Millie "worries"

ATLfuzzy

Hello all

I am looking very forward to an upcoming Med. sailing on Millie. I will be honest, although I have never said this out loud, that when I booked this almost a year ago I was a little nervous. Because of "that" problem that Millie has been dealing with. But I booked her anyway. The fact that she went in for drydocking (April-ish I believe), made me feel better.

But then this last week. Tragic for so many people. Problem stemming from power/electrical (or something related to power). Now I can't help but wonder if I made a huge mistake. Tell me otherwise?

I love Mercury and Galaxy, and thought I'd try one of the M class sisters. I'm well within the no cancel period, so I guess its a null point.

I guess I'm whining and looking for positive encouragement.

Cheers:(

Relax- we don't know what happened yet but I am sure that they are going to great pains to remedy the situation. It isn't in Celebrity's best interest to have to keep giving away cruises! Your 8/17 cruise will be fine.

I am supposed to cruise on 7/24 and am not worried. If worse comes to worse- we will just have to do a land trip instead or postpone it. But there is no sense in worrying needlessly.

What happened to Millenium was a fluke and an accident. Just be glad you were on the ill-fated June 30th voyage.

Relax- If worse comes to worse- we will just have to do a land trip instead or postpone it. But there is no sense in worrying needlessly.

What happened to Millenium was a fluke and an accident. Just be glad you were on the ill-fated June 30th voyage.

I know..I know...worrying doesn't help anything. I shall try!

In fact, since she's sailing out for Palermo tonight, and the dry dock for the props won't take all that long, they're looking at what other projects they can do on her with the extra time - you're likely to see her all glittery and fresh looking.

Now I can't help but wonder if I made a huge mistake. Tell me otherwise? I love Mercury and Galaxy, and thought I'd try one of the M class sisters. I'm well within the no cancel period, so I guess its a null point.(

Was on the Galaxy 3x. The 2nd time was June 2001 when one of our props hit a lock leaving Amsterdam... which explains why I had to be on it a THIRD time :cool: . (The cruise was cancelled on day 2 and went to dry dock on day 6.) Anyway, we made the best of a "situation" and got the 3rd cruise free so tried it again that same August. Fabulous. That being said as background........

we were on Millie 09/2005 to the Med. (The year prior we had a WONDERFUL Med. cruise on the Royal Princess that we thought couldn't be topped.) Millie's itinerary was wonderful and we couldn't compare her to Royal or vice versa as they were both unique trips. We LOVED MILLIE. WE LOVED HER ITINERARY TO THE MED/GREEK ISLES/WE LOVED THE PEOPLE.

You couldn't have picked a better time to go; she'll be spiffed up, the crew will work really hard for extra tips, you'll be ON VACATION!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy and don't worry, it'll all work out just as it's supposed to!;)

ATLfuzzy - you might also go to celebrity and check out current prices for your sailing. I am not sure if they are related but I just got a good reduction on a Millennium sailing. It seems they have dropped prices on a number of sailings.

ATLfuzzy - you might also go to celebrity and check out current prices for your sailing.

Good idea! A few weeks ago I did note a price drop, and I got moved to CC for LESS than what I was paying for Verandah. However, now it appears the ship is closer to capacity (I suppose with everyone switching around). Looks like it will be a nice, full sailing. Cheers!!

Was on the Galaxy 3x. The 2nd time was June 2001 when one of our props hit a lock leaving Amsterdam... which explains why I had to be on it a THIRD time :cool: . (The cruise was cancelled on day 2 and went to dry dock on day 6.) Anyway, we made the best of a "situation" and got the 3rd cruise free so tried it again that same August. Fabulous. That being said as background........

We were on the cruise in 06/2001 immediately after usavvy2. We had a pre-cruise stay planned in Amsterdam and went even though we were nervous, as we had learned about the prop damage on Cruise Critic. We were so glad to see Galaxy in port the morning of our cruise, and had a wonder, wonderful Baltic cruise. In fact, we were on Galaxy again in 01/06, and we lost an engine the first night out, but it was repaired after arriving late in our first port.

Things happen on ALL ships. The cruise lines do their best to repair them, and if the worst happens, they compensate the customer. Now as to the price drop in RCL stock since this disaster, that's another thread.

Relax, enjoy, have fun!

IMHO,

You have every reason to be worried. Even though they have 12 days, I am not positive they will get it all done. I have no inside knowledge but looking at Celebrity and dry-docks and their M-class ships, it will be touchy.

You also have to consider the issue of other work being attempted in the 12 (well really 10-11) days considering they have to get to BCN by the 14th. This is just not an issue with Celebrity but all dry docks for all cruiselines. You never really want to be on a ship right after drydock because of either work not being completed or even areas of the ship not being available.

I hope I am wrong, but I certainly wouldn't trust Celebrity at this point. Keep your eyes on CruiseCritic before you leave for your trip, just in case.

"No, these ships are lemons"

Do you ever read the Cruise Critic home page?

They have a Daily Poll.

Yesterday's poll asked if in view of the problems with Celebrity's ships, would you book a cruise on one of the M-class ships.

3,087 responded....

61% stated NO, THESE SHIPS ARE LEMONS....

I didn't take the poll but one thing to bear in mind- there are many angry passengers at the moment.

I have sailed Millenium across the Atlantic and it was the voyage of a lifetime. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again and plan to on July 24th (assuming all the repairs are done).

You can't assume a ship is a lemon because of an accident. That would be like saying that your car is a lemon because you hit a tree. Maybe it was an electrical or computer problem that caused the accident but I suspect it was human error.

The best ship to sail on is one that just had an accident! Because they aren't going to risk it happening again.

And the fact of the matter is that for all M-class ships most of the sailings go smoothly, the ships are wonderfully designed (except for the pods), the service is truly special and thousands and thousands of people sail repeatedly on the M-class Celebrity ships.

I've done five myself and I can't wait to get on again.

We have sailed all the M class ships more than once and loved each and every cruise from start to finish - looking forward to 7/24 and our sailing from BCN, a cruise we did 4 years ago to great success. This will be our 3rd time on Millie.

I am confident that Celebrity will do all they can to make this journey as memorable as they can - no business wants bad press - so I'm taking the positive route and planning on a great adventure.

Look forward to seeing some of you on board.

JAR

We're also from Atlanta (Roswell) and are on the 8/17 cruise. We can't wait! When are you leaving for Barcelona?

D & D

Hi ATL couple. Small world. We live in Tucker right off Chamblee Tucker, but I work near Roswell. Anyway, we are leaving the evening of the 14th (the Delta flight). Going to do two prenights in Barcelona. What about you?

Looking very forward to it all!

IMHO,

You have every reason to be worried. Even though they have 12 days, I am not positive they will get it all done. I have no inside knowledge but looking at Celebrity and dry-docks and their M-class ships, it will be touchy.

You also have to consider the issue of other work being attempted in the 12 (well really 10-11) days considering they have to get to BCN by the 14th. This is just not an issue with Celebrity but all dry docks for all cruiselines. You never really want to be on a ship right after drydock because of either work not being completed or even areas of the ship not being available.

Well, in my case there are two published sailings before mine (24 July and 5 August if my memory serves me well). So if things go as planned, my sailing would be the 3rd one after this drydocking.

Fingers crossed. I'm thinking good things now.:D

I'm starting to think a ship can be a lemon in the same way that a car can. There are some cars that have ongoing problems, no matter how often they are repaired, even though other cars of the same model are perfectly reliable.

In a similar vane, I think Millennium is a lemon while its sister Constellation has been a very reliable ship.

ATLfuzzy ~ I have been on M-class ships (Millie and Summit) three times and I'm scheduled to sail Constellation in the next seven months. We love the M-class ships. They are among our favorites. You are aware of the challenges that have occurred so you are well informed. Worrying doesn't do you any good at this point. This isn't a scheduled dry dock for Millie so it's not as if they are going to be doing a lot of internal work that won't be finished when you board. The main purpose is to fix the damaged props.

Look forward to your cruise, have a safe trip to Europe and have a great time on vacation. We'll all be anxious to hear from you!

ENJOY!

ATLfuzzy ~ I have been on M-class ships (Millie and Summit) three times..................We'll all be anxious to hear from you!

ENJOY!

Thanks much. If I do nothing else, I promise to give periodic updates on this board, since everyone gave us such detailed reports last week. Cheers!:D

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know that another couple (Sharon and David Bammel) from Buckhead will also be joining you on the Aug. 17th cruise. We can't wait to meet everyone!

Smaller world than I thought. Glad to "meet" you. A few friends said "why are you going to the Med. during summer---its sooooooooooo hot". I told them then I'll be right at home, it will be just like Atlanta!

Check out the roll call for our sailing:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/index.cfm?Ship=167

"No, these ships are lemons"

Do you ever read the Cruise Critic home page?

They have a Daily Poll.

Yesterday's poll asked if in view of the problems with Celebrity's ships, would you book a cruise on one of the M-class ships.

3,087 responded....

61% stated NO, THESE SHIPS ARE LEMONS....

nobody takes those homepage polls seriously,the best info comes from the X pages.Conde Nast rates the Millie near the TOP of the larger ships.THESE SHIPS ARE ANYTHING BUT LEMONS!.Ratings from those who have sailed the ships are for the most part positive.The thread you started that was closed yesterday was 90% against you

Archived