bungee cord question

purplefrog1111

hi all. i asked this question on another thread, but never really got an answer. we are travelling in our first balcony cabin in november and i was wondering what size bungee to bring to hold the balcony door open. my dh has about a million different sizes.

also, is it usually no problem to get the cabin steward to remove the divider between two balconies??

We took a bungee cord on Fantasy and never could hold the door open with it! We ended up just using one of the plastic chairs on the balcony to prop the door open when we wanted it open. Our cord was so springy it just let the door close! There was no where to easily hook it. Also, we took the power strip and never needed it. There were enough outlets for us. The only thing I can remember plugging in was the night light. We don't use hair dryers, but there was a plug in the bathroom and more in the room. Also, my husband cut his face all up using the free razor in the bathroom basket, don't use them!!!!

i was wondering what size bungee to bring to hold the balcony door open. my dh has about a million different sizes.

This is a potential fire hazard.

second that.... huh?? :rolleyes:

We used a 12" one and didn't have a problem. :D

138280664zWORkr_ph.jpg

If you turn the AC OFF fine, but there are lots of people who keep the balcony door open using the bungee while leaving the AC ON. This can result in a strain on the ships electircal system and has the potential of being a fire hazard.

sorry but there is no way that leaving the door in your room open, with the air on is going to put any strain on the electrical system....

OH...I see. You MUST be in the cruise ship heating and air business huh?

sorry but there is no way that leaving the door in your room open, with the air on is going to put any strain on the electrical system....
Would you do it at home?

I heard if you leave the shower running too long it will sink the ship also. Its just one of those unpublished things like the air conditioner that will blow the ship apart!:D

LMAO (wipes away tears) oh no, you didn't just say that....

I heard if you leave the shower running too long it will sink the ship also. Its just one of those unpublished things like the air conditioner that will blow the ship apart!:D

\

AHAHAAAAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

A lot of people talk about leaving the doors open while the air is running. But I wonder how many really do that once onboard. I tired it for a little bit--but it was way too hot out there- and the room wasnt cooling down enough. And all the condensation was everywhere and I felt icky--it just wasnt worth it

Archived