tight schedule on return flight

BaldHeadIslandlady

Our TA has us on a 9:30 AM flight out of Copenhagen to Newark, the day our Baltic Cruise disembarks. I'm a little concerned that we may not get off the ship in time to make the flight, she has suggested booking a private car, is it hard to find your luggage? Atre there any suggestions from more experienced cruisers? This is our 1st Princess cruise, I know I worry too much. Thanks

I personally wouldn't be happy with a 9:30AM flight. You have to get off the ship, which will be mass confusion, find your luggage, find transportation to the airport, go through security, etc. If it was up to me, I'd either have the TA change the flight time, or spend the night in that embarkation port and leave the next day. Embarkation never goes as smoothly as it should.:confused: By the way, what time is the ship due in port?

i would change flight time to 11:00 or 11:30,and i would wrap orange duck tape or orange reflective tape around your luggage then you will spot it right away,have a great journey,and relax:))))):p ;)

Our TA has us on a 9:30 AM flight out of Copenhagen to Newark, the day our Baltic Cruise disembarks. I'm a little concerned that we may not get off the ship in time to make the flight, she has suggested booking a private car, is it hard to find your luggage? Atre there any suggestions from more experienced cruisers? This is our 1st Princess cruise, I know I worry too much. Thanks

I think we are on the same flight. I was coming on here to ask the same question! You are probably on continental as well, and its thier only flight out. We are not sure what to do. I'm thinking it can be done, but my parents are stressing.

I would definitely be stressing .. spend the night at that fabulous airport connected to the Airport .. take the subway to Tivoli for a lovely dinner and good sights .. and go home rested the next day !!!

"NO WAY JOSE!!!!":eek: :eek: :eek: , I bet she wouldn't do that to herself...with the security and the required checkin time needed to be at the airport for international travel(3 hrs)..it would be crazy to even think you could do it...

some ships say docking at 7am, and they let you start disembarking at 10!!

book you flight for the day after..and de-stress.

Are there any suggestions from more experienced cruisers?

yep.....fire your TA.....get a better one.

Our TA has us on a 9:30 AM flight out of Copenhagen to Newark, the day our Baltic Cruise disembarks.
First question: Does your ship arrive in Copenhagen that morning, or does it arrive the day before?

If your ship actually arrives in Copenhagen the day before, then you should be fine for the flight. You can probably arrange to disembark very early. In fact, the whole purpose of the early arrival may be to facilitate connections to early flights.

But if your ship arrives that morning, then I'm with everyone else on this.

Firstly, thanks to all of you for your replies. I'm glad I'm not the only worrywart about making flights. The ship arrives that morning at 5 AM and she says we can make sure we're in the first group disembarking and if we have a car waiting should make it no problem. I think she will be getting a call today.

I don't have personal experience but from friends who have done this route - they start disembarking very early as many people have early flights out of Copenhagen.

You may want to post on the Europe (Northern) website of CC and ask people what time the ship started disembarking and what time people's flights were.

Did your agent book air through Princess or independently?

Also, Princess will tell you the earliest time they allow for flights out of Copenhagen. It wouldn't surprise me if 9 am flights are not uncommon.

I would double check a couple of things before getting upset with your agent.

I think we are on the same flight. I was coming on here to ask the same question! You are probably on continental as well, and its thier only flight out. We are not sure what to do. I'm thinking it can be done, but my parents are stressing.

There is little chance of you making that flight!, think about it you MUST be first off the ship, Find your Luggage, Get to the airport, where more confusion is likely, stand in line to check in, get through security and Passport control......... .....then find the gate, ALL BEFORE 9:10, (because you will forfeit your seats if not at the gate 20 mins before departure time. Have your TA book another flight, and think seriously about your TA's judgement on this:confused: Also, I checked Princess, they quote the arrival time as 5:00am. Assuming ALL GOES WELL, it is still really tight and I would not want that schedule

We were on a 10:30 flight out of Copenhagen and we were stressed by making our connection but all was fine. We took the metro to the airport but if I were you for a 9:30 flight I would have a car or taxi waiting. It is a short distance to the airport in Copenhagen and they were disembarking the ship very early. One thing would be to pack light and be able to carry off your luggage that will save you time.

We were booked on a 10:50am flight out of Copenhagen. We had taken this same cruise 2 yrs ago, flew out in the afternoon and found the airport very crowded. BUT..this year (June,2007), we had absolutely no problems, no waiting in long lines, early in the am. The Star docks about 5am. We notified the purser (in advance) of our desire to get off in the 1st group...we did (no crowding), found our luggage w/no problem and there were plenty of taxi's available (definitely take a taxi!...its about $40). Was a breeze going thru check-in and security and were so early, we even had time to sit and have a leisurely breakfast & do some shopping. Keep in mind, our flight was 1-1/2 hrs later than yours and we were on British Air (which might be a little more efficient, don't know)...but we were definitely "hanging around" the airport for over 1-1/2 hrs! :) If there is any doubt, be flexible,spend the night and fly out the next day.

Our very nice and hardworking TA has solved the problem of our tight return flight by booking us for the next day's flight and we will spend the night at Hilton airport, of which I've heard good things. Thanks to all CCs for your sage advise. I think all TAs should read these boards before they book clients. People are very experienced and most replies are courteous, serious and helpful. Some are also very funny. Counting down the minutes........

We were on a 10:30 flight out of Copenhagen and we were stressed by making our connection but all was fine. We took the metro to the airport but if I were you for a 9:30 flight I would have a car or taxi waiting. It is a short distance to the airport in Copenhagen and they were disembarking the ship very early. One thing would be to pack light and be able to carry off your luggage that will save you time.

Saylor Girl:

Did you do the baltic Cruise recently? I am also taking an early flight out. We dont have much options. Continental only has one flight out that day, and we cant spend another night away. Did they allow you to take off your own luggage? and Howlong did the whole process take you? Also, did they really get in at 5 a.m? Sorry for the slew of questions! lol

But thanks for the info,

D

Archived