Just Because of You

Hi

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral on June 24th and was told today they lifted the ban for only beer and wine gift baskets delivered to The Mariner at Port Canaveral. They said you can only have 2 bottles per basket or 12 bottles of beer or a case of cans. There is a $5 delivery charge for baskets and no limit on how many baskets. The approximate costs for a case of cans is $45 plus $5 delivery charge, still much cheaper than on board. I now just have to decide what I want in my baskets for in room consumption!

This is good to hear. Im going to place my order nearer the time as we dont sail until Sept.

Thanks mom2girls for posting the 'menu', at least i have an idea of what i can ask for when i call now, that will make my international call a little cheaper :)

Jenk

Hi. We just returned today from Mariner. I ordered 1 bottle of Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, 1 bottle of Raspberry Vodka and 1 bottle of Captain Morgan. The delivery was waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin at 1pm. It was delivered in a cute little beach bag. Well worth the price and no hassle or "naughty room" to go to. Wanda

Hi. We just returned today from Mariner. I ordered 1 bottle of Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, 1 bottle of Raspberry Vodka and 1 bottle of Captain Morgan. The delivery was waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin at 1pm. It was delivered in a cute little beach bag. Well worth the price and no hassle or "naughty room" to go to. Wanda

Excellent news, thanks for the update Wanda

Just curious, how much of a mark up is there on liquor?

• 3 weeks later...
If anyone is interested I called them about getting a wine basket for my sister's birthday. We are sailing on the VOS, January 2008 and, I was told that "Just Because of You" can not deliver to any ship that is docked in Galveston nor do they use the Port of New Orleans. Boo Hoo :( for me since I use both ports.

But I did let the person that I was speaking to know about all the nice reviews they were getting here in these chat rooms. He ask me to tell all of you that are giving them good reviews to say Thank You. :p

countdown.pl?name=Cruise_Lover&date=1-13-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Cruises and birthdays are matches made in heaven!&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Norwegian SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

We just got back from VOS to alaska. Sailing from Seattle, we'd ordered a JBOY basket, which NEVER SHOWED UP!! We were supposed to have vodka, champagne, and 2 bottles of wine. NOPE, NADA, ZIP. And no one knew anything about a service called JBOY...:confused:

Personally, I think it was the state alcohol franchise tax people, not RCCL. State of Washington is very controlling that way. Hate when that happens.

But we also ordered a wine and dine package thru RCCL, which was fine and dandy each night for dinner. The rest of the time, while on board, we had to suffer with excellent gin and tonics, pina coladas, vodka sours and those mysteriously colorful drinks of the day. Hmmm. Needless to say, it was a fun cruise, and Shelly will give me back my money when I talk to her on Monday...so if you are sailing from Seattle, it is unlikely a JBOY will make it to your cabin....be prepared with an alternate plan.:D

I placed an order on Friday. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and helpful. We ordered a 12 pack of diet pepsi, a 12 pack of Coors light, a bottle of white zin, and a bottle of Bacardi, and the total was $110. This was for delivery in San Juan next week. He said he knew of no restrictions in San Juan at this time.

We ordered from "Just Because of You" and dealt with Luis (I think his name was) and had 4 baskets (with rum, tequila, margarita mix, a case of coke zero's and 4 bottles of wine and 2 champagnes) sent to ourselves for our Freedom cruise on May 27th. Everything was delivered while we were at the muster drill so we were able to make some cocktails to enjoy on the balconies as we were sailing away! It was great. A little tip that Luis shared with me was to uncork the wine ourselves in the cabin and carry it to dinner. (so, no corkage fee). We did this on 2 or 3 nights. We told our waiter on the first night that we'd received several voyage baskets and that we might be bringing more the next night. He was cool with that. He even kept our extra wine and brought it out the next night for us chilled. We also purchased a wine and dine package of 5 bottles from our waiter and used those up no problem over the course of the week. There were 4 adults in our group, so for a week, it worked out perfectly for us to use JBOY and buy plenty of wine and cocktails from the ship directly. We actually just enjoyed the convenience of having the option to make a few drinks before going to dinner. Also...we were warned not to flaunt the bottles and to keep them in the cabin (not walk around in the halls, etc.). We stowed the two hard liquor bottles in one of our drawers when we weren't in the cabin just to be safe. We will definitely use them again for our Freedom cruise next year if they are still allowed to keep delivering to the ships. Great service!

-Kathleen

Placed an order this week for our LOS 7/21 cruise. Asked to speak with Shelley but was told she was very ill. Anyway, place the order and the gentleman I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful. He said I could get anything, and as much as I wanted to order, it would just depend on the number of baskets that would be required. He said not to worry if the baskets weren't there when we first arrived in the cabin, they would be delivered during the muster drill.

So now it's being said that we can pay JBOY ..and companies like hers... twice as much for a bottle of hard liquor as what it costs on board ship + RCCL gets a measly $5 for the delivery? In the " good old days" we could buy a much less expensive bottle on board & pay RCCL $10. I'm glad I'm no longer in business because I just don't get it. RCCL makes less $$$ & I pay more to an outside supplier for the same bottle in a basket or cute little bag if I want to have a drink in my room. What am I missing here? :confused: You think "The Company" is selling the bottles to these suppliers? Not! What happened to the theory that we can't handle having a bottle in our rm.?

Such a rediculous situation. :eek: I agree w/an earlier post, at least let us buy1-2 bottles on board & pay the "corkage fee"!

So now it's being said that we can pay JBOY ..and companies like hers... twice as much for a bottle of hard liquor as what it costs on board ship + RCCL gets a measly $5 for the delivery? In the " good old days" we could buy a much less expensive bottle on board & pay RCCL $10. I'm glad I'm no longer in business because I just don't get it. RCCL makes less $$$ & I pay more to an outside supplier for the same bottle in a basket or cute little bag if I want to have a drink in my room. What am I missing here? :confused: You think "The Company" is selling the bottles to these suppliers? Not! What happened to the theory that we can't handle having a bottle in our rm.?

Such a rediculous situation. :eek: I agree w/an earlier post, at least let us buy1-2 bottles on board & pay the "corkage fee"!

I totally agree with you. It makes no sense whatsoever. I know that RCCL wants revenue, but to me this is the wrong way to do it. I guess I don't understand that buying it from JBOY and taking it to dinner. I thought the idea of having these deliveries was to have a drink in the cabin. I can understand taking it to the dining room perhaps, if the brand is the same as RCCL sells so it wasn't obvious it was purchased somewhere else.

I know our TA has sent us wine purchased on the ship so when we asked if we could take it to dinner our waiter said yes, as long as it's something the ship sells. If it weren't purchased from RCCL then we weren't able to do so.

Hopefully, at some point RCCL will re-think it's policies and perhaps allow one bottle of liquor per cabin/person to be sold to drink in the cabin. I do think that too many people were buying liquor onboard, then making drinks in their cabins and walking around the ship all week with their own drinks. I have heard of this many times. So, as usual, some people ruined it for all the rest of us.

• 1 month later...

All I can say is I got a call from Luis a couple of days before our Liberty 7/21 cruise saying that they would not be able to deliver our order and they would refund our money. As of today, still no refund. :( I'd think a lot before ordering anything.

Archived