Be Honest!!!!!!

My Son and DIL went to Alaska on the Carnival Spirit. Their 1st Cruise -

When they got back you would have thought they were on completely different ships. He loves everything about the cruise, couldn't say enought about how much he enjoyed it. She, on the other hand, hated it - did not have one good thing to say about any part of it.

I - knowing them each so well........was not surprised by their competely different feeling. That is why I take most reviews on this board with a grain of salt. I am booked on the Elation, July 19th, its a cruise, I will love it and have fun........because that is me! ;)

Vie Lee

Hopefully the OP won't find out that we caused that to happen them too. a032.gif

Hey can I have the give people white screen button for awhile?

I'm getting kind of bored with the duplicate peoples posts button.

ROFL. maybe it was more like getting the white screen twice was a gift to re-think the post, but the gift was thrown away, LOL.

Sup true, this is getting boring.:cool: Where's the "shave of all shaves" thread?

To the OP I am sorry that everything went so bad on your cruise. Elation was our first ship to sail on in Oct. 2005 and it was wonderful. I do understand that every sailing is different and everyone's experience is different.

If I read what you wrote by being honest in the way you meant it, I felt you maybe meant to not sugar coat the negativites so others will not think their trip will be perfect. Is that correct? If so I felt it needed to be said.

It does seem that you get a much better response from people on the board when you are positive. Although I have never had an experience that even came close to yours, I did have a less than I expected experience when we sailed on the Conquest. After reading how "ugly" some people can get about making a negative comment it has left me wondering myself if people are alittle scared to mention the negatives.

On one thread a person was continually called a troll. I believe we can all be much kinder on this board. I believe we can state our differences without being rude to each other.

I agree.

Actually sounds pretty fair. Not a very detailed review but listing the good and the bad fairly.

Never sailed on the Elation so I can't really comment on most of it, but you do need to remember that the kids will change every cruise, just like the other passengers. So you can't put too much blame on the ship for that.

I agree.....and DarkJedi....I HAVE to ask you about the pic!! Is that really a slit up to the waist of your companion's dress?? Sorry, I know...VERY off topic!

Jennifer

Cheap cruises attract cheap cruisers.

We found that out the hard way. Manners out the window, and speech that made my skin crawl.

We made the best of it, and moved when things weren't to our liking.

Now I keep my eyes out for those "deep cut" bargains, and book somewhere else.

I disagree.

Just because I have to watch my pennies doesn't mean I am a cheap cruiser. It simply means that I work very hard for my money and that I want to make the most of every dollar. And it doesn't mean that I am without manners or have inappropriate speech. Please do not put me in a class of people when you know nothing about me.

I agree that everyone's experience is different. What doesn't bother some will ruin a cruise for others. To each his own. Everyone should post reviews honestly and let readers decide for themselves. And no question is stupid.

I joined CC hoping to get some valuable information on our upcoming cruise. Which I have. But, I am also reading more tackiness regarding posts. Please can we just keep it pleasant!

Maybe the point was that cheap cruises attract younger people which leads to a more wild crowd. The cheaper cruises are also usually for older ships. The point was that spending less for an older ship with a more wild crowd might not be the way to go for some people. I am not going to say that I shelter my kids too much. But I prefer that they not be exposed too much to people who are out of control with their drinking who also are dropping F-Bombs indiscriminately. I don't think the post you quoted was tacky in any way.

Number 1, maybe you have nothing to brag about, except your lack tact! And "lack of home training" comment is just confusing!

It has nothing to do with whether or not one has something to brag about. But since you are confused by such a simple statement as "lacks home training," any further explanation would be a complete waste of time.

LOL....you funny girl!!! Maybe you need to review your "home training" lessons before you start criticizing others. I'm sure it's on page 5 or 6.......I would have thought that someone with your upbringing would show more decorum and not get into a "pissing" match!

That comment was not at all confusing, for those of us who have had some. ;)

Oh my! Not only have you taken a "shot" at me and crusinmama but our parents as well!! Just trying to "pile on"? How many pages did you skip?

Has anyone done this yet? Just curious......

I would have to say, not many.......

Well, I think a lot of people aren't 100% honest because they get slammed for doing so, even if they post negatives in a "nice" way. While I could care less if someone wants to flame me for posting my honest opinion, some aren't quite as apt to do so. I've only been on CC for about 4 months and I've seen this scenario happen quite often, so I'm sure you veterans have seen it as well. Even if you post the most perfectly balanced review (between good and bad) someone (or in some cases, someones!) will pick your negatives out of the whole review and bicker, argue and flame you for being so "negative" about their beloved ship/cruiseline/product whatever! :)

That being said, I usually do not take reviews 100% seriously, nor do I base my cruise plans off of them alone. What could totally destroy a vacation for one person may just roll off another's back. Even something as "bad" as a dysfunctional/"unsanitary" toilet can go either way for anybody. Some would be enraged about it, some would just say "Oh well, I'll use the bathroom in my cabin". It's all each individual's preferences and expectations, which makes even those most elemental things (such as cleanliness, etc..) subjective. Hope that makes sense! :)

To the OP: Your signature states you've been on a few other Carnival cruises. Did you ever have this type of experience before?

Very well said.

I thought some of you might like to read the post below that was posted by the OP on the 55+board a couple of hours before the post was made on this board. I for one don't find this one offensive at all. It is not a glowing review but it seems like a fair review of what happened without attacking anyone else for their opinions. I wonder why the change in attitude when posting on this board? It makes me wonder if the attack on the credibility of the other posters here (reviews on the ship) was the intent.

We just returned from the Carnival Elation, 6 day cruise.....

OMG! What a mess!!!!!!! The teenagers, onboard were like a "gang" of hoodlums! They held other children in elevators, against their will, terrifying them; they beat-up two children so badly that they gave them bruises and a sprained ankle!!!! They ran up and down hallways and staircases, banging on doors very late at night; they ran screaming and pushing their way through crowds of people! It was ridiculous!!!

They were finally detained by the security, onboard! They're parents were at the pool or out drinking!!!!

One parent (of a child who was beat up) is going to file a "criminal complaint!" Upon arrival in San Diego!

My husband and I, who were witnesses to some of the antics, were asked to fill out a "witness" form! Of which we did!

Other than that......the cruise was truly just "hoo-hum"!

The entertainment gets a "10+" The dancers were wonderful and the comedians were excellent!!!!!

The food gets a "5" (both at the buffet and the dining room!) BORING! BORING! BORING!

The crew everywhere but the dining room and entertainers get a "4"

Our room steward was wonderful and gets a "9+"....toilet paper seemed to be a premium.......He loses on replacing it!!!!!

The overall cleanliness of the ship is very good!

There is very little signs of "wear of tear" in public spaces...EXCEPT...

...The public restrooms....."blow dryers" for hand washing?? And, horribly stained toilets...with no seat covers.....:eek: YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

The furniture and toilet seats in the cabins really need repair.....they look so worn and torn.....

The SMELL on the Riviera Deck (especially towards the back of the ship) is so disgusting that getting room service was not an option.....who can eat while smelling sewer gases?????:eek: BIG! BIG! YUCK!!!!!

We apprised the "Information Desk" of all of the above.......

We met some truly wonderful people on board (inspite of the difficulty with some of the children and their parents!)

We will not be taking Carnival again........There are lots of choices out there and we're booked on them!!!!!:p

Oh my! Not only have you taken a "shot" at me and crusinmama but our parents as well!!

That's ok, I can take it. :D ;) And my British mama (yes I am half British even though I have the full hot blooded temper of my Italian dad) can take it too...lol. :p

I thought some of you might like to read the post below that was posted by the OP on the 55+board a couple of hours before the post was made on this board. I for one don't find this one offensive at all. It is not a glowing review but it seems like a fair review of what happened without attacking anyone else for their opinions. I wonder why the change in attitude when posting on this board? It makes me wonder if the attack on the credibility of the other posters here (reviews on the ship) was the intent.

i agree, donna. tone is completely different here. wow. still evident that she wasn't thrilled w/ the cruise, and it's a shame that the bad apples that seemed to be onboard w/ her ruined her experience for the entire CCL fleet, but there are no personal attacks in this post. interesting.

That's ok, I can take it. :D ;) And my British mama (yes I am half British even though I have the full hot blooded temper of my Italian dad) can take it too...lol. :p

Oh! piss it! :p :D LOL! i love the Brits' sense of humor. we shld all lighten up like them!

Can't we all just, get along ?:cool:

Rather than directing your comment towards me, perhaps you should direct towards the OP. I still stand behind what I said. The OP called Elation review writers Liars (her words, not mine.) AND read below. It's obvious after reading her review on the 55+ board, the OP wanted to stir up trouble on the Carnival board.

WOW!!!!

First....let me give a huge apology to those of you who thought I was calling you a "liar", personally! I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone! I am sorry for that reaction!

I love cruising...And, you're correct..it does beat any day at work!

I'm also a "glass is always half full" kind of person, always have been and always will be!!!!....For those of you who know me, you know how true that is!!!!

We were on NCL and had some pretty horrific experiences, as well. I shared them on CC. I won't cruise them again, either. I won't be missed....there are lots of people who love them and enjoy all that they have to offer.....I didn't.

I had a fabulous time on Celebrity/Princess and Holland America. I will definitely cruise them again and again!!!! Were the cruises "perfect?"...No way...but, again, some things need and can be overlooked. What happened on Elation could not be!!!!!

We cruised on Jubilee in 1994 and had a wonderful time.....

This will not discourage me from cruising....nothing could!!!!! I LOVE IT TOO MUCH!!!!

I'm an old sea hag! (Boy, how sorry will I be that I said that?) :o

I took no shots at anyone. I'm glad you weren't offended simply because another poster thought you should be! :p

After reading all of the posts here, I have to throw in my 2 cents. My DW and I sailed the Elation on 3/31/07 and had a great time. We have sailed on 50% of all the Fantasy class ship and we enjoy them. yes they are older, but we seem to get more personalized attention. We have also sailed on the Glory and we are booked for the Freedom next.

We have never had a bad time on a Carnival Ship. We also never had a completely 100 % trouble free cruise either. But, we are on a cruise, what could be better then that.

In our reviews, we always post the good, bad, and ugly of each cruise since we have found this site.

As far as one expressing themselves, I spent 20 years in the U.S. Army protecting the rights of other people to say what they want without regard if I agree or disagree with their statements. That is every American's birth right.

WOW!!!!

First....let me give a huge apology to those of you who thought I was calling you a "liar", personally! I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone! I am sorry for that reaction!

I love cruising...And, you're correct..it does beat any day at work!

I'm also a "glass is always half full" kind of person, always have been and always will be!!!!....For those of you who know me, you know how true that is!!!!

We were on NCL and had some pretty horrific experiences, as well. I shared them on CC. I won't cruise them again, either. I won't be missed....there are lots of people who love them and enjoy all that they have to offer.....I didn't.

I had a fabulous time on Celebrity/Princess and Holland America. I will definitely cruise them again and again!!!! Were the cruises "perfect?"...No way...but, again, some things need and can be overlooked. What happened on Elation could not be!!!!!

We cruised on Jubilee in 1994 and had a wonderful time.....

This will not discourage me from cruising....nothing could!!!!! I LOVE IT TOO MUCH!!!!

I'm an old sea hag! (Boy, how sorry will I be that I said that?) :o

Roz, have you tried any of the newer Carnival ships? Just a question...

I cruised on an older RCL ship, had a time very similar to your Elation review... will never step foot on that ship again, but I DO intend to try the newer RCL ships, because I have heard they are MUCH better... don't discount Carnival completely... when you go on the cheaper, shorter cruises, there is going to be a different crowd, perhaps different attitudes from staff (though I have had GREAT service on older and newer ships!!!!)... it's a completely different experience... I would guess that on nearly any cruise line, the shorter, cheaper cruises aren't going to get the same glowing reviews as the newer longer cruises... You chose an older ship, during a time when many schools were out... try a newer ship, when school is in... I think you will find a completely different experience... no lie :p

Archived