Guide To Florida Car Rental (Transfer To Port)

Acrossenger

So, in reading through all of the great information. I didn't see notes about going from the cruise port, POM, back to the rental car company. I booked with Dollar and will use their shuttle to get to the POM from the MIA airport, but wanted to know how to get back.

Also, I've tried a lot of the codes listed and most don't seem to work for the one way rental that I'm doing from TPA to MIA, but if anyone had any luck, I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks

So, in reading through all of the great information. I didn't see notes about going from the cruise port, POM, back to the rental car company. I booked with Dollar and will use their shuttle to get to the POM from the MIA airport, but wanted to know how to get back.

Also, I've tried a lot of the codes listed and most don't seem to work for the one way rental that I'm doing from TPA to MIA, but if anyone had any luck, I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks

We used Dollar in October from Port of Miami to their rental office. We flagged down their shuttle bus at the port. Dollar and Thrifty use the same shuttle bus and rental office.

Wow, after all this great info I feel comfortable renting a car from MCO to Pt. Canaveral. But the only thing I'm unsure of is when you get off the ship what happens? Do they just have continious shuttles running? I'm booked through AVIS currently. I'm nervous about getting back to the airport in time (our flight is at 3pm) I really don't want to use carnival transfers. Any info would be helpful!

Wow, after all this great info I feel comfortable renting a car from MCO to Pt. Canaveral. But the only thing I'm unsure of is when you get off the ship what happens? Do they just have continious shuttles running? I'm booked through AVIS currently. I'm nervous about getting back to the airport in time (our flight is at 3pm) I really don't want to use carnival transfers. Any info would be helpful!

Usually the shuttle bus goes around the port picking people up and takes them back to their office. Just wave them down.

I would call Avis rental office that you have booked for pick up to find out from them, what time they start and what you have to do.

I would try to get off the ship as soon as you can.

Wow! We just used the Thrifty code posted above 004M001010 and our rate went from $42 for a day to $22 (one way FLL to MIA). That's awesome! Now, can anyone confirm whether or not Thrifty (in Miami) still runs a free shuttle to the Miami pier?

Hi LA! I was getting ready to book with Thrifty too. I thought I had read somewhere on this thread that Thrifty did run a shuttle from MIA to POM but I called them this morning and was told that they don't! :( The man I spoke to seem a little confused and I think he had to search for the answer, so I may call back.

We used Dollar car rental from Port of Miami to FLL in October. We flagged down the shuttle once we were outside the port. Their shuttle was marked Dollar and Thrifty car rental. The shuttle took us to their office which housed both Dollar and Thrifty in the same building. Both rental agencies list their address as 3670 NW South River Drive. We are renting from Thrifty in April using 004M001010.

We used Dollar car rental from Port of Miami to FLL in October. We flagged down the shuttle once we were outside the port. Their shuttle was marked Dollar and Thrifty car rental. The shuttle took us to their office which housed both Dollar and Thrifty in the same building. Both rental agencies list their address as 3670 NW South River Drive. We are renting from Thrifty in April using 004M001010.

I can confirm that they are in the same building on South River Drive and that they do have shuttles to the port.

Thanks everyone!!!

We booked a car with Thrifty. They will pick us up at the airport and shuttle us to the air port location. We rent the car and when we bring it back, we take it to the city location no charge. The city location has a free shuttle to the port.

I went and downloaded and printed my Orlando Magic Card used the code and saved $45 on the size car we wanted.

Yay!

I can confirm that they are in the same building on South River Drive and that they do have shuttles to the port.

Yes, yesterday once I didn't get the answer I wanted from the man at Thrifty, I decided to call Dollar. I knew there were sister companies and had read that they used the same office. The friendly lady at Dollar told me they DO run a shuttle from MIA to POM...so I know if Dollar does then Thrifty does as well.

Yesterday, I booked a one way economy (FLL to MIA) through Thrifty for $30 using the Orlando Magic Card code.

This is a great thread. I just used the Thrifty code 004M001010 to book our pre and post cruise rentals:

12/10/08 11 pm pick up at FLL

12/12/08 12 pm return at MIA $21/day plus taxes

12/21/08 11 am pick up at MIA

12/22/08 11 am return at FLL $30 plus taxes

I can call to verify, but is it correct to think that we can get a free shuttle from MIA Thrifty return to the port? Is it also correct that we can get a shuttle from the port to MIA's Thrifty location?

Thanks so much!

I just tried that code for the magic card on Thrifty and it came up invalid.

Did you put it in the corporate box, or the promotion box? It needs to be in the corporate box to work.

Just tried it, and still working for a FLL rental, beginning of January.

Yes, yesterday once I didn't get the answer I wanted from the man at Thrifty, I decided to call Dollar. I knew there were sister companies and had read that they used the same office. The friendly lady at Dollar told me they DO run a shuttle from MIA to POM...so I know if Dollar does then Thrifty does as well.

Yesterday, I booked a one way economy (FLL to MIA) through Thrifty for $30 using the Orlando Magic Card code.

I booked a one way with Thrifty using the magic card code (corporate box) from the orlando airport (we have a wedding in Orlando on the Friday before the cruise) to miami and I got a great rate on a midsize car but a $50 drop off charge. Did that happen to any one else?

I booked a one way with Thrifty using the magic card code (corporate box) from the orlando airport (we have a wedding in Orlando on the Friday before the cruise) to miami and I got a great rate on a midsize car but a $50 drop off charge. Did that happen to any one else?

I just checked my reservation (economy car) for one-way with Thrifty that I booked using same 'corporate' code as you, and I don't see any 'drop-off' charges listed. Maybe it depends on how far the one-way trip is. I'm picking up @ FLL (airport) and dropping off @ next to Port Everglades later that same day, which is only about 3 miles from each other. It could depend on the distance and/or the car type.

I think I tried with a smaller car and the charge was still there. This rate was for a "wild card" car--they pick any car midsize or larger and the price was just a few dollars more than the compact. It must be the distance. I'll try calling Thrifty. The weddding couple also arranged a discount with Avis. I'll try to call them too. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could help me. We are flying into PBI on a Sunday, staying in Fort Lauderdale for the night, and then depart on our cruise from Port Everglades on Mon. I need to rent a car from PBI for Sunday and return it Monday. I also need to rent a car to transport us back to PBI when we return. Our flight back home does not leave until 6:30 pm so we have plenty of time. Is there a rental car company at Port Everglades or do we have to return the car at FLL, and then rent a car at FLL to go to PBI. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

i used it fine in the corporate box. but aren't they going to ask me where i got that corporate code? (meaning which company i work with/for?) i saw it is supposed to be associated with the orlando majic card but when i went to that website i saw no reference to thrifty anywhere!

thanks for all your help, i just don't want to be standing there with a whiney 3 year old arguing aobout the rate lol ;)

i used it fine in the corporate box. but aren't they going to ask me where i got that corporate code? (meaning which company i work with/for?) i saw it is supposed to be associated with the orlando majic card but when i went to that website i saw no reference to thrifty anywhere!

thanks for all your help, i just don't want to be standing there with a whiney 3 year old arguing aobout the rate lol ;)

I noticed there was no reference to car rentals as well, but when reserving, it does make reference to the magiccard. :confused: I just plan on taking the card I printed off and hope for the best.

Archived