Coral Princess rules about food in cabin?

smb6

Nah. Bring whatever you like back there and enjoy. We brought back cheese, crackers and fruit every afternoon to enjoy with a glass of wine on the balcony, and sometimes breakfast in the AM. If was faster to go get it than wait for room service, plus the walk counts as exercise. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsten

I wonder if this review was written maybe about pizza on a sun class ship in the fleet? Mainly as they have a sit down style pizza restaurant and they do not allow you to order and carry it back to your room. Princess has now changed some rules and for $3 you can have a pizza delivered. But this has just been recently on some ships.

Other than that, no problem at all getting food from the buffet and enjoying it in your stateroom.

Just remember to bring back to your cabin those wonderful chocolate chip cookies. Yum. Sometimes we bring them back as a snack before bedtime.

marilyn

I hope they still have them. The CB last week is now cookieless except some smaller ones at lunch, and NO CHOCOLATE CHIP, not even once. :(

Every cruise line I have sailed [CCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and some sadly out of business] have all had a "no taking food to your cabin" policy. However, it was rarely enforced. I have observed folks taking heavily laden trays to their cabins for a breakfast repast on CCL.

Every cruise line I have sailed [CCL, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and some sadly out of business] have all had a "no taking food to your cabin" policy. However, it was rarely enforced. I have observed folks taking heavily laden trays to their cabins for a breakfast repast on CCL.

I have sailed 20 cruises on Princess and have never heard of a policy of no food to be taken back to cabins. What is the difference between taking food back to your cabin or ordering room service? Food in the cabin is food in the cabin, no matter which way it arrives there. Where did you read this rule or hear about it? As I have never once heard of anything like this on any line, and we have sailed many more than those on Princess?

I hope they still have them. The CB last week is now cookieless except some smaller ones at lunch, and NO CHOCOLATE CHIP, not even once. :(

Well tht would be a bummer. I cruise on the Diamond in Nov. so will check that out. For a number of years they had those hockey puck of a cookies, then two years ago they really stepped up to the plate with one good chocloate chip cookie and now everyone is saying no cookies. I sure hope that it is not a permanent thing.:confused:

Marilyn

Well tht would be a bummer. I cruise on the Diamond in Nov. so will check that out. For a number of years they had those hockey puck of a cookies, then two years ago they really stepped up to the plate with one good chocloate chip cookie and now everyone is saying no cookies. I sure hope that it is not a permanent thing.:confused:

Marilyn

I hope so too Marilyn. I really missed my late night snack in the cabin of delicious chocolate chip cookies. I finally went down at lunch one day and brought back a few small ones that were on the buffet. Peanut Butter and also Raisin cookies are all I could find when I looked on several occasions. I know room service still offers chocolate chip, but didn't feel like calling them for just a plate of small chocolate chip cookies. :(

We were on the Coral 2nd week of August - Alaska ! (wonderful). No problem with food in stateroom from buffet or room service. The choc. Chip cookies were at the buffet and they were great - many people took plate fulls back to their staterooms as we cruised the glaciers. Also we brought snacks on from various stops to have with cocktails.

Have a good time.

Well, I've only three cruises under my belt, but one of them was on the Coral and I brought food back to the cabin. My steward actually chuckled at the amount of food I eat in a day, and when he saw us with plates, joked that it would save me a trip to get food. :D

Archived