If Ship Ports at 7:00 a.m. . .

Most ships arrive in their home port earlier than the time shown in your documents and usually debarkation begins shortly after the time indicated. That assumes, however, that the Customs and Immigration officials are present to clear your reentry into the US, and that there are no medical emergencies or other exigencies which might delay you We have arrived back in port and, even without using the self-debarkation processs, have been off the ship before 8am. On a few occasions, we have encountered delays and have not been able to start disembarking until nearly 9am. Allow yourself a reasonable amount of time when you schedule your return flight and you shouldn't have any serious problems.

For a 7am docking I've had a ship actually port at 6am and was off the ship by 7:15am.........I've also been as late as 9:30am........usually though things run pretty smooth and you should be off early........as Bill said though you just never know.

We had an early flight out of San Juan in January, asked for 1st off the ship and we were off about 7:45am - perfect timing and the staff was so willing to help us!! We also used American Airlines, so we just took our luggage out of the security area and right to the line for AA - so convenient!!!! Happy Sailing

Ok. I was wondering if a 9:30 a.m. flight was realistic. All of the later flights back the day after Thanksgiving are pretty expensive.

A 9:30AM flight means you have to be at the airport by 8:30AM.

No matter what port you are in, this will be exceptionally risky and probably impossible.

Our group with white tags (first off the ship) was called as we were leaving our room to have breakfast. So we just took our time and ate before disembarking. Still caught the 8:00am shuttle from port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport. Made a 10:30 flight with no issues.

We had an early flight out of San Juan in January, asked for 1st off the ship and we were off about 7:45am - perfect timing and the staff was so willing to help us!! We also used American Airlines, so we just took our luggage out of the security area and right to the line for AA - so convenient!!!! Happy Sailing

Excellent information. I actually just posted a thread asking if it was possible to do early self debark and still use the AA $10 check-in at the pier. Thanks for the answer!!!

we were on the Freedom in March, did the express off, and they called us at 6:30am, so a 9:30 flight is possible, but not sure I would count on it either, we drove so we got off early and on our way.

I think it's too early, too. However, we were in the 2nd group off and were still at MIA by 8:30 am. We had an 11:40am flight and had plenty of time. Our ship docked early, and we breezed through Customs. BUT--you never know! I think I'd leave a bit more of a "cushion"--or at least be prepared to go stand-by, if the early flight is missed.

Archived