4 Day vs. 7 Day Question

kellygirl719

Hey Cruisers!

I've just booked my 10th cruise for February 08 on the Imagination and I'm just curious about something.. my past 9 cruises have all been 7 day ones, this is the first time I'm doing a 4 day (it's a long "girls" weekend cruise). Am I going to have a hard time where it's only 4 days??? :-)

Thanks!

Kelly

Hey Cruisers!

I've just booked my 10th cruise for February 08 on the Imagination and I'm just curious about something.. my past 9 cruises have all been 7 day ones, this is the first time I'm doing a 4 day (it's a long "girls" weekend cruise). Am I going to have a hard time where it's only 4 days??? :-)

Thanks!

Kelly

Sorry Kelly, but 4 is just not enough for me, way to short.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I say a 4 day cruise is better than a no day cruise, though I prefer 7 and up. However, I've seen packs of girls out on their night or weekend. I think you can get in enough trouble in just 4 days!!! :)

We plan on leaving a day earlier (I find that it's always good to get to the Port by 11AM - based on previous experience)... Not to mention February in New England, god only knows what the weather will do! I wanted to do a 7 day but I think DH would be jealous!! I'm so excited though and 4 days is definitely better than no days!

The 4 day can be long enough with the right attitude (no cruise vs 4 day). I actually like 4 day because it's easier to recover (weight-wise) from a 4 day. We usually do two 4 days with 3-5 months in between rather than one 7 day. Works out great.

I normally do a 7 day cruise or 8 but my girls did not want to be away from their families so long so we did a 4 last year. We are scheduled on the pride in less than 2 months and are doing a 7. 4 was great 'cuz it was a cruise but now they are hooked and I guess the families adjust! Have a great time

Lately we have been doing either a 4 day or a 5 day because we really did not have the time for a 7 day. I prefer the 7 day. The 4 day was nice too. It went by quick. We had fun though. Just try to do most everything you want to do during those 4 days. A 4 day is better than no cruise.

Hey Cruisers!

Thanks!

Kelly

I think it depends on how far you have to travel to get to the port. Since we have to fly everywhere.....I prefer longer cruises, at least 7. But we did a 3 day in December as part of a WDW land/sea.....it felt very short. But, we had the whole family including grandparents.....if it were just DH & I, or me and some friends I'd be there in a heartbeat. :D

4 days is to short for me unless I lived very close to the ship and diden't need to Fly or a long drive
We are only 45 minutes from Port Canaveral and four days is still too short for me! :p We haven't been on a cruise shorter than seven days since the 80's, but we will be on the four night Sensation in December with some first time cruisers. It was the only way we could get them to try out cruising! I hope they get as hooked as we are -- then they can join us on a longer cruise. :D

We did a 4-day several years ago on the Jubilee and decided right then and there it was way too short. However, it was a cruise!! We are only 5 hours from Galveston which makes it easy for us to run down there for a cruise. Since then we have only done 7 day cruises until last June when we did a 5-day on the Ecstasy. It was great. One more day makes a huge difference. With the 4-day it seems we just get unpacked and then have to pack again. But, hey, it's a cruise! Since you have only done 7-day cruises, you will likely find it rather short but I hope you go and enjoy yourself. Try a 5-day sometime. Travelgirl

Kelly, for a four nighter with the girls, I think you'll have just as good a time as a longer cruise.

Remember, there's no past guest party on four night cruises. Otherwise, everything will be the same. Y'all have fun!!!:)

We had always done 7 nighters till we squeezed in a 4 day cruise with friends last December. It was all that we were able to do, and as long as we wanted to leave our kids with their grandparents in FL. Since it was our friends' first cruise, it was a good "taste" for them (and they loved it).

Since it was our first time cruising w/o the kids, it was fine. But I definitely think that being on a ship longer is always better (plus I like the larger ships better).

However, since this is a girls getaway, the four days is fine. I do a girls getaway every year (not a cruise) and we go Thurs-Sun. That is perfect for us.

I hope this is helpful -- I see now that I gave you pros and cons on both sides! My bottom line, if you can go on a girls getaway, then any number of days is great!

We just did a 5 day cruise after nine 7/8 day cruises and although it was a bit short it was still an enjoyable trip. The only downside we've seen to the shorter trips is that you don't get to "know" the servers, room steward, etc. as well. Don't worry about how long it is just enjoy your four day get away with the girls!

4's better than nothing!

We are booked on a 8 day (prefer 7 or longer) in January....

booked a 4 nighter a month from now to help me get over the shakes... LOL

It's easier to pack for a 4 night than 7...:)

Have Fun!

I just booked a 4-day Bahama cruise after taking a 7-day and then a 5-day earlier this year. I would have rather done a longer one, but the first two I was being treated by my parents, and this one is coming out of my own (and my boyfriend's) pocket!

There were other considerations as well, such as wanting to be cruising on a certain date (our one-year dating anniversary), not having to take too much time off from work, and a port we can drive to.

Like many others here are saying, "It's still a cruise!" and it will be my boyfriend's first, so I'm looking forward to sharing it with him. I am hoping that next year we can take a 7-day and have the "full experience."

I am going on a 4 day girls' cruise in Feb too! On Carnival Imagination. My previous cruises have been 7 days, but I'll take a 4 day. It's better than no cruise. Is there a formal night on 4 day cruises?

Brig273 - we're going 2/7 (we wanted to avoid school vacation if at all possible)....

We couldn't pass up the deal either, the price was 170$ pp for the first two people and $60 for the third (not including port fees/taxes etc). We're siked!! Usually we do a girls spa weekend once a year during the winter, with this price it's going to be about the same if not cheaper to do the cruise!

I know it's awhile away, but I'll most likely post a review when I get back!!

Archived