Recent Radiance Passengers - HELP

I'm hoping those of you who have sailed Radiance on the SB Alaska leg (Seward to Vancouver) can tell me what time disembarkation started. I'm trying to book airfare, and any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

I'm hoping those of you who have sailed Radiance on the SB Alaska leg (Seward to Vancouver) can tell me what time disembarkation started. I'm trying to book airfare, and any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

The cruise lines generally suggest that you not book a flight before noon. From my experience I would agree.

There is no good answer to when disembarkation will start. There are a number of reasons that it could be delayed (Clearing the ship by customs/ immigration etc.) Our last cruise out of Miami the Navigator was still disembarking at 11:00 a.m. because of a delay of some sort. If you have transfers provided by the cruise line they will give you some idea of when you should book flights. Canada Place can get pretty congested at times, especially if more than one ship is in port.

. Canada Place can get pretty congested at times, especially if more than one ship is in port.

The Radiance is sailing in and out of Ballantyne, not Canada Place this summer.

Sorry I can't offer debarkation times, however. We are on the sailing after you Patrick!

The Radiance is sailing in and out of Ballantyne, not Canada Place this summer.

Sorry I can't offer debarkation times, however. We are on the sailing after you Patrick!

On the 14 night member cruise?

We were on the recent trip (July 6-13) from Seward to Vancouver. They began disembarkation around 7:45 to 8:00. We got off around 9:15, met our bus to the airport around 9:45, and were checked in, through security, etc. with enough time to grab lunch before our 1:30 boarding of our 1:55 flight. Worked well!

We were on the recent trip (July 6-13) from Seward to Vancouver. They began disembarkation around 7:45 to 8:00. We got off around 9:15, met our bus to the airport around 9:45, and were checked in, through security, etc. with enough time to grab lunch before our 1:30 boarding of our 1:55 flight. Worked well!

Thanks Imurf - this is exactly what I was looking for.

For some reason disembarking in the U.S. and Canadian ports seems to be later than the European ones. I always allow after noon for a flight home, but in Barcelona we made an 11:30 AM flight with about 1.5 hours of sitting around in the airport.

They get into port early, wee hours, in Barcelona.

:mad: This past trip was fine. The last trip, however, was a different story. We did a 5 night Western Caribbean to Cozumel. When we returned to Tampa, we were disembarked around 8 AM or slightly before. We were put promptly on a RC bus to the Tampa airport, even though our flight didn't leave til 4 PM! When we got to the Tampa airport, the airline wouldn't even check us in (allowing us to get rid of the checked luggage) because we were there more than 6 hours before. So, all we could do was pile our luggage on the floor and sit and wait. Finally, the airline checked us in, we went to lunch killing as much time as possible, and then got to the gate by 2 PM, still 2 hours early for the 4 PM flight. Of course, then the 4 PM flight was late as we were flying Delta to Atlanta, so there was more waiting. If I ever have a flight scheduled that late again, I'll make sure I'm the last one off the ship.

Hi MesGirl - This is a neat little tool; thanks for sharing it.

You will be doing US Customs at the Vancouver airport, so leave enough time for that.

You could do the direct transfer with RCL if it is available that day and then you will not have long Customs line ups and go directly to your gate area behind security.

We are on the Sept 7 trip...a one time round trip from Vnacouver before it does the 14 day from van to San Diego. Nowhere that I can see on any of our documents does it mention the words Canada Place OR Ballantyne. We have our set sail docs all printed up and everything. Will we get some hard copy docs in the mail as well, telling us for sure where we leave from, or should I phone? It would be awful for somebody to arrive at Canada Place and not find their ship there...not everyone knows there is anohter dock in vancouver. You learn ALL sosrts of things on this forum!!

Anybody know for sure .... or have a web site that will tell me? Thx

Yep, the link makes it very apparent. Ballentyne it is. It will be interesting to see if we are ever told this in words by RCI....everything we have so far printed out, or that is online just says Vancouver... to me that means Canada Place. Sure glad I know.!!

Patrick,

Welcome aboard (or actually, you'll be welcoming us aboard)! We're on the 9/7 r/t sailing with you from Vancouver. Your B to B sounds awesome. If you have a chance, stop by the Roll Call for the 9/7 sailing, and be sure to sign up for the Meet & Mingle. We have 18 people signed up, and I expect we'll get to 25. It'll be great having you along.

Jim

Archived