get this big. I really only know half the people who are signed up. I have done other groups with some family and friends but never this big...

And just think I still have almost a year to go before we go on this one..Who knows how big it could get!! I'm thinking it's about done though..Really how many more times can I get a call saying I have my brothers wife's uncle's cousin and there family of ten want to go??

This is why I say I really don't know some of them.

Well I hope I didn't scare you about our group but I'm sure you'll never even know were there..Well except for the two hundred shirts there having made!!

See you there,

Carla

Archived