RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

OK I am back, caught up on all the past posts and now have a couple of new recipes to try - Thanks all.

We had a wonderful cruise, I gained 8lbs but considering I was gone for over 5 weeks and didn't stick to points at all I will deal with it:rolleyes:

The only thing I did do was make sure I had 5-7 fruits or veggies everyday which I guess stopped me from eating other stuff. I had dessert nearly every night and stopped once I had had enough or if it wasn't worth it.

I mostly used the stairs but my plan to walk the promanade every day didn't happen:rolleyes:

I had my licorice in NZ and AU and brought some home, and of course our visit to Cadbury's factory and store didn't help.

Welcome home Julia - I agree 8 lbs for a cruise of that length is not bad at all. Sounds like you had a good time - how could you not?? LOL - back to business now though!

I have yet to weigh back in at WW since my cruise even though I am doing well just not officially counting points. Life has been very busy with school and my half marathon training so those are the excuses I choose to use. I will be rejoining my Friday morning group a week from today.

Have a good day!

ok, I'm new. I started ww 5 weeks ago and did well at first but now I am up a lb from where i started. Our next cruise is less than 90 days away and i really want to have made some headway. The hardest thong for me is i only get 20 pts a day and my worst time is late afternoon or late evening. The cravings seem to get the best of me. Gotta go now. Plane is boarding.

ok, I'm new. I started ww 5 weeks ago and did well at first but now I am up a lb from where i started. Our next cruise is less than 90 days away and i really want to have made some headway. The hardest thong for me is i only get 20 pts a day and my worst time is late afternoon or late evening. The cravings seem to get the best of me. Gotta go now. Plane is boarding.

I am doing well. I rejoined my WW meeting and had my first weigh in on Wednesday. I was down 3.4 pounds! :D Now to keep the momentum going. The weekends are always the hardest.

crcossel, 20 pts is not a lot, but you do have the 35 extra points/week which you could break down to 5/day. There are also the activity points that you could earn. Late afternoon (right after work is the hardest for me too).

Julia, glad you had a good trip. Welcome home!

Hi to everybody else. I am going to make a point of posting here more often.

Well I am newbie, I joined ww four weeks ago and lost 6.8lbs so far!! I will be going on the emerald princess on jan 25, with the hopes of being at least 25lbs lighter!! I have tonnes of cravings, but my one rule I set for myself is that I always have a bowl of soup first and if then i am still craving that item of food then i can have it. I usually am too full to eat any of my cravings because the soup has filled me up! If im out and about and see a type of food i really want, i drink my bottle of water first and by then i am too full or lost interest!! well my weigh in is tomarrow wish me luck!!

laurie:D

Welcome to Candace & Laurie - great to get newbies!

PG - that is pretty awesome weigh-in for having been away for a while!

I managed a 1.2 lb loss at this week's WI. I've got two different WI's that I do - the official WW WI, usually on Thursday mornings, and an unofficial, nekkid on the bathroom scale WI that I use for the 10% challenge board and for the WW Board.

Does anyone here also post on the WW Boards? What boards there do you like? I frequently cross-post, and some of the articles that I link to here are things that I saw on WW.

well i weighed in today and lost 1lb i guess i can take that, i really thought for some reason i would of lost more, damn biggest loser show!! Guess i have to eat more soups!! oh well i still have 80 plus days to go before i leave for my cruise!!

Great going on those losses - WTG:)

I am still now on plan but Monday is the day, I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up with fruit today and tomorrow going to get the ingredients for the soup that was posted and make that then I am starting my journaling as well which is what I found kept me well on plan before:D

Great going on those losses - WTG:)

I am still now on plan but Monday is the day, I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up with fruit today and tomorrow going to get the ingredients for the soup that was posted and make that then I am starting my journaling as well which is what I found kept me well on plan before:D

So are you going to do that 7 day veggie soup? I am going to try that, next week i think! I just worried I wont have any energy and fall off the wagon and ruin my weight loss so far!! How did others feel?? please do keep me posted, i am very interested in doing it!

Before my cruise. We go away tomorrow. 2 weeks Transatlantic on the Navigator of the Seas and then a week in Lauderdale by the Sea. This is when I normally undo all my previous good work. NOT THIS TIME! I am determined to make good choices, drink only limited alcohol and get as much exercise as my poor feet will allow. Thanks for all the help and support on here, it really makes a difference.

Julia, so glad you had a good cruise and good luck in losing the extra pounds.

Welcome Candace and Laurie. This is lovely bunch of people to chat to.

Well done Prairie gal at your first WI.

RB, I post on the WW UK site. There is a board that I really like there called Menopause Matters. It is a good bunch of ladies of 'a certain age' who seem to understand the difficulties of losing weight when you are my age. I feel that I have got to know them and their support is invaluable.

I'll be back in late November.

Cinna

HI! I am following the WW plan, but have not been attending meetings. I have been so many times before that I know what I am supposed to do it is just a matter of will power for me! I have lost 30 lbs by counting points and walking alot! I am hoping to lose 20 more before my next cruise in mid January.

This looks like a great board! I am hoping to meet some new people and share some tips and ideas.

So are you going to do that 7 day veggie soup? I am going to try that, next week i think! I just worried I wont have any energy and fall off the wagon and ruin my weight loss so far!! How did others feel?? please do keep me posted, i am very interested in doing it!

No I made the pumpkin, bean soup that I think was posted by RB, it is in the crock pot and I am going to have some before dinner, DH already moaned about it as he said 'are you making to tomato soup' and pulled a face. I saw a magnet yesterday and laughed which said something to the effect of 'the first person to open the oven and complain about dinner is the cook for next week' Guess what I am going to buy tomorrow!!!!

Before my cruise. We go away tomorrow. 2 weeks Transatlantic on the Navigator of the Seas and then a week in Lauderdale by the Sea. This is when I normally undo all my previous good work. NOT THIS TIME! I am determined to make good choices, drink only limited alcohol and get as much exercise as my poor feet will allow. Thanks for all the help and support on here, it really makes a difference.

Julia, so glad you had a good cruise and good luck in losing the extra pounds.

Welcome Candace and Laurie. This is lovely bunch of people to chat to.

Well done Prairie gal at your first WI.

RB, I post on the WW UK site. There is a board that I really like there called Menopause Matters. It is a good bunch of ladies of 'a certain age' who seem to understand the difficulties of losing weight when you are my age. I feel that I have got to know them and their support is invaluable.

I'll be back in late November.

Cinna

Have a wonderful cruise and vacation, looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back:) :)

HI! I am following the WW plan, but have not been attending meetings. I have been so many times before that I know what I am supposed to do it is just a matter of will power for me! I have lost 30 lbs by counting points and walking alot! I am hoping to lose 20 more before my next cruise in mid January.

This looks like a great board! I am hoping to meet some new people and share some tips and ideas.

Welcome, sounds like you are doing great.

This board is wonderful for info, support, recipes and fun:D

I just found this board today. Need to lose quite a few more pounds than is possible. I have set a goal of 30lbs for our Jan. 5th cruise, 61 days from now.

Will excercise, eat properly, and hope for the best!

I just found this board today. Need to lose quite a few more pounds than is possible. I have set a goal of 30lbs for our Jan. 5th cruise, 61 days from now.

Will excercise, eat properly, and hope for the best!

Welcome,

I found that drinking lots of water and journalling was really helpful in my weightloss and I'm going back on plan tomorrow.

The past few weeks, I've gone running on Sunday mornings with a plan to meet-up w/ the rest of the family for breakfast. Yesterday morning, we went to a bagel place.

As we were about to leave, another family who lives nearby but who we hadn't seen in a while came in. Sue (not her real name) came over to chat. She spotted my hydration belt and asked if we had bicycled there. My wife explained that I had run and that she had driven the kids to meet me. (it was about 4 miles away).

Sue turned to me and said, "What, are you on a fitness kick?"

That kind of rubbed me the wrong way, because the term has a connoation that I don't like; to me, it means that this is a fad, a phase, something that I'm doing now before I lose interest or move on to something else. So, I paused briefly before responding. I then responded, "I suppose you could call it that. I started about six months ago." She said that she wouldn't be able to do it, and I just smiled.

On the ride home (yes, that's part of the program - I run there but ride back), I told DW that the question bothered me. She said, "Well, what do you expect her to say. You used to be as big as a house, and now you're running? What happened?" DW is not one to mince words. The kids thought it was hilarious.

So, I spent some time thinking about similar things people have said to me since I started w/ WW about 7 months ago. Like, the time when I was volunteering at an event and a group of us went to a bar afterwards. A woman next to me commented about my eating, and I said that I had just started WW, and she said "Oh, you're just getting started; that's why you're being so good."

Or, the week before that, when I told DD (15) that I joined WW that day. Her response: "Again?"

How do you deal w/ comments suggesting that your new lifestyle is only temporary?

Archived