Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Well we set up our canopy and table with our group of CCI misfits & dogs yesterday at a local street fair. We met alot of nice people and even some that expressed an interest in becoming puppy raisers. We raised $232 in donations also. We are doing another one on Sept. 21st. It keeps us out of trouble. :D

Well you misfits did a great job .... LOL!! What sort of thing do you sell?? Branded CCI stuff, homebakes? I love these stalls with home made goodies. Yum yum! :D

Good Morning All !

Happy Birthday Morey====Roz, just hve a great remembering day with your children.

As I sit here reading your stories of the fur baby's eating their toys, Pepper, my new baby, is running around the house with her rabbit. She too wants to chew up her toys but so far we have her not doing that and just playing with them. She also has taken over the cats toys. The cats are still hiding under the bed. We had Pepper only a few days and she came down with a cough, turns out she has Kennel cough. so she is on Meds and doing fine. We didn't plan on having a baby but it seems she is less then one yr old, so we are in training and I have been reading these threads to get some ideas. It has been so long since I had a pup. :eek: Right now she has settled down and is sleeping in the cat bed.

Everyone have a great day and keep the stories coming, I love them. Big hugs to all the fur babies.

Trudy, thank you so much for sharing the adventures of Pepper. She is a youngster; you're in for some real fun! Enjoy her! ♥

Remember, be consistent......if I've learned nothing else from living with a dog, it's that they love consistency. If it's a hard fast rule and you want good behavior then stick to it and your life with Pepper will be a joyful one!

I'm so happy for Pepper and for you! ♥

Well you misfits did a great job .... LOL!! What sort of thing do you sell?? Branded CCI stuff, homebakes? I love these stalls with home made goodies. Yum yum! :D

We don't sell anything. We just have a donation jar out for whoever wants to put something in. They do get to play with the dogs if they want. That helps loosen their wallets some. :rolleyes:

We don't sell anything. We just have a donation jar out for whoever wants to put something in. They do get to play with the dogs if they want. That helps loosen their wallets some. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for being such a great supporter of my favorite 501c3 in the world!

You're a great guy!♥

Well we set up our canopy and table with our group of CCI misfits & dogs yesterday at a local street fair. We met alot of nice people and even some that expressed an interest in becoming puppy raisers. We raised $232 in donations also. We are doing another one on Sept. 21st. It keeps us out of trouble. :D

Knowing you, there's all sorts of mischief you could be getting into to!!! :rolleyes: :D

Thank you so much sweet Nancy. I love your support!♥I hope to live a long time, I think Morey's birthday will always be an important day for me!

Your Morey's birthday will always be an important day to you. I am so glad that you had your family around to help you and Horton. I am happy that you were able to share more memories with your family.

Fairbourne I love your stories about Aruba. Thanks for everything you do to help other people. I do like reading and following all of everybodies stories and experiences. Susan

Thank you so much sweet Nancy. I love your support!♥I hope to live a long time, I think Morey's birthday will always be an important day for me!

I am so glad that your family and Horton were able to help you make it through the day. Hopefully, every year will get a little easier, but you will always have your good memories.

Dianne

Hi Roz - I'm glad you had your family around you - I recognised some of my DH in your description of Morey. He even cuts the easy spread butter neatly out of those tubs!!! LOL!

Horton, you are such a good, good boy, unlike like this little tink - see photo!

Photo - this is my old chair I have in my small study and I thought it was very quiet when I was in the kitchen next door, a bit too quiet! - you would think by now I would know how sneaky these dogs are!!! :eek: needless to say, she got short shrift and bundled off as soon as I took this photo! I think her expression says it all really - she knows fine she is not supposed to be there!

Aruba, are you sitting on Mum's chair? You look so regal! ;)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I am so glad that your family and Horton were able to help you make it through the day. Hopefully, every year will get a little easier, but you will always have your good memories.

Dianne

Dianne, thank you for your kind words. You're so right and I know it, it's just so difficult to grasp when you're living through it! Morey and I had a wonderful life together.....I'm very blessed to have known him!

Your Morey's birthday will always be an important day to you. I am so glad that you had your family around to help you and Horton. I am happy that you were able to share more memories with your family.

Fairbourne I love your stories about Aruba. Thanks for everything you do to help other people. I do like reading and following all of everybodies stories and experiences. Susan

Susan, thank you for your kind words!

The best part is a lot of folks reading this can live Fairbourne's and DKD's experiences by becoming a Puppy Raiser themselves. They can contact Canine Companions for Independence [online] or call: 1-800-572-2275 [572-BARK] and ask for more information about getting involved.

CCI has changed my life in so many ways. They're an amazing Org. If you live in Texas they'll be opening a new CCI and offering dogs in conjunction with a health center. They're all over the U.S. If you have a loved one or friend that you think could have a better life with the assistance of one of these miracle workers tell them to call. So many people have no idea about them.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a commercial but I'm always thrilled to share my experiences with CCI with others.

got a funny story about toys - Lucy my choc lab has about 100 stuffed animals - I work for a hardware wholesaler and I always bring her toys back from trade shows. She has a chest full in the living room, and a basket upstairs and another one in the den. Whenever anyone comes to visit she always grabs a mouthful of toys to greet with. In seven years she has only chewed up maybe one toy...

Anyway we have about 5 or 6 of the same stuffed animal - a little stuffed dog. One day I came home and she had gathered up 4l of the same toy - from 3 different baskets and chests, and had them all in a semi-circle on the floor; she had only picked out the toys that matched exactly.

got a funny story about toys - Lucy my choc lab has about 100 stuffed animals - I work for a hardware wholesaler and I always bring her toys back from trade shows. She has a chest full in the living room, and a basket upstairs and another one in the den. Whenever anyone comes to visit she always grabs a mouthful of toys to greet with. In seven years she has only chewed up maybe one toy...

Anyway we have about 5 or 6 of the same stuffed animal - a little stuffed dog. One day I came home and she had gathered up 4l of the same toy - from 3 different baskets and chests, and had them all in a semi-circle on the floor; she had only picked out the toys that matched exactly.

What????? :confused: She's a genius! What a smart girl, that's so adorable. I wish I could have seen it. These dogs never cease to amaze me!

Cute story. I was picturing every room you were describing! ;)

We finally got baby pictures of Davis from the CCI Breeder/Caretaker. Here he is at less than 8 weeks old. He don't look like that no more!! :eek:

b078f88c-4928-4525-ae37-49a29e8b1abf.jpg

Oh! No! Give me that baby! Who doesn't love them at this age? So, so cute and pudgy!!!!

I have NO PICTURES of either Brenda or Horton at this age. Their puppyrasiers, as wonderful as they were, just didn't take the time to capture those fabulous puppy and youngster moments. Too bad, because they're pups for such a short time. And, even though they look a lot alike, they're all so different. :)

If there are any breeder/caretaker's/puppyraisers out there who are reading this......PLEASE, PLEASE take pictures of the puppy's and toddlers for all the folks who will have these wonderful dogs in their lives. It would mean so much to them, I promise you!!!!

I treasure the pictures I've taken of Brenda and Horton since the day I got them.

And, the painting that Trudy did of Brenda just gives me shivers, how she captured her eyes and her expression......I love it so much!

It is good that CCI is going to work with the VA to provide qualified service dogs for the Vets that truly need them. A couple of problems I see, my opinion. Is the Vet truly in need of a PTSD dog,or are they faking it? My son has seen some people fake their PTSD to get out of things. What would it do to the real PTSD vets now that have trained their dog to help them? I wish them all good luck with the training and future training of the public,also. Susan