Current concierges?

fflady

ENCHANTMENT of the SEAS - Julian Querico

Let the rumors END now.[/quote

Woo Hoo!!!! I just knew Julian would be coming back to the Enchantment.

Anyone know if this is the same Julian who was on the Enchantment several years ago--working in dining room management?

Anyone know if this is the same Julian who was on the Enchantment several years ago--working in dining room management?

Julian had worked in Guest Services up until about two years ago .... I'm not sure what he did before then.

Wonder if he will be on Navigator on Nov. 29.

There must be more than one Carlos. There is one who had filled in for Julian as a vacation relief, but he has not been on the Navigator. When he's not filling in for Julian, he is one of the top people in Guest Relations on the Enchantment of the Seas.

For anyone who has had Kevin M. on Mariner, what did you think of him? It's my first time being able to use the CL and I'm really looking forward to it. But, it would be nice to know what to expect from him. Did he email you prior to the cruise to see if there was anything he could do for you or just to introduce himself?

For anyone who has had Kevin M. on Mariner, what did you think of him? It's my first time being able to use the CL and I'm really looking forward to it. But, it would be nice to know what to expect from him. Did he email you prior to the cruise to see if there was anything he could do for you or just to introduce himself?

Maritza on the Serenade is the very best; Ricky on the Explorer is very good at his job as well. Both of them have the right personality for the job and do well because they focus on their passengers.

A few others seem to be in the middle somewhere---gracious and helpful hosts at most times, and at other times, perhaps putting their interests (performing music) ahead of those of the passengers.

The Concierge on the Mariner was like no other concierge I've met on any ship---he was rarely in the lounge, not interested in or involved with his guests when he was there---it was quite a disappointment, and throughout the week many passengers mentioned this to one another. :(

Leslie

The Concierge on the Mariner was like no other concierge I've met on any ship---he was rarely in the lounge, not interested in or involved with his guests when he was there---it was quite a disappointment, and throughout the week many passengers mentioned this to one another. :(

Leslie

OH NO! Was that the Kevin M. that was listed below? I'll be so bummed if that is the case. When were you last on Mariner?

OH NO! Was that the Kevin M. that was listed below? I'll be so bummed if that is the case. When were you last on Mariner?

Yes. We sailed in August.

I know that there is a thread running currently having to do with why are people so nit-picky, so I am sensitive to sounding picky etc. Maritza Moolman on the Serenade was our first experience with a concierge on a ship, and her standards are so high, and she is so helpful, welcoming, energetic, and focused on her passengers that she is one tough act to follow.

How she conducts herself and how she outfits and runs her lounge has spoiled us......right down to the neat supply of china espresso cups and saucers there for us to enjoy in the lounge. I missed those little cups on the Mariner, and it's the little things that make me most happy. :o

Leslie

I know that there is a thread running currently having to do with why are people so nit-picky, so I am sensitive to sounding picky etc. Maritza Moolman on the Serenade was our first experience with a concierge on a ship, and her standards are so high, and she is so helpful, welcoming, energetic, and focused on her passengers that she is one tough act to follow.

How she conducts herself and how she outfits and runs her lounge has spoiled us......right down to the neat supply of china espresso cups and saucers there for us to enjoy in the lounge. I missed those little cups on the Mariner, and it's the little things that make me most happy. :o

Leslie

I totally agree! It's always about the little things. That's why you remember her so fondly. I can only hope that enough people complained (as I thought you said there were many talking about his lack of service), that they made a change or he changed his ways. I'm not one to keep quiet if I'm not receiving a service I've paid for.

Thanks for your information. I may just write to RCI directly and ask if he's still the concierge and mention the issues mentioned here.

Leslie

Agree about Maritza!! It was my first experience in the CL and she was fantastic. She cleared up so many problems like lost shore excursion tickets, changes in credit card for shipboard account (original card had some bad charges). No wonder she won RCCL employee of the year in 2004.

Leslie and Sherri:

I too am in the Maritza camp when it comes to the best concierge. She is the reason I look so forward to returning to the Serenade.

Actually, I saw two employee of the year awards by her desk last year, not just one.

• 3 weeks later...

Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe)

Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela

Empress of the Seas - none

Enchantment of the Seas - Julian Querico (8/18/07)

Explorer of the Seas - Ricky (6/07)

Freedom of the Seas - CL - Francios Roux (9/06)

Freedom of the Seas - D/D+ lounge - Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (?)

Grandeur of the Seas - none

Jewel of the Seas - Robert Vugrinec

Jewel of the Seas - secondary/overflow lounge - Teodore Marinas

Legend of the Seas - Diego Tripaldi (7/31/07)

Liberty of the Seas - CL - Ricardo Ugalde

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge -

Majesty of the Seas - none

Mariner of the Seas - Kevin M. (6/07)

Monarch of the Seas - none

Navigator of the Seas - Carlos, alternating with Julian (4/07)

Radiance of the Seas - Willie Salaya

Rhapsody of the Seas - none

Serenade of the Seas - Maritza Moolman

Sovereign of the Seas - none

Splendour of the Seas - Kenneth Boodoo (1/07)

Vision of the Seas - none

Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez

It was Robert Vugrinec on our recent Jewel cruise. I have to say he was pretty pathetic - did not speak to us throughout our 14 day cruise. Teodore in the Hollywood Odyssey, however, was magnificent.

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge - Ricardo Mock

It was Robert Vugrinec on our recent Jewel cruise. I have to say he was pretty pathetic - did not speak to us throughout our 14 day cruise. Teodore in the Hollywood Odyssey, however, was magnificent.

When we sailed on the Jewel in Jan. 07, we had a Concierge named Alistar. He was by far the worst ever. In the past, we've had the privledge to meet Ricky (Explorer), Willie (Radiance) and Julian (Enchantment).

Alistar was always Internet surfing...barely lifted his head to say hello each night. The lounge frequently ran out of glasses, had to make mixed drinks in a paper coffee cups. There were never plastic drink stirrers, had to use the wooden coffee ones. The finger food appetizers were just that.. had to use a napkin... no plates, utensils, etc...AND 'hot' food was always COLD. When we'd ask Alistar for anything...glasses, utensils, plates, HOT food, etc. He'd just look up from his computer and say he's out of them, put his head back down and resume this 'net surfing.

Our fun loving group just made the best of the situation and made jokes amongst ourselves of what was soooo interesting on the internet. When we'd be in another bar or place to eat, we'd joke about taking our own plates, utensils, stirrers from there TO the Concierge's lounge each night. We still laugh now when reminiscing about the cruise and how BAD he was.

Hopefully, he's not filling in anymore when the Andrea or Robert are on vacation.

We will be on Liberty in April and will be in a JS so can only use the Diamond lounge this time. Any idea who the concierge is in the Diamond lounge? Also, we had Diego on Brilliance in Jan of this yr and he is BY Far, our favorite ever! So cute, great personality and absolutely wonderfully helpful. Wish he was on Liberty, we will miss him, greatly!

Ricardo Mock was in the DL last week. He was a nice man, courteous, efficient and had 2 helpers that never let your glass go empty.

Liberty of the Seas - D/D+ lounge -

cannot agree with you on Robert he was just great along with his twin Mpho.

He is marrying the lovely Tracy in December and we wish them all the best for their special day;)

L&JCruiseAway, thanks for the update! We are so looking forward to this cruise and this new class of ship. As I said before, we were so spoiled by Diego and will miss him terribly but can't wait to try the Diamond Lounge for the first time. Thanks again, Deb

L&JCruiseAway, thanks for the update! We are so looking forward to this cruise and this new class of ship. As I said before, we were so spoiled by Diego and will miss him terribly but can't wait to try the Diamond Lounge for the first time. Thanks again, Deb[/quotE

You are so welcome. I know you will enjoy your cruise and the DL. The view is worth being banished from the CL to the DL. Sail away from the islands in the DL means you don't miss any of the action. :)

When we sailed on the Jewel in Jan. 07, we had a Concierge named Alistar. He was by far the worst ever. In the past, we've had the privledge to meet Ricky (Explorer), Willie (Radiance) and Julian (Enchantment).

Alistar was always Internet surfing...barely lifted his head to say hello each night. The lounge frequently ran out of glasses, had to make mixed drinks in a paper coffee cups. There were never plastic drink stirrers, had to use the wooden coffee ones. The finger food appetizers were just that.. had to use a napkin... no plates, utensils, etc...AND 'hot' food was always COLD. When we'd ask Alistar for anything...glasses, utensils, plates, HOT food, etc. He'd just look up from his computer and say he's out of them, put his head back down and resume this 'net surfing.

Our fun loving group just made the best of the situation and made jokes amongst ourselves of what was soooo interesting on the internet. When we'd be in another bar or place to eat, we'd joke about taking our own plates, utensils, stirrers from there TO the Concierge's lounge each night. We still laugh now when reminiscing about the cruise and how BAD he was.

Hopefully, he's not filling in anymore when the Andrea or Robert are on vacation.

I would have put something about him on my comment card.

Archived