Spa Massages...how much do they cost?

are they worth it? enjoyable?

THANK YOU

It's been a few cruises since I've had a massage, but the last one was aboard Infinity. It was heavenly! I fell asleep on the table. When I got up and dressed, I was relaxed for the rest of the day.

I don't recall what I paid, but I know it was over $100 and well worth it.

It all depends on the tech you get - I've had fabulous massages that were totally worth the price and I've had mediocre ones that weren't worth the $100 plus tip (for a basic massage; things like hot stones cost quite a bit more).

This is so true. It really does depend on the tech. And there's no telling until it's done.

Using a diamond level 20% discount coupon brings the price down to a comparable USA land based massage. It's like getting the tip for free if you tip 20%. I had one guy use the hot stones, part of the time anyway, on a basic $99 massage just because he likes using them. I thought that was nice.

On my last Carnival cruise, they called me the night before the last sea day and asked if I'd be interested in an hour long session split between a massage and mini facial the next morning. $60 was the offer. Well, sure! They knew who to call. :) God knows I needed it. I made it clear when I got there that I wasn't feeling well and if she tried to get me to buy products it would ruin the whole thing for me. She was wonderful...and no sales pitch.

Yes - WELL worth it! One of my favorite things to do on a cruise! Depends what type you get - Swedish about 100-120 for 50 mins. My worst massage was on the Zenith - old ship, paper thin walls and the woman in the next room decided to talk thru whole massage - yikes! My best, Robert from Italy on the Constellation - OH MY he was AMAZING. The spa on Connie is incredible. Also, the spa on HAL Noordam superb also!

My husband and I did a couples massage on Voyager in February for about $300 (including tip). I have had many massages, and this was by far the worst. My husband gives better massages and doesn't charge me nearly as much. ;) It was my husband's first and probably last massage. He was very disappointed, especially with the cost. I'll continue to get massages, but not on board. As others have indicated, it really is the tech that you get. How unlucky were we that we both had techs that weren't worth a darn? :cool:

I have had massages on three of my four cruises. Although the quality was nice all three times, it is a bit pricier than I pay for similar treatments on land. The biggest negative was at the end when I am nice and relaxed that the masseuse would try to push my buying multiple products and had a written list of recommended items for me. In the future I plan to make it clear prior to the treatment that I am not interested in hearing about any prodcut recommendations but only want the massage itself.

Not worth money IMO. The 50 min. massages are almost twice what I pay here in the metro Boston area which is not an inexpensive area compared to other parts of the country. Also, the sales pitch is totally annoying. I would much rather get a massage at home before or after I sail and dream about my cruise!! As always, JMO!

I have had massages on three of my four cruises. Although the quality was nice all three times, it is a bit pricier than I pay for similar treatments on land. The biggest negative was at the end when I am nice and relaxed that the masseuse would try to push my buying multiple products and had a written list of recommended items for me. In the future I plan to make it clear prior to the treatment that I am not interested in hearing about any prodcut recommendations but only want the massage itself.
Good luck with that hope it works but I would tend to doubt. No harm in trying, that sales pitch is bad.

My hubby and I did the couples massage in a cabana while in Labadee (on the Mariner cruise) and it cost $249. A little more than I would normally pay at home, but it was well worth the treat.

Erika

• 1 month later...
How do you book services in Labadee? Is that only when you get there, or through the spa anytime you are on the ship?

You can book Labadee while on the ship.

Also, for others reading this beyound when the OP posted...this is the spa menu from Freedom of the Seas emailed to me by the concierge before our cruise

Spa

Some Favorites

Ionithermie Algae Detox

This exclusive European body correction treatment reduces cellulite, detoxifies and re-mineralizes the body. Through the power of algae externally detoxifying the body, you will lose 1-8 inches from the stomach, thighs and buttocks. A special homecare regime will be explained and recommended.

For maximum benefits, follow up with the anti cellulite homecare maintenance kit.

La Therapie Hydralift Facial

Using a unique blend of science and nature, this result driven facial is both deep cleansing, re-hydrating and anti-aging. This corrective facial reduces fine lines, puffiness, blemishes, pigmentation, scarring, dark circles and acne. It suits all skin types and guarantees no breakout.

Aromaspa Seaweed Massage

Excellent for soothing aches, pains, arthritis or just stiff joints. Receive a relaxing scalp massage and a wonderful pressure point foot massage while cocooned in a warm therapeutic seaweed mask. After your soothing shower, relax as your therapist massages up the back of your body starting with your legs, back and finally your neck and shoulders. 1 hour and 25 minutes long, the benefits last up to 5 weeks.

Absolute Face & Body Experience

This exclusive treatment combines reflexology followed by drainage massage on the calves, firming massage on the thighs, pressure point massage up the back, around the shoulders & on to the neck. Culminating in a deep scalp massage with a relaxing 45-minute facial.

Aromastone therapy

The deep penetrating heat of volcanic basalt stone is combined with traditional massage and aromatherapy techniques to release muscular tension, producing a state of deeper relaxation.

Gentle Touch Teeth Whitening

Just one cosmetic process, no messy trays, no harsh toxins used and results are immediate. Included is an ongoing maintenance program to maintain your smile.

Spa and Salon

Deck 12 Forward

Any Cancellations must be made 24 hours before appointment to avoid a 50% cancellation charge

Spa

Menu of Spa Services

La Therapie Hydralift Facial*…………..……..50 Minutes $120

Elemis Pro – Collagen Facial……………….…50 Minutes $120

Miracle Micro-Therapy (includes facial)……….50 minutes $169

Mini Miracle Micro-Therapy …………....……..30 Minutes $89

Ionithermie Algae Detox*………..……..…….One Session $145

Aromaspa Ocean Wrap Seaweed Massage*......85 Minutes $194

With a Mini Spa Facial $240

Aroma Stone Therapy Massage*…..….….…....75 Minutes $193

Absolute Face & Body Experience*..………...105 Minutes $194

Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow……..……...75 Minutes $196

Couples Massage and Float Combo*..…....…....50 Minutes $179

Swedish Massage………………….………..….50 Minutes $120

Deep Tissue Massage…………………….….....50 Minutes $128

Reflexology…………...……………..……....…50 Minutes $120

Reflex-combo (Reflexology and Massage)….....50 Minutes $120

Foot and Ankle Massage………………………...25 Minutes $39

Frangipani Scalp Massage…………...……......…25 Minutes $29

Teeth Whitening……………………….…….…40 Minutes $199

Spa Manicure………...$44 Spa Pedicure….….$61

Paraffin Manicure…....$59 Paraffin Pedicure...$79

Find out more about the best styles to compliment your coloring and features. Let our hair stylists give you some free advice and change the way you look. Free hair consultation for color, cut and restyle

Recommended top six Spa services*

For more information, please contact the

Spa or call 6982

Any cancellations must be made 24 hours before the appointment to avoid a 50%

cancellation charge

I had the split (Mini-Facial and Mini-Massage) for $70 plus tip. It was excellent and I just enjoyed the item of being pampered. My DH had gone on an excursion so I spent the morning at the spa then a little shopping on shore. Great day! Best to watch for the specials in your daily Compass although sometimes the Spa Staff is near the Windjammer passing out flyers. I happen to like their products very much and use the La Therapie Face Milk and Cream --- yes, very pricey but my skin is very finickity and this stuff doesn't cause me any problems.

Kathy:)

I have had very good ones and not so good ones. I pretty much decided that I would probably save that money from now on and get a message either before or after the cruise. They tend to more expensive then if you had one done locally. Also they tend to push the products heavily. Usually that would be the end of it but I had an unusually pushy person this last time. She also jumped up on the table with me, stood over me and focused all of her body weight on the small of my back!:eek: Can you say OUCH!

Archived