Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

The President of Israel came all that way just to see Horton?? :eek:

Ya know, if the Syrian/Iranian and a few other countries leaders, in the middle east, would take one dog from CCI and focus on training/raising and playing with it, there would be no issues over there. They'd be too darn busy to plan wars, make bombs and work on ways to destroy others.

I would love to introduce Horton to Mr. Peres, I bet he'd love him!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Ya know, if the Syrian/Iranian and a few other countries leaders, in the middle east, would take one dog from CCI and focus on training/raising and playing with it, there would be no issues over there. They'd be too darn busy to plan wars, make bombs and work on ways to destroy others.

I would love to introduce Horton to Mr. Peres, I bet he'd love him!

So young and already a legend in his own time; Go Horton.

Every time you mention his name I instantly think....

MV5BMTI3NDA3ODE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE0MzU1MQ@@._V1._SX300_SY425_.jpg

For those who like wine :D . . .

Cru Vin Dogs (http://www.cruvindogs.com/index.cfm) will donate $1 for every bottle purchased to CCI or other animal service/rescue organizations. You get to pick the donee when you check out.

Ordered a couple bottles and will report back on how they taste soon!

Please let us know. I will support them if their product is good!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5L25cszcmoDH073h6QsHDfVsMjHZoVVGTkQOpvHOn5xlhSxb0dQ

It's my Horty.......What a great picture! My friend, at work, bought me a stuffed Horton, who was greeting me on my chair, when I came back from Team Training.

I am so absolutely crazy about this dog, who tried to run through a sliding glass door this morning. He got so stunned that he wouldn't eat breakfast [shocking!] It took him a minute or two to gather his wits before he could even eat. Now he's back to normal. Gotta watch glass doors and Horton. :eek:

Instantly think "hoo" not "what" :D (And I do too)

Me too!!!! I think big, blue elephant.

I never knew that CCI allowed us to change our dogs names. The dog ALWAYS remains the same at CCI but we're allowed to change it, if we want to, at home. They asked me if I wanted to change his name because it's such a distraction to the public. I said; "look at this dog, seriously, he is Horton!" He is such an elephant in everything he does and this morning's caper, where he tried to run through a glass door literally shook our whole house!!!!!

He's a comic book character, a Dr. Suess pin-up, a Disney delight. He's "MY HORTON!"

It's my Horty.......What a great picture! My friend, at work, bought me a stuffed Horton, who was greeting me on my chair, when I came back from Team Training.

I am so absolutely crazy about this dog, who tried to run through a sliding glass door this morning. He got so stunned that he wouldn't eat breakfast [shocking!] It took him a minute or two to gather his wits before he could even eat. Now he's back to normal. Gotta watch glass doors and Horton. :eek:

Omg Roz!! Poor Horty!! You are lucky he didn't knock himself out cold.

I never knew you could change the dogs name. That seems kinda kooky, the dog has had the name for 2 years. One of the dogs in our puppy class didn't make it and it became a search and rescue dog. I was told they HAD to change the name of the dog. If its not a CCI dog they have to change it? Maybe :confused:

Only a week or so til your cruise!!! You must be excited. I hope Horty does well. I have just put a cabin on hold for a cruise next Jan. Now I get to talk John into it. He was looking at it last night so he's interested. I tried to explain to him that we can throw money on it each month so we don't get slammed with the whole balance in the fall. He usually doesn't like to book til Aug. This way I can also get a cheap flight when they are posted. Plus it gives my son more time to come up with the money so maybe we don't have to end up paying for most of his trip. :eek: He has already given us 150. Thats his flight to Fla. Hahaha If he wants to get back home, he better give me some more. I also booked a suite :eek: They have this awesome bumpout suite we stayed in once before. Keep your fingers crossed that John gives in!!!! :D

Omg Roz!! Poor Horty!! You are lucky he didn't knock himself out cold.

I never knew you could change the dogs name. That seems kinda kooky, the dog has had the name for 2 years. One of the dogs in our puppy class didn't make it and it became a search and rescue dog. I was told they HAD to change the name of the dog. If its not a CCI dog they have to change it? Maybe :confused:

Only a week or so til your cruise!!! You must be excited. I hope Horty does well. I have just put a cabin on hold for a cruise next Jan. Now I get to talk John into it. He was looking at it last night so he's interested. I tried to explain to him that we can throw money on it each month so we don't get slammed with the whole balance in the fall. He usually doesn't like to book til Aug. This way I can also get a cheap flight when they are posted. Plus it gives my son more time to come up with the money so maybe we don't have to end up paying for most of his trip. :eek: He has already given us 150. Thats his flight to Fla. Hahaha If he wants to get back home, he better give me some more. I also booked a suite :eek: They have this awesome bumpout suite we stayed in once before. Keep your fingers crossed that John gives in!!!! :D

Cindy, you're so smart to book early and pay some money each month. It makes the "pocket-book" shock so much less. I love having a cruise in my future. I'm starting to get more and more excited about mine next week.

Horty attended his first event this morning. He was pretty confused in the beginning and then slowly relaxed and realized that he was NOT there to entertain the 400 women in attendance. He's such a wonderful boy and wants to please.......he's just a slow learner!

And, with the names that CCI gives some of their dogs, I think changing it should be an option.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Cindy, you're so smart to book early and pay some money each month. It makes the "pocket-book" shock so much less. I love having a cruise in my future. I'm starting to get more and more excited about mine next week.

Horty attended his first event this morning. He was pretty confused in the beginning and then slowly relaxed and realized that he was NOT there to entertain the 400 women in attendance. He's such a wonderful boy and wants to please.......he's just a slow learner!

And, with the names that CCI gives some of their dogs, I think changing it should be an option.

To Funny Roz!! He sounds even goofier that Wex. These dogs just think everyone is there for them.

Well I talked him into the cruise! WoooooHooooo Now we can pay alittle at a time.

I have been so busy at work and home that I haven't been able to read this thread. But before I leave on my cruise today (14 day Circle Hawaii :)) I wanted to say "Bon Voyage" to Horton, Roz, and your sisters-in-law! Hope Horton does as well as Miss Brenda and this is the first of many, many cruises! :D

Hey Guys huge warning, its happening again...... Our dogs are dying or getting sick due to jerky treats sold in the US but made in China. It appears the dog food scare we had a few years ago was not enough now our beloved pets are dying by kidney failures due to Chicken Jerky treats. The CDC has issued a few warnings about these treats; I am so glad I stopped giving the puppies these treats a long time ago since I do not trust anything coming from that country since the first scare.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toxic-treats-china-killing-us-dogs-pet-owners/story?id=15927579#.T2ShR9ngey0

I have been so busy at work and home that I haven't been able to read this thread. But before I leave on my cruise today (14 day Circle Hawaii :)) I wanted to say "Bon Voyage" to Horton, Roz, and your sisters-in-law! Hope Horton does as well as Miss Brenda and this is the first of many, many cruises! :D

Marcia, you won't see this before you're amazing cruise to Hawaii but I wish you smooth sailing and a glorious 2 weeks on one of my very favorite ships. Please come back and tell us all about it!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your good wishes for my cruise. Somehow, we always manage to be on the high seas at around the same time.

I've booked the Sapphire for October 6th, we'd love to cruise with you again!

Happy sailing dear Marcia.

Hey Guys huge warning, its happening again...... Our dogs are dying or getting sick due to jerky treats sold in the US but made in China. It appears the dog food scare we had a few years ago was not enough now our beloved pets are dying by kidney failures due to Chicken Jerky treats. The CDC has issued a few warnings about these treats; I am so glad I stopped giving the puppies these treats a long time ago since I do not trust anything coming from that country since the first scare.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toxic-treats-china-killing-us-dogs-pet-owners/story?id=15927579#.T2ShR9ngey0

Rice cakes. They're my treat of choice and Virbac Chews. NOTHING else!

Hello everyone

I haven't posted in a while. Don't know if you remember us? My son Anthony has the little apricot poodle hearing dog named Honey. the last time I posted I think we were leaving for Venice to board the Star for the 30 day trans atlantic to Brazil and around Cape Horn and a couple of people asked me to post about how it all went with Honey. Well I have to tell you it was such a pleasure traveling in both Europe AND South America with a service dog. Italy was a breeze flying into and the certificate was only $37.00 from the USAD and not one penny more from any other country on the cruise. And Chile was such a pleasure flying home from. Love, love, love traveling in Europe with a service dog. After last year flying into Singapore to board the Diamond and it costing me almost $1000. in fees for Singapore it made this cruise so much better. We are booked on the Emerald this Oct from Canada and I understand we will have no problems but I am dreading our sailing to Tahiti out of LAX next March. I undertstand Tahiti is a nightmare. We may just not take Honey off the ship. Also we are one of the lucky ones who were able to book the new Royal Princess for next years 18 day maiden trans atlantic voyage. We are sooo happy to be going back to Europe where they love our little Honey.

Any questions about our experiences please feel free to contact me at

loveboat1977@gmail.com

Dee

Dee

Picture posting time again. Here is a buddy of mine with his new dog Charon who is the newest K9 with the local PD. I am not afraid of German Shepherds but I do respect them even though thats all I have ever had. This dog actually scares me; my buddy has been a handler for 15 years now and they just retired his Belgian Malinois who is 12. This GSD is 4 and I was cool with him until my buddy told him about being bit by this dog already. So the dog got real close to me and for once in my life I think I peed a little............ lol Just something about those 38 scissor teeth and 4 k9 teeth being so close to your flesh....

This guys head is so large from all the bite work; even the local trainers do not enjoy being in a bite suit with this dog since he has the bite that would make a Pitbull proud. And yes thats my lil Mustang in the picture, with Blitz's name on the side of the door. Since Blitz goes everywhere with me.

K91M.jpg

k92M.jpg

Mornin' all:

But Jocko, you have to admit he is a handsome boy!

Roz: I am so excited for you and Mr. Horty going on his first cruise. The big goof! You will have you hands full. Hopefully he doesn't knock over a table in the dining room! :o

Cindy: I am so cruise envious right now. It has been since 2006 since we have gone. Far too long. I need to just get it together and start looking for one. Even I am a bit leery of Mexico, which we love. Hubby said look for Alaska in August, before Trav goes back to school. But closest to cruise from is Seattle and I would have to get him there, preferably not on a airplane (his choice) so even added more expense to an already pricey cruise. We shall see. I am such a tight wad! I have been looking at the Hawaii 14 dayers again. They are almost comparible in price to the Alaska cruise with air, plus its 7 days more! Thats sounds more apealing to me..........