Guide To Florida Car Rental (Transfer To Port)

Acrossenger

I decided to stay in Florida a few extra days after my cruise in August. I changed my flights to an earlier flight on departure and changed it from Sturday to Monday without any penalties. I have a credit with SW now. I'm keeping my rental from Dollar from PC on Saturday to MCO on Monday for $99.00 total, using my Express Number and BJ's code.

Sorry if I missed any info about this...

We are cruising out of Port Everglades, we live in Tampa...I want to rent a car to drive down (dont want to put the miles on my car). It seems the best deal would be to rent one day for each way. Does anyone know what the best & most affordable way to get from the airport rental location to the port is?

My questions:

• Which car rental agency has an airport location in the Orlando airport?
  • Which agency is open for late pickup?
  • Which agency has a drop off location near Port Canaveral?
  • Which agency has a shuttle to the dock?
  • Do you have any other suggestions for travel from agency location to dock?
  • Do you have any other suggestions for travel from Orlando to dock?

More info to help you answer my questions:

• We do not want to take a shuttle to pick up a vehicle; we would just like to walk to the desk, walk to the car, and drive away.
  • We are flying into Orlando at approximately 6:30pm
  • We will stay at a Universal resort for a few days
  • We will drive to Port Canaveral on morning of cruise (we do know the drive is approximately 45 minutes, barring any traffic issues).
  • We would like to return rental in Port Canaveral.
  • We would like to take shuttle to port

Any help would be appreciated. Because of the info on these boards we decided to add several pre-cruise days to our trip. Now I need help on putting it all together.

Thank you in advance for your great suggestions.

We are doing the same thing, picking up the car at Orlando airport, staying overnight in Kissimmee, and then driving to PC in the morning. We chose budget. They are located about 1/2 mile from the port, and have a shuttle to drop you off. I used a Walmart customer code which I found at rentalcodes.com, and got 25% off.

I need some help please. Planning on renting from AVIS at FLL and dropping off at Miami Downtown. Does Avis provide a shuttle, I am wondering whether we drop off Saturday evening or Sunday morning. In which case a shuttle back to the Hotel would be great. I don't believe they drop off at the port of Miami.. Does anyone know how far the AVIS office is from the Hilton Downtown Bicayne Blvd? Thanks for your help.

Hi! We will need 2 one-way rentals for pre & post cruise to/from FLL to MIA. Since I get nervous about using codes I might not be able to back-up with proof, I've been researching the net. I came across this web-site:

www.reanlcarmomma.com that seems to incorporate available rental codes right into the reservation process on their website. They also seem to have their own special codes.

I was able to get a mini-van on-way x2 for July/August for $47 base rate (taxes, fees, etc will be extra) with unlimited miles to/from FLL & MIA. Rates were similar for both Dollar & Thrifty on this site. The FLL to MIA rate is almost 1/2 what I could get through travel site booking engines (Expedia, Kayak, etc.).

Has anyone had bad experiences with this site?

Hi! We will need 2 one-way rentals for pre & post cruise to/from FLL to MIA. Since I get nervous about using codes I might not be able to back-up with proof, I've been researching the net. I came across this web-site:

www.reanlcarmomma.com that seems to incorporate available rental codes right into the reservation process on their website. They also seem to have their own special codes.

I was able to get a mini-van on-way x2 for July/August for $47 base rate (taxes, fees, etc will be extra) with unlimited miles to/from FLL & MIA. Rates were similar for both Dollar & Thrifty on this site. The FLL to MIA rate is almost 1/2 what I could get through travel site booking engines (Expedia, Kayak, etc.).

Has anyone had bad experiences with this site?

I tried the website rentalcar momma and thrifty adds a $50 drop off charge. Dollar doesnt have a shuttle from the car rental to the port. I am looking at MCO to TPA and the rentalcar momma has the best rates but I was wondering what type of rate code they use and is their any ID that will be needed to use that rate

Just looked a car rental for one day post-cruise in Miami.

Avis wanted $74.99 for intermediate...then I punched in the above code C031529 and guess what ? Poof made the reservation for $36 - wow - thanks for the info.

Ted

where did you put the code, i was trying last night and it said the code was invalid?? help:confused:

i figured it oit, it was C then zero then the numbers.... price dropped 30.00

I need some help please. Planning on renting from AVIS at FLL and dropping off at Miami Downtown. Does Avis provide a shuttle, I am wondering whether we drop off Saturday evening or Sunday morning. In which case a shuttle back to the Hotel would be great. I don't believe they drop off at the port of Miami.. Does anyone know how far the AVIS office is from the Hilton Downtown Bicayne Blvd? Thanks for your help.

On the first page of this thread thaey say that its a 7.00 cab ride to the port, 5 min drive

Just as an update, enterprise does have a shuttle to the port of miami, you can pick up from from fort lauderdale, or west palm beach,and drop it off at MIA with no additional charge and they have a shuttle that will take you to the seaport. When I was getting off the ship to 2 shuttles I saw picking up people were dollar/thrifty and alamo/national I guess they also have no additional charges for dropping off at MIA. Both of these shuttles were running like every 1/2 hours it seemed. Enterprise doesn't do port of miami pick ups.

Hope it helps

Ok, I'm so not getting this concept, and I'm trying to understand! One rents a car at the airport (is this right?), goes to the port and drops off the car (??) and then there's a benefit of "shuttle to the ports"???? I am so so confused.

Can anyone auto-focus this for me? What am I missing?!

TIA,

Has anyone mentioned Alamo or National?

I rent with National nearly every week. The thing that is nice about both of the above is you get to pick your car instead of someone telling you which one is yours.

We love that because my husband is exceptionally tall (6'10") and has 40" legs, so not all cars fit us. As long as we're in our "class" of car, we can pick whichever one works for us.

Just a thought on these...

I was wondering if anybody had this experience out of FLL? We dropped are car off to Avis last Thursday, and asked if they had a shuttle to Port Everglades. Well instead of pointing us in that direction, they had a worker take us there after they checked the car in and gave us the paper. He got in our car and drove us to the pier, he was very nice, so was the whole Avis experience. I definetly recommend them, but I wonder if anybody else has had this done?

I am so dog on glad I ran across this thread. I am on information overload and I'm having constant brain fog now or something. I think I'm just really overdoing it to make sure I'm so careful. The darn cruise isn't till December but it's my first one, not to mention this will be my first time EVER flying. I'm nervous and excited at the same time and now I'm just exhausted. I have decided to just go ahead and rent a car from FLL and drive to Miami. I'm going to finish reading up on the posts here because you all have some great info.

I called Avis to book a rental and for a full size he told me it would be $71.76. Are you nuts! Not even for a full 24 hours. Thanks for that code. I'm going to try it too! Anybody got a Code or something for Budget?

I am so dog on glad I ran across this thread. I am on information overload and I'm having constant brain fog now or something. I think I'm just really overdoing it to make sure I'm so careful. The darn cruise isn't till December but it's my first one, not to mention this will be my first time EVER flying. I'm nervous and excited at the same time and now I'm just exhausted. I have decided to just go ahead and rent a car from FLL and drive to Miami. I'm going to finish reading up on the posts here because you all have some great info.

I called Avis to book a rental and for a full size he told me it would be $71.76. Are you nuts! Not even for a full 24 hours. Thanks for that code. I'm going to try it too! Anybody got a Code or something for Budget?

We booked through hotwire for 6 days, and the rate was $129, which was great, and then when we paid, we saw it was AVIS, so we got a great deal through hotwire.com, try them.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! I have been calling around all morning getting quotes from Avis, Enterprise, Hertz, Budget. But the one that I love and booked right on call was Dollar. She first quoted me a price of $37.15 for a midsize car. But then started telling me about other rates, got to the Luxury rate and it....with tax is $48.13. AND THAT'S WITHOUT ANY DISCOUNTS!!!!!!!!Can you believe that??!? I am so happy I don't know what to do with myself. She told me to keep checking rates as they may go down. She was so friendly too. Did not experience that with the others at all.

Erica - "sweating from excitement"

We booked through hotwire for 6 days, and the rate was $129, which was great, and then when we paid, we saw it was AVIS, so we got a great deal through hotwire.com, try them.

The only reason why I didn't go through Hotwire or Priceline is because I wanted to find someone who would get us to the port for free. Dollar is so reasonable AND shuttle service is free to the port.

The only reason why I didn't go through Hotwire or Priceline is because I wanted to find someone who would get us to the port for free. Dollar is so reasonable AND shuttle service is free to the port.

did you call dollar or book onlin? we are sailing out of miami

in Jan and want to book a car too

Penny

Hello,

Has anybody had any luck with Avis discount code# A328738. I'm looking for one-way mini-van rentals between MCO and Port Canaveral in November. Using this code online I found the total price with taxes and fees came to $71 (versus ~$90 base rate) - seem okay? Upon further debunking this code seems to be an American Airlines employee discount, so I'm worried about using this code and what ID I will need at the airport

I found some other codes that brought the price down to ~$39, but those were AVIS employee codes and folks online warned about having ID. I don't want to be caught in that situation.

Anyways, if someone could pass along other current valid discount to any of the other car rentals I would be grateful. The base rates for one-day travel seem a little steep to me.

Thanks,

Joe

Last fall we cruised our of Port Canaveral and rented a vehicle from AVIS at MCO, I used a code found here on CC and had no problems. Just sign and go. I am now a wizard member with credit card and driver's license info all given up front so it only takes a minute or two at the counter and off we go. Have done the same for a upcoming cruise in October, renting in FLL and returning in Miami Downtown location.

Last fall we cruised our of Port Canaveral and rented a vehicle from AVIS at MCO, I used a code found here on CC and had no problems. Just sign and go. I am now a wizard member with credit card and driver's license info all given up front so it only takes a minute or two at the counter and off we go. Have done the same for a upcoming cruise in October, renting in FLL and returning in Miami Downtown location.

Thanks for the info. In your experience, does that seem like a good rate? I tried several of the codes in this thread and many of them expired, but I thought I would get opinions on this new code I discovered while browsing online :)

Just reserved a full size at Thrifty. Even with the $15.00 drop off fee, it was $5.00 cheaper that any other rental company. They are having some sort of sale on certain cars.

Reserved a Dodge Charger for $44.91.

Archived