Past Guest Party

captpeachy

yes, they have them...no, nothing special

Yes, they are special... to us, anyway. We've attended on Carnival and Princess. Both are well done and I like the way the Captain honors the most frequent cruisers. Its interesting to hear how many cruise days some people have accumulated. Its interesting to see how fortunate some people are to have been able to spend so much time cruising the world.

Is it a big huge special ordeal? No, but its a nice touch to be invited to something in appreciation for our loyalty. And although it may not be a big, huge and over-the-top event, I suspect there would be screams if the parties were eliminated.

You can not transfer your "Past Guest" from Carnival to Princess or vice versa.

They serve free drinks as they honor the longest sailing passengers. Lasting about 30-45 minutes.

In addition, it counts if you have sailed with P&O or some other defunct cruise line (I believe it is Sitmar) count toward the Captain's Circle and number of cruises or cruised days.

Your Carnival cruises unfortunately do count as past cruises with Princess. We've sailed five times with Carnival and five times with Princess, I wisht they would combine them then we would be closer to Platinum.

Captain Circle Party is nice, but often very crowded. Drinks are o.k, and appetizers are o.k. We usually go and meet up with CC friends and have a good laugh.

Just because you have a past guest number, it doesn't mean that you will be invited to the party. The party is by invitation only, and if you are invited, you will receive the invitation in your stateroom mailbox.

I skipped the past guest party on CB, not interested enough to get dressed up to get some free drinks. Others go for the drinks though imo.

I was in the hot tub at the spa and lazy when I was supposed to be at the past guest party. Just couldnt get interested.

Archived