Is this because of aversion to Spring Break cruising?

d&a Delaware

Because of the calendar restrictions of my partner's school based job, we find that we are spring break cruisers, which works fine for us though I know many others avoid these cruises. We are on the Millennium for a 7 night eastern carib. cruise this coming March, sailling on Easter Sunday. We felt lucky to get an aft CC (7208) by booking early, but I have just noticed that on the Celebrity site there are still 4 aft CCs available for this cruise. Same with the Millennium cruise that is just before ours. But look at cabin availability on the cruises before and after these "Easter" dates, and there are no aft CCs available. Is the aversion to spring break cruising so great that no one snaps up these cabins? Or is there some other explanation?

David

I think it's probably the Spring Break thing. We were able to book a FOV (7199) aboard Infinity sailing through the Panama Canal last March, and that was in January. Those corner FOVs are the best. Nearly 300 square feet inside and the same on the Verandah. Not to mention the incredible Aft and Port views from 7199.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Actually, the CC price for the 3/23 sailing is lower than the three sailings preceeding it, and only $50 per person more than the two following sailings. I am beginning to think that this phenomenon may be related to the holiday sailings having more first time cruisers who aren't aware of what some of us consider the "best" cabins. And maybe, just maybe these unbooked cabins ar a harbinger of some price drops to come. Wishful thinking.

David

David, we're booked on the Century April 5th sailing (that's our so. calif. break week) and our royal suite is the only one reserved so far! I found that strange too! Using frequent flyer miles was a bit harder, but we did it! I guess this means we should watch for price drops!!!!

Celebrity is not a popular line among springbreakers... We sailed in the middle of April (school vacation too) and my 15 y.o. was a bit bored because of lack of company.:)

Actually, the CC price for the 3/23 sailing is lower than the three sailings preceeding it, and only $50 per person more than the two following sailings.

Figures...the one year I can't go... :o

Yes, it certainly is strange.

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if anyone has been in cabin S1 sky suite We are leaving next month and I was considering upgrading to a celebrity suite instead, but these do not have balcony's rather floor to ceiling windows! It is my birthday and thought I would go for a larger room . Our room number is 6132 . Any thoughts .

I was wondering if anyone has been in cabin S1 sky suite We are leaving next month and I was considering upgrading to a celebrity suite instead, but these do not have balcony's rather floor to ceiling windows! It is my birthday and thought I would go for a larger room . Our room number is 6132 . Any thoughts .

Are you having a party? 6132 will be popular.

I was looking at those suites and noticed there was no balcony. Said it would be nice during the cooler months to sit there and look out. Still looks like you would have a nice view with all the glass and no rail to obstruct it.

Archived