Just Because of You

I have read many posts from people who have used JBOY and received very good service. I was all set to use them, but with the recent crackdown by many cruise-lines on alcohol brought onboard, I decided to check. I am sailing out of Vancouver next month, and when I checked with Celebrity, I was told that they would not allow delivery of any alcohol other than wine to a cabin, even if it was in a gift basket.

Of course, they may have told me that because they wanted me to only have a gift basket from their own Bon Voyage program! :eek: Either way, I am not sure I want to take the chance of paying for a gift basket only to have it confiscated and refused to be delivered to my room.

This may also be because I am sailing out of an international port, and maybe domestic ports are not that strict. I would call and speak with Shelly to see if she has had any problems.

We used them in December on our Enchantment cruise and were very pleased with the whole transaction. I would esaily choose them again over trying to "smuggle" alcohol onboard, and would highly recommend them to my fellow CCs

:D

A~

Likewise we used them in Dec and had no problems. Shellys a Hoot! The only thing I have to say is ....coming up with what to say to yourself for the gift card! LOL very amusing :)))))))) We'll be using Shelly again this Dec for our next Cruise.

I would suggest giving Shelley a call. I had heard that RCI at Port Canaveral had cracked down on other than beer and wine and wasn't allowing it on-board at all. I called and asked, yes they had issues in the past, especially during spring break, but now its all good. They do limit how much can be in one basket, but not how many baskets you can get! Of course each basket has a $5 delivery charge so the price goes up, but so much easier than trying to get it on board yourself. Haven't gotten my 'baskets' yet, don't sail for another few weeks, but ordering what I did was painless. Explained what I was looking for and had it done in no time.

I'll copy and paste the list here. But, it's much easier and quicker to call them. There are things that they can get that aren't on the list. Also, do call them rather than e-mail. I have heard that they get kind of backed up with e-mails.

PO Box 770473, Coral Springs, Fl 33077-0473

1991 NW 55th Avenue, Margate, Fl 33063

954-582-0811 voice / 954-582-0523 fax

800-882-9707 voice/ 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

PAGE 1 OF 2

Following is a “Basic” list of products we offer. All our baskets are custom made, so if you are looking for something “Special” we can usually create just the gift you’re looking for!

All gifts are decorated in a most impressive presentation….Our job is to make You look good! Any item listed below can be decorated for any special occasion, Let us know of the celebration when placing your order!

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

HOUSE WINES & SPARKLING WINES

Port prices vary

White Zinfandel …………………………………………

15.00 & up

Chardonnay …………………………………………...

16.00 & up

Merlot ………………………………………………

16.00 & up

Shiraz …………………………………………………

16.00 & up

Pinot Grigio …………………………………………

19.00 & up

Extra dry or Brut Sparklng or Spumante …………

18.00 & up

Asti Spumante ……………………………………

22.00 & up

Spanish Cava ………………………………………

18.00 & up

Domaine St. Michelle ………………………………

25.00 & up

OTHER WINES & WINERIES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY & PRICES

Non-alcoholic Beverages

Sparkling cider …………………………………………...

12 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………

12.00 & up

6 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………

Non-alcohol wines (i.e. Sutter Home Fre) …………

13.00 & up

15.00 & up

WE CARRY MANY OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC GIFTS!

WINE, CHAMPAGNE & BEER BASKETS

Wine & Gourmet ………………………………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

“Bon Voyage” Basket (Champagne) ………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

Mimosas for Two ………………………………………

25.00 & up

35.00 & up

Beer & Snack Bucket ………………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

ALL BASKETS ARE CUSTOM CREATED, LET US CREATE ONE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!

GOURMET & CANDY

Gourmet Snack Basket ………………………………

15.00 & up

Deluxe Gourmet Food Basket ……………………

30.00 & up

35.00 & up

Sodas & snacks ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Candy Baskets ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Deluxe Chocolates ………………………………

IF YOU DON’T SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR…. CALL US & WE’LL DO IT

“JUST FOR YOU!”

PAGE 1 OF 2

Page 2 of 2 Just Because of You

Product List

800-882-9707 voice / 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

JUST FOR KIDS

“Brat Pack” ……………………………………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Soft drinks or Juices or combo & snacks …………

15.00 & up

20.00 & up

Let us know the age & gender of the child/children and we’ll customize a gift just for them!

FLOWERS

Tropical Flower Arrangements …………………

20.00 & up

30.00 & up

Champagne or Wine in a

Tropical Flower Arrangements ……………………

35.00 & up

45.00 & up

Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase …………………

55.00 & up

Half Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase ……………

30.00 & up

Wine or Champagne & 12 Roses

arranged in a Basket ………………………………

75.00 & up

FLOWERS AVAILABLE FOR WEDDINGS, ANNIVERSARYS & MOST SPECIAL EVENTS!

*PORTS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:

Port Canaveral, Tampa, San Juan, Galveston, New York, Los Angeles (San Pedro), San Diego,

San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Seward AS, Whittier AS, Hawaii (Oahu & Maui, see below)

Check with us on Port availability, we’ll always let you know where you can get the best deal!

Not all items are available in all ports.

Hawaii-Local laws do not allow us delivery of alcoholic beverages, We offer beautiful “Native Baskets” filled with local treats and of course, Tropical Flower Arrangements direct from where they’re grown!!!

Many ports offer specialized gifts that include local treats and items. Alaska, Vancouver, San Juan & Hawaii are just a few

LIQOURS AND SPIRITS AVAILABLE IN SOME PORTS, Check with us at 800-882-9707

LAST MINUTE ORDERS ACCEPTED!!! (No late fees!!!!)

ALL ORDERS ARE GUARANTEED! Non-received items must be reported with fifteen (15) days of passenger return. We are not responsible for unreported cabin changes before or after ship sails or wrong ship information.

Prices do not include cruise line receiving fees per gift or Florida sales tax & transfer fees of 6%. Standard delivery charges apply to other destinations (land properties).

GOT A GROUP??????

CALL US AND WE WILL WORK WITH YOU ON GROUP PRICES

We are currently celebrating our 15th year of serving the travel industry! And as we all have seen so many changes occur, we have made it our mission to have your clients coming back to you over & over and let them know how special they are to you by giving them the best gifts at prices that are affordable!

We always look forward to hearing from you….Just Because!

800-882-9707 voice * 800-424-9706 fax *justbecausecorp@aol.com email

I just ordered baskets for our Alaska cruise out of Seattle. Not a problem. I asked for Powerade (blue no less) for the kids and they were willing to accommadate. As far as the alcohol they told me to use common sense. Don't leave it out and don't parade around in the halls with the bottle! :-)

Can anyone tell me more about this Just Becuase of you. My husband is a beer drinnker and I know the beer is expensive on Board. We are sailing in July of the Enchanment. Cant wait, first time with RCI.

I want to thank you all for posting information about JBOY. I just called them and thought I would pass along that the man I spoke with said that there are no restrictions on the Freedom of the Seas for anything. I asked specifically if alcohol could be confiscated and he said not on the Freedom.

I am sailing on 6/17 and wanted another option. I do not want to chance smuggling.

I want to thank you all for posting information about JBOY. I just called them and thought I would pass along that the man I spoke with said that there are no restrictions on the Freedom of the Seas for anything. I asked specifically if alcohol could be confiscated and he said not on the Freedom.

I am sailing on 6/17 and wanted another option. I do not want to chance smuggling.

I have used Shelly with JBOY at least 5 times or more. She is wonderful to work with, and she comes up with some great ideas to make your basket every special to you. I have never had a problem getting my stuff once on board, it is always in our cabin by the time muster drill is over. I have had beer, wine and volka delivered.

Just give Shelly a call.

Laura

We're sailing on June 24th out of Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone has ordered anything other than beer or wine and what are the prices (just a ballpark).

We were looking for a couple bottles of wine, Asti, corona light and bud lights and maybe some vodka and baileys.

Any info would be appreciated. Do you think our baskets would be delivered before we set sail??

I ordered a 12 pack of Bud and a 750 ml of Jose Cuervo and Luis said the same as someone above, "just don't parade around with it" and "stash it". I leave out of Canaveral 5/28 and hope my order is delivered with no problems. Granted I'll get it on the last night but I was so looking forward to a margarita or two, for two. Of course I will still pay premium $ for a drink or 2 on the island or Senor Frogs or............

We're sailing on June 24th out of Port Canaveral and was wondering if anyone has ordered anything other than beer or wine and what are the prices (just a ballpark).

We were looking for a couple bottles of wine, Asti, corona light and bud lights and maybe some vodka and baileys.

Any info would be appreciated. Do you think our baskets would be delivered before we set sail??

I just ordered both wine and vodka for my sailing on the Mariner June 17th out of Port Canaveral. As I mentioned before, during spring break they were not allowed to do hard liquor, but that restriction has supposedly been lifted. We'll see in a few weeks if it makes it. For 2 bottles of wine and one 750 vodka with RCI charge was about $100. We also did some soda, water and snacks for the kids so it wasn't all alchohol and we split it all between the two cabins to mix it up some.

They are very willing to put together baskets in whatever way they can to ensure you get what you want. I believe it was a limit of 2 alchoholic bottles per basket.

If anyone is interested I called them about getting a wine basket for my sister's birthday. We are sailing on the VOS, January 2008 and, I was told that "Just Because of You" can not deliver to any ship that is docked in Galveston nor do they use the Port of New Orleans. Boo Hoo :( for me since I use both ports.

But I did let the person that I was speaking to know about all the nice reviews they were getting here in these chat rooms. He ask me to tell all of you that are giving them good reviews to say Thank You. :p

countdown.pl?name=Cruise_Lover&date=1-13-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Cruises and birthdays are matches made in heaven!&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Norwegian SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

We just got off Explorer on Sunday and as some of you know I am pissed at the alcohol crackdown, especially as RCI's policies offer no reasonable alternative for cruisers who follow the rules. I managed to have a couple of conversations with senior mangers in the Bar dept. and the result is if they find alcohol or beer coming onboard - NO MATTER HOW - they will confiscate it. A couple of bottles of wine are supposedly OK. They understand my position on this and flat out stated that cruisers like me who are the majority are paying the price for the actions of the minority.

The reasons are twofold; a couple of high profile incidents and, more importantly, serious abuse by passengers drinking smuggled or other non ship provided alcohol all over the ship instead of IN THEIR CABINS thereby not supporting the ship's bars. It's as simple as that......

I have read many posts from people who have used JBOY and received very good service. I was all set to use them, but with the recent crackdown by many cruise-lines on alcohol brought onboard, I decided to check. I am sailing out of Vancouver next month, and when I checked with Celebrity, I was told that they would not allow delivery of any alcohol other than wine to a cabin, even if it was in a gift basket.

Of course, they may have told me that because they wanted me to only have a gift basket from their own Bon Voyage program! :eek: Either way, I am not sure I want to take the chance of paying for a gift basket only to have it confiscated and refused to be delivered to my room.

This may also be because I am sailing out of an international port, and maybe domestic ports are not that strict. I would call and speak with Shelly to see if she has had any problems.

DaisyGirl I just talked with JBOY about a delivery to the Radiance in Vancouver this summer-- they told me they would only be able to deliver wine. Maybe a Canadian regulation?

Has anyone ordered for Vancouver? If so, do you know what is the best way to select the wine? They sent me their price list, but it only lists merlot, chardonnay, etc. I am not a wine expert, but I a little picky when it comes to wine. But I don't want to ask for something that would be hard to get in Canada and I do like to try local and/or different varieties. Any help even on what might be some good choices readily available in Vancouver would be appreciated!

We just got off Explorer on Sunday and as some of you know I am pissed at the alcohol crackdown, especially as RCI's policies offer no reasonable alternative for cruisers who follow the rules. I managed to have a couple of conversations with senior mangers in the Bar dept. and the result is if they find alcohol or beer coming onboard - NO MATTER HOW - they will confiscate it. A couple of bottles of wine are supposedly OK. They understand my position on this and flat out stated that cruisers like me who are the majority are paying the price for the actions of the minority.

The reasons are twofold; a couple of high profile incidents and, more importantly, serious abuse by passengers drinking smuggled or other non ship provided alcohol all over the ship instead of IN THEIR CABINS thereby not supporting the ship's bars. It's as simple as that......

I posted something similiar to this a while ago. I was told that if liquor was to be delivered, it had to be "disguised". It couldn't be put in a basket that made it obvious it was liquor and have it delivered. I was blasted as not knowing what I was talking about.

Just because someone posts that they got xyz delivered with no problem, doesn't mean it will continue. This was on the thread about having alcohol confiscated. I said then, and I still say, if you bring on alcohol,(liquor, moreso than wine) you are taking a chance. People choose to believe what they want, and flame others who don't agree with them.

I would love to see RCI re-instate the buy liquor onboard and pay a fee to have it in the cabin. I know all the reasons why it can't be done, but to me, if they said only 1 bottle per cruiser could be purchased while on the ship for use on the ship, they still would make money from drinks purchased onboard.

I do believe at some point RCI will re-think the whole issue and decide that we are entitled to have drinks in our cabin. They don't have the time to search all suitcases and people post all the time about smuggling. It's the people who brag about smuggling and then take their drinks all over the ship that ruin things for everyone else. That won't change.

Off my soapbox.

Katie

Two questions:

Has there been any issue with alcohol (mainly beer) deliveries to AOS in San Juan?

And we leave June 24...I completely forgot to place my order... do I still have time to call Shelley (as long as there have been no issues delivering to AOS)? Thank goodness I saw this thread to remind me!

Thanks in advance!

Hi

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on June 24th and was told today they lifted the ban for only beer and wine gift baskets delivered to The Mariner at Port Canaveral. They said you can only have 2 bottles per basket or 12 bottles of beer or a case of cans. There is a $5 delivery charge for baskets and no limit on how many baskets. The approximate costs for a case of cans is $45 plus $5 delivery charge, still much cheaper than on board. I now just have to decide what I want in my baskets for in room consumption!

Archived