A WHALE of a picture!! LOVED Alaska!

SakeDad

Yep! I will SWEAR by Capt Davey forever! Went with Capt Larry in Juneau and saw about 6 or 8 whales, including a baby but with Capt Davey in Sitka we saw alot more and they were even surface feeding VERY close to us. Also saw Steller Seals, bald eagles, leapord seals, sea otters and more. Worth every single penny. I'll have ALOT more pics soon.

Welcome back! I've been saving a question for you all week. Remember posting this just before you left?

According to the website for Alaska ports it's SIT 2BR #2 ANCHORAGE-BRIGDE DOCK....You may find all port info at http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html This looks like you have a bridge from the ship as opposed to a tender, but please check to be sure.
So my question is: how did you like the "bridge from the ship" to shore? :D :D

An incredible photo SakeDad -- we are not at all surprised that you got it with Captain Davey Lubin aboard the Esther G. I know there is a web site but I am blanking on exactly what it is called -- but I am sure you can access it if you search for the "Esther G" -- not only is Davey a great guide but since his boat only holds six passengers the whole experience is not only fun but very personal. We went out with him on a very grey, rough day last June. Upfront he offered us our money back if we did not want to risk the seas -- we went anyway and he still showed us a great time. If I am ever in Sitka again, I will probably book with him again.

SakeDad - we are eagerly awaiting your review.

Hi Nathan:

Welcome home and thanks so much for that great photo - that has a definite 'WOW" factor.

Soooooo, how did Mom enjoy her Stateroom? I'm hoping that you two had a blast and it certainly seems that maybe you did.

Looking forward to hearing all about the trip when you have recovered from the trip back home and have some time to post your thoughts.

Valerie:)

Wow !!!!!! :D What a great whale tail !!!!!! You are really an exceptional photographer. I have looked at your photos and they are superb. What camera did you take this with ?? Anxious to read your review and see the other shots. gg

Here's just ONE of the many pictures I'll be putting on my website from the trip. LOVED the Noordam and Alaska and the SA Suite and the Neptune Lounge and the.....OK OK...the review will come soon. In the meantime, enjoy this pic as much as I enjoyed taking it!:D

http://sakedad.smugmug.com/photos/156765910-S.jpg

Great picture! Even though I have taken many Alaska whale watching trips (and many cool pictures!:eek: )....your picture makes me want to go again.:)

Welcome home - I know it's difficult getting back to real life after a cruise, but I can't wait to read your review and hear about your Mom's reaction to the suite. By the way, great photo; one in a million.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Great shot, welcome home! we've been anxiously awaiting your review of your trip. Was your mother surprised by the suite upgrade? We'll be looking forward to your criuse photos. Would love to here more about your excursion in Sitka as we're still trying to decide what to do there ourselves. I took this past Friday off to go out to Stellwagen bank to photograph humpback feeding, I got some nice shots but nothing close to the amazing backdrop of Alaska. Please post on here when you have your photos up online. Welcome home

I was able to keep the SS to SA upgrade a BIG secret:D Once we were in the room and she decided the chair on the verandah would be HER place for the week I gave her the sheet describing what she had access to with the SS....she was very impressed.:) Then I told her I had a surprise and we had been upgraded to a suite and gave her the sheet that explained what THAT meant.....here is her reaction!!!:eek:

MomReaction.jpg.13589ca348a8a70e04092d9daf87c2e1.jpg

Archived