Guide To Florida Car Rental (Transfer To Port)

Acrossenger

How do you get the AAA rate into the booking? I pulled what I thought was the code and the price is the same as with all of the other codes I have...right around $90 or so for the Impala. I guess it's the time we're travelling (August 21).

I book right from the AAA website or today I clicked on this Hertz link and it inserted the codes automatically:

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index.jsp?targetPage=csaadoubleupgrade.jsp&id=21249

It inserted a AAA Northern CA code, but it apparently isn't valid for what I want (which is an overnight Sat to Sun rental) so it defaulted to the standard cost, which is just around $90. I'm going to go to my AAA site for NJ and see if it will link me to something else.

Thanks.

ETA: Checked my AAA and the rate was the same. Plus it wasn't letting me do pick up at the airport and drop off at Downtown. So I put in the BJs information and got a $5 off coupon. So the final price is about $86.00.

Plus it wasn't letting me do pick up at the airport and drop off at Downtown. So I put in the BJs information and got a $5 off coupon. So the final price is about $86.00.

On the AAA site you have to click on "more search options" to choose a different dropoff location. My price for one night was originally higher. It just dropped this week($30 less), about 3 weeks from rental. Just keep checking.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I just ran the AVIS numbers for B9999000 code for Orlando to Port Canaveral...

B999000.... It listed $25 ! base price for Cadillac!!

If it's valid on line, are there any worries when I arrive at MCO?

Any ifo on this code?

Thanks!

Mike

I can get it to display the rates but not book. I'm not sure why.

I can get it to display the rates but not book. I'm not sure why.

Googled code. It doesn't seem like the general public should use it.

I got a message in red that said something about the code not being found in their system.

Avis AWD C356672 gave me pretty good rates.

Has anybody had used it and had no problems picking up the car? Any idea what the code is for?

• 8 months later...

Looking to book for July 8th one way from MCO to Port Canaveral. Any updates on the codes, current pricing etc.....

Looked up a rate using the previous posted Avis code of C031529 - which did work - and I received a total with taxes of 62.62 for a full size car.

Cheaper isn't always better....listen to the folks that suffered through theur Budget rental!

I finally booked through Avis based on the recommendations here...

I received a rate of 67.31 for a mid-side SUV (Group F) from MCO to Cape Canaveral. We will keep the car overnight and return in the morning before boarding the ship. This is for a Saturday nigh.

I received a rate of 48.08 from Cape Canaveral to Disney dropping off at the Hilton Hotel at Disneyworld near Downtown Disney. We will drop our luggage off at the resort and then come back and return the car. We can take a bus from Downtown Disney to our resort after. I am not sure if the less price come because we are not keeping the car overnight or not but it was still way less than a shuttle or other form of transportation and this way we can make a grocery store stop along the way to stock our kitchen....

Used the Avis code posted and recommended here..

The only thing I can't remember - need to reread the previous posts - is if there is a free shuttle from the Avis to port and then back again...

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any RECENT similar experience taking a shuttle to/from Miami Airport and the Port of Miami? We are dropping off a National rental car at the airport pre-cruise, and picking another one up right after the cruise...

I'm "bumping" this particular question as I was unable to find a response. We're looking at doing the same in January and wondered if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!

Edit: D'oh...nevermind. I found the answer on another thread. Thx!

Unfortunately we had the SAME experience! The staff were really awful there and we use BUDGET all the time for business all over the midwest and have never had anything like this.

The upgrade game is annoying and if a person tells you NO, then they should just give up, instead we got....."you were late getting here so you're lucky to get any car now". Our flight was delayed and we called the main office twice and were assured our vehicle would be held and no worries.

When they gave us the car, not the car we requested...a gas guzzler.... it was dark and raining and parked in a poorly lit lot. We had to drag our luggage out there in the rain and dark and try to find the car! There was no drive up to the door for inspection, off we went to find the car in the lot!

We squeezed between the cars, barely opened the doors, got in and went to the checkout were it was a bit more lit. We had several areas that were damaged, we pointed out, but several not seen til light of day! We called immediately upon finding the damage, corporate was wonderful and told us there had already been a damage report on that vehicle from a previous renter. They apologized, offerred us another vehicle, we said no thanks, we only had it for a day.

Next day when we returned it we were treated SO poorly! We were repeatedly told it was our fault and they knew nothing about us tlaking with corporate, and there was no other damage report on the vehicle and there was no notation by the checkout clerk of any damage at all when we left!

We were told several times, we would be billed for the damage and (loved this part) we "should have known better than to take a vehicle without checking it thoroughly"! Ugggh!

It was a terrible experience!!!

We arrived home from our wonderful cruise and got a bill from them for $820 for damage! OMG, I was so angry.

We had our business attorney write a letter, a month later, we got a short note back from BUDGET saying the matter was resolved...and they looked forward to doing business with us in the future.

Maybe the other Budget locations will continue to get our business, but I would NEVER rent from them in Miami again, I don't care if it was the cheapest place around!

I don't need that aggravation before my vacation, after my cruise and when I return. And I certainly don't like going into a business on high alert that I'm going to be ripped off, argued with, treated like a criminal, and needing to fight at any given moment! Bad Karma! Bad Business.

I will never recommend this place.

Just in case you think I might be one of "those" complainer, difficult people, you can read all my posts, I am not at all hard to please, and very easy going

Jan

I used Budget for the first time ever in over 20 visits to the USA.

I will never ever use them again, they were the most unhelpful bunch

of service agents I have ever come across.

They continually lied to me about the pick up from the port,

in the end I got a taxi to the airport location, Never use them

they ARE THE PITS.

• 1 year later...

Found this thread while doing a search and tried the pre-mentioned AVIS codes, both still work - C031529 (C, ZERO....) and C356672. Both gave same discount ($48 cheaper than nondiscounted rate for 3 day rental).

Has anyone had any experience with this code. It says it is a state of Florida code. I was able to save a substantial amount using this code however I don't want to have an issue when picking up the car. I am assuming just because I was able to make this reservation online and get a confirmation code does not mean they will accept this when I go to pick up the car? Any suggestions on how I can make sure this will work?

We just rented from Avis using the C031529 code and seemed to have saved around $30 per rental. We pick up at MCO the 17th drop off at Pt Canaveral 18th, pick up another car the 23rd on the way back drop off at MCO. Total cost was just under $80. We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before and it will be nice to be able to drive around and check out the area a bit. Just need to make sure we find a gas station nearby to fill it up :D

Just googled "avis code A113400" and found an old Flyertalk thread where they say it's a FL state employee code. You will most likely be ask for ID.
You just made that up right.:rolleyes: I have used many discount car rental discount codes & never been asked for documentation of any kind!

Has anyone had any experience with this code. It says it is a state of Florida code. I was able to save a substantial amount using this code however I don't want to have an issue when picking up the car. I am assuming just because I was able to make this reservation online and get a confirmation code does not mean they will accept this when I go to pick up the car? Any suggestions on how I can make sure this will work?

I'm curious on this myself. With this code I can get a minivan for less then $50 and would love to use it for my November rental. But with Avis' regular rates being so high, I would hate to get to the rental agency and not be able to use it.

Does anybody know if Avis has free shuttle from their MIA office to the Port of Miami? If I have to pay for a taxi, then its not worth the savings. The taxi cost would use it up.

I'm using Budget in Oct using Code Y937800 drop off at downtown location. ( 89 N.E 2nd St) I think. It's the 2nd location listed on Miami locations.

Full size ( Ford Fusion or similar) for $44.00+Taxes Will drop everybody off at port first then Cab it to the Port.

Still less expensive than other options.

I just priced Avis rates picking up at Orlando so we can drive to Port Canaveral on our Freedom cruise in December. If I put in code Y937800, C031529, or C356672 I get the same rate (which is substantially cheaper). Does anyone know what those codes are - is it a specific corporate rate and would they ask us for an id? Thanks for your help.

I just priced Avis rates picking up at Orlando so we can drive to Port Canaveral on our Freedom cruise in December. If I put in code Y937800, C031529, or C356672 I get the same rate (which is substantially cheaper). Does anyone know what those codes are - is it a specific corporate rate and would they ask us for an id? Thanks for your help.

Cat Mom, here is some info on some of the codes that I got at mousesavers.com. I used the Y937800 and got a mini-van for Port Canaveral in Oct for our Carnival Dream Cruise. Both ways will cost 6 of us $153.23. Good luck happy cruising.

Discounts Open to Anyone

• Get up to 20% off rentals at participating Budget locations. Use BCD code U072412. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer. Thanks to Susan T for info.
  • Get up to 25% off weekly rentals at participating Budget locations. Use BCD code U110900. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
  • Get up to 40% off rentals at participating Budget locations. Use BCD code W810011. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
  • Get up to 15% off rentals at participating Budget locations in FLORIDA. Use BCD code Y937800. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times including some online rates. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other BCD number, promotion or offer.
  • Wal-Mart Customers (i.e., anyone) can get up to 25% off rentals at Budget. Use BCD code W810011.
  • Another Wal-Mart code: Use BCD code W810000 at Budget. Source: Wal-Mart edition Rand-McNally Atlas. Thanks to Joe J for info.

Archived