St. Simons Island lodging ideas

beachlover1

If this is in the wrong area for this post, I apoligize. But I need information on "reasonable" lodging for one night post-cruise on St. Simons Island. Need not be fancy but must be clean and would prefer oceanfront (or very near). I would appreicate any suggestions!

If this is in the wrong area for this post, I apoligize. But I need information on "reasonable" lodging for one night post-cruise on St. Simons Island. Need not be fancy but must be clean and would prefer oceanfront (or very near). I would appreicate any suggestions!

What Carnival Ship goes to St. Simons?

Fred

None that I know of- Let me explain we are driving from Port of Miami "Post Cruise". St. Simon's Island is the half-way point. I thought someone on these boards who is more familiar with the area could give me a suggestion for a hotel for one night.

Have never had the chance to go to St Simons Island yet, but have always wanted to, and hope to be able to go there in the near future.

However, if you like to read, there is a lady named "Eugenia Price" that lived there and wrote several books on St. Simons. I have read all her books, and when I read "The St Simons Trilogy" back when I was a young woman, that is when I fell in love with St. Simons.

It is a three volume set, Lighthouse, Vol 1, New moon Rising, Vol 2, and The Beloved Invader, Vol 3.. Hope you have a wonderful time there and would love to see pictures if you can post them.:)

See....I knew you guys would help me out. To vacruizer--hello neighbor. Drew's Wife, I love to read, love trilogys. I will be checking these books out thanks. Have you ever read the Big Stone Gap trilogy by Adriana Trigiani. These are really good stories but I guess I'm partial to the location. :) I love the stories by Dorothea Benton (not sure of the name) about Pawley's island and other surrounding SC beaches.

See....I knew you guys would help me out. To vacruizer--hello neighbor. Drew's Wife, I love to read, love trilogys. I will be checking these books out thanks. Have you ever read the Big Stone Gap trilogy by Adriana Trigiani. These are really good stories but I guess I'm partial to the location. :) I love the stories by Dorothea Benton (not sure of the name) about Pawley's island and other surrounding SC beaches.

My family has owned a house in Pawleys Island for years. Not only is it a beautiful island, there are no businesses on the island and only one small condo building on the island.

Back in the 1970s when the first condo building went up, the residents banded together, incorporated the island as a town, and banned everything but single family homes.

There are still three B&Bs on the island that were grandfathered in.

There is also a historic section of Pawleys with some of the beach homes dating back 200 years.

http://www.townofpawleysisland.com/

BTW, the Jekyll Island Inn is spectacular!

This is an excellent place and the price is not too bad.

Saint Simons Inn contact BenPierce@StSimonsInn.com

We've stayed there. It's nice and close to the beach and pier area. I believe St. Simon's Island is my favorite place in the world. Granted, I haven't been to many different countries, but the island is beautiful and peaceful. I was trying to upload some of our pictures from our last post-cruise night, but I can't get it to work.

No I haven't read those, but I will check them out! Thank you. I need to get some reading material for our trip we are leaving on next week. Going to DC and NYC, but going by train!:) I'm really excited, but it is a long trip so I will need some new reading material.

Archived