Religious Expression on Cruises

RevNeal

What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?  

496 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?

• Attend worship every day and/or every Sunday on a Cruise (when offered)
    • Read Scriptures
    • Read other religious literature
    • Pray privately in cabin
    • Pray silently before meals
    • Pray outloud before meals
    • Do not engage in any religous expressions (at least while on a cruise)

Yes, it sounds great:) . Trouble is I couldn't let DH know that I know any of you because he thinks your all a bunch of kooks! Kidding!!!!!:D Basically, he's just not comfortable with the internet and cannot understand how I can exchange information with people I don't know. [QUOTE]

Heather - my DH kind of felt the same way until he met all the fantastic "CC" buddies on our Maasdam sailing. He was in awe that we knew so much of each other and that we ALL got along fantastically... :) :) They welcomed him as if they'd known him forever (my fault - I must admit, I shared quite a bit about him on the Roll-Calls) but in the end he was just so THRILLED! We still think of this cruise as the one where we met soooo many fantastic people. :D It was a real treat for our entire family.

Hmmm....my Dad is 83..he isn't real comfortable using the internet himself but he thinks its wonderful I have met people on here:D ....he gets a real "kick" when I tell him we have "ROLL CALLS" for the cruises;) .

I have tried to tell him, "Daddy, the internet should enhance your life, not make it more difficult"...but hey, he has done pretty well for himself for the last 83 years...so if the internet isn't his thing that is ok too....he still plays raquetball twice a week and is in better shape than his 46 year old daughter!

I'm out on the town for just a few hours, and come back and check the board and discover such nice remarks!

I think you are a wonderful person and maybe we could sit together at dinner on a cruiseship one day

THANK YOU LOIS. I appreciate your words, GREATLY. And, I would LOVE to have dinner with you on a cruise ship!

I would love to meet up with revneal on a cruiseship as well.

He is truly an asset to his profession, IMHO. Not often you find such a fine sense of humor...

Thank you so much ekerr19. It's a sense of humor which makes it possible to go through life without crying my eyes out at the inhumanity I see all too often. We either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh and find joy and the grace of God everywhere I turn.

Hmmm....my Dad is 83..he isn't real comfortable using the internet himself but he thinks its wonderful I have met people on here:D ....he gets a real "kick" when I tell him we have "ROLL CALLS" for the cruises;) .

I have tried to tell him, "Daddy, the internet should enhance your life, not make it more difficult"...but hey, he has done pretty well for himself for the last 83 years...so if the internet isn't his thing that is ok too....he still plays raquetball twice a week and is in better shape than his 46 year old daughter!

Oh Lois - a person after my own heart... :D

My Mom & Dad love (mostly Mom) to email us all the time - when she gets a computer virus or a hi-jacked home page she is so stuck!!! :confused:

She still can't believe these forums exist either - I tell her - but I think she's got a virus again - she does not know how to update her virus scan or Ad-Aware (free download - I recommend to all) or anything else.

To me, it is a shame the scammers get away with all the crap they do - my parents try so hard to use the internet and keep informed - but they just don't have the saavy to do so... it's even hard for me, let alone them!

The past week I BATTLED a home page hi-jacker that even stole my permissions in Regedit - I took me forever to figure out what had happened. I think I'll post this on a seperate thread for those who are not so computer literate... this has become a huge problem for all!

Oh, but which cruise??? doone and I (w/DH & Kids) are on the 3/20/05 Volendam - we'd love to have of you join us!

That would be great. I'd LOVE to cruise on the Volendam in March ... that would be over my birthday. I'll have just cruised on the Oosterdam, so it would be fun to cruise again just a month later!! Let me look at it.

Revneal - you have never tried to be anything but helpful and honest to everyone on this board - I am sadden that someone would find it necessary to accuse you of not being a "True follower of God". I will pray for you also - but my prayer will be that the Lord will continue to bless you and give you a special portion of His grace as you minister to others.

Thank you so much Becky, I appreciate your prayers and your words! Bless you!

I must say that my opinion of Revneal has gone up several notches today...

Today he acted and spoke like a true man of God.. IMO Tolerance is always one of God's requirements , reguardless of which Club you belong to.

I'll gladly share my table with him on any cruise...

Thank you so much, srpilo. I appreciate your kind words!

EKerr19

My Mom is the same way

She can e mail , and she likes to play solitaire on line

and of course she can shop on line *LOL* but that is about it, and that is all she cares about as far as the internet goes.

Thank God she is in good health and very active. She would rather be out with her friends going to restaurants and shows and trips.

On the Rev- i think we all respect his love and tolerance. I am sure that none of us is loosing any sleep over the pronouncements of a confused person. This is an OBSERVATION as opposed to a judgement.

Thank you very much, Jacqueline. And, you're correct ... I'm certainly not loosing any sleep, or worrying about, words or pronouncements here. I normally just allow most of it to roll off my back.

I have seen several instances where the Rev has taken a good flamming and has always been a gentleman. He simply explains his position, apologizes if he has offended and has never resorted to sinking to his accusers level.

He is a very kind, insightful, and intelligent man. with a wonderful sense of humor may I add.

We are all the better for having him in our group here.

Gee, Vicar, if you keep saying all these kind things about me I'll have to increase my paypal deposit to your bank account! ;)

Thanks! I appreciate you and your kind words.

So, Vicar can get married - DH and I can celebrate 18 years on 03/07/05, you and your DH celebrate 20 big ones... WOW - what a great group...

And if I go on that cruise we'll also be able to celebrate my -- ah, eh, um -- 48th birthday on March 21. :D

And if I go on that cruise we'll also be able to celebrate my -- ah, eh, um -- 48th birthday on March 21. :D
oh geez, revneal!! We need another celebration!

I can join you - 4/01/05 I will have the HONOR of turning 45 :D

Who cares how old we are!!! We earned it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMHO! :)

Ekerr19

Just looked up the Volendam trip

that is a nice trip!!! beautiful ship too

I mean nassau would be a sea day for me , but that would be cool, St thomas I loved , and tortola and Barbados I have never been to so that would be great .

and it leaves out of FLL so I could get down there a few days earlier and see my mom in Boca .

hmmmmmm the wheels are spinning here :)

Thank you so much ekerr19. It's a sense of humor which makes it possible to go through life without crying my eyes out at the inhumanity I see all too often. We either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh and find joy and the grace of God everywhere I turn.

Ah, Rev - it's always been my pleasure... :) I feel I am a better person for having interacted with you on these boards. I commend you for keeping an even head and taking all the "pot-shots" in stride.

You "walk the talk" and that is hard to come by in this day and age. :)

Injustice and inhumanity are far too prevalent in our society - it is nice to see that there are members of the clergy out there who still recognize this fact, and still willing to address the issue.

I'd be honored to sail with you and your family at some point in the future. :)

Ekerr19

Just looked up the Volendam trip

that is a nice trip!!! beautiful ship too

I mean nassau would be a sea day for me , but that would be cool, St thomas I loved , and tortola and Barbados I have never been to so that would be great .

and it leaves out of FLL so I could get down there a few days earlier and see my mom in Boca .

hmmmmmm the wheels are spinning here :)

Vicar - We have the beach for you guys in Barbados!!! My DH loves Barbados - we also LOVE Tortola!!! We know where to go - you guys would love it and we'd have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! We also know how to have a good time :D

My uncle has a home in Naples, and I have traveled on business to West Palm Beach a few times... maybe we could pop in on Heather???? How far away is Boca? After you visit Boca, we could all meet up in FLL perhaps...

I'm VERY tempted by this Volendam Cruise March 20, 2005. The rates, even with the single Supplement, are excellent.

Can I manage 3 cruises in 2005?

Oosterdam Feb 5

Veendam Nov 26

Volendam March 20

???

I MIGHT be able to afford that ... I'm not certain. The Oosterdam cruise is going to be nice ... and the Veendam Cruise is GREAT. The Volendam cruise would be, entirely, for the "heck of it." I wish Chris could go with me, but that wouldn't be possible.

Archived