Guide To Florida Car Rental (Transfer To Port)

Acrossenger

Thanks for the info. In your experience, does that seem like a good rate? I tried several of the codes in this thread and many of them expired, but I thought I would get opinions on this new code I discovered while browsing online :)

We need a mini van, 6 of us traveling with luggage so I used a code you spoke of.... If you use AVIS sign up for the Wizard service (kinda like a frequent flyer). Orignally booked with Enterprise but went with Avis because I got a great rate. Good luck and happy cruising.

We need a mini van, 6 of us traveling with luggage so I used a code you spoke of.... If you use AVIS sign up for the Wizard service (kinda like a frequent flyer). Orignally booked with Enterprise but went with Avis because I got a great rate. Good luck and happy cruising.

Do you mind sharing what you paid one-way for a mini-van? If not, no big deal. Do they give a discount for having a wizard #?

Thanks Again!

Just FYI. There is no "free" shuttle from the FFL pier to Avis. Had to do a taxi, but the code worked great and enjoyed our post cruise day at a wonderful rate!

I don't know if there is one from the airport either, because I tried to ask if this happened to anybody before. We rented with Avis through hotwire last week, and when we dropped the car off at the airport, and asked where the shuttle was to the port, the guy working in the garage said he would drive us there in our car after we checked it in, and he did, and it was awesome. I was wondering if anybody else had this happen?

The code AWD# K199060 saved me about $100 overall--for my pre and post cruise rentals! I was renting from Hertz but the Avis price was too good to pass up! I am picking up at Orlando and dropping off near the Port! My bro is driving so we aren't really concerned about the distance from the hotel to the rental agency...the hotel has a shuttle, so we'll drop off the car early and take the shuttle to the pier...Anyone know the distance from Avis to the Radisson at the Port??

Thanks so much for the tip! (spending the extra bucks saved on foo foo drinks on the ship!!)

Katie

a153700

The code saves me the most money - base rate of $34 for a mini-van :)

However, while searching online I discovered that they may ask for ID since that is supposedly an AVIS employee discount number??? The K199060 code supposedly is from a Florida travel bureau so hopefully that is valid to use for everybody. My worry is getting caught and forced to pay full price ...

In all the times I have rented a vehicle and utilized discount codes I have never been ask to back it up. If they do ask I have formulated a response and if needed I will just take a couple of discount codes with me so I can switch them. Again, last year no questions, other than how do you wish to pay and here are the key.

Has anyone used a153700 recently? I heard a couple of months back that they were asking for Avis Emp. ID at MCO. I wonder if you are a wizard member, will that make it easier since they have all of your info.? Thanks!!

Has anyone used a153700 recently? I heard a couple of months back that they were asking for Avis Emp. ID at MCO. I wonder if you are a wizard member, will that make it easier since they have all of your info.? Thanks!!

I would like to know this as well - that code could save lots of money meaning more dollars to spend onboard :D

I just booked Dollar, they apparently have pick up at the port. Has anyone done this?? We would like to have a car post cruise for the day before we head to FLL. Is there shuttles waiting??? Do we have to call someone??

Thank you

Kim

Just reserved a full size at Thrifty. Even with the $15.00 drop off fee, it was $5.00 cheaper that any other rental company. They are having some sort of sale on certain cars.

Reserved a Dodge Charger for $44.91.

Diane, are you still with us in October? You have not posted for a while, and wanted to know if you were still going.

I just booked Dollar, they apparently have pick up at the port. Has anyone done this?? We would like to have a car post cruise for the day before we head to FLL. Is there shuttles waiting??? Do we have to call someone??

Thank you

Kim

there are shuttles running with dollar on the side of them waiting at the port I was told... If this isnt true please someone tell me.

For now I have dollar for the post cruise to get back to FLL (someone said that taking a taxi Avis and then going to to Fll after the cruise would be easier), I have a car rented through avis to get on the ship - both at the same price

Has anyone used them before? Prices seem reasonable... but I've never heard of them.

They have a reputation of going over the rentals with a fine tooth comb when you return them. If there's a nick, a chip, a ding, bugs on the windshield, a spot of tar on the side, sand in the rug your going to pay. Bottomline, go with a mainstream agency.

We're flying into FLL but sailing out of POM. We're staying at La Quinta Miami East pre-cruise. Ideally, I would pick up a car at FLL and drop it off at POM and post cruise, we would pick up at POM and drop off at FLL.

Not too confusing I hope.:p Does anybody know of a car rental company that has a location at POM?

there are shuttles running with dollar on the side of them waiting at the port I was told... If this isnt true please someone tell me.

For now I have dollar for the post cruise to get back to FLL (someone said that taking a taxi Avis and then going to to Fll after the cruise would be easier), I have a car rented through avis to get on the ship - both at the same price

Well After talking to many people on CC, I am getting an Avis car pre-cruise and post cruise. They say the shuttles wait till they get full, its much easier to hope into a taxi to avis and get your car. The same would apply when going to POM.

So I Cancelled Dollar even though they will pick me up at pom

Luckily we had already booked with Avis before I found this post. But the info on the shuttle was great. This way hubby can drop us off and then return the car, getting shuttled back to the port. I appreciate the valuable info.

Archived