Religious Expression on Cruises

RevNeal

What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?  

496 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?

• Attend worship every day and/or every Sunday on a Cruise (when offered)
    • Read Scriptures
    • Read other religious literature
    • Pray privately in cabin
    • Pray silently before meals
    • Pray outloud before meals
    • Do not engage in any religous expressions (at least while on a cruise)

That is what I am thinking

I have acruise in the works for next year with a group of friends

plus my daughter is graduating high school next june and then college will be coming up

Have to work out the finances and see if GF can get the time off

but it looks like a really great trip

I'm VERY tempted by this Volendam Cruise March 20, 2005. The rates, even with the single Supplement, are excellent.

Can I manage 3 cruises in 2005?

Oosterdam Feb 5

Veendam Nov 26

Volendam March 20

???

I MIGHT be able to afford that ... I'm not certain. The Oosterdam cruise is going to be nice ... and the Veendam Cruise is GREAT. The Volendam cruise would be, entirely, for the "heck of it." I wish Chris could go with me, but that wouldn't be possible.

Revneal - you only live once!!!

Check with your TA - HAL's online pricing is still well above ours. :)

We wish Chris could go too... :(

That is what I am thinking

I have acruise in the works for next year with a group of friends

plus my daughter is graduating high school next june and then college will be coming up

Have to work out the finances and see if GF can get the time off

but it looks like a really great trip

Vicar -

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help - we do have a great TA - wish I could mention the details here - but I can't.... suffice it to say the owner of the agency we use is married to the CEO of HAL.

If you are interested in the "deets", just email me :D

EKerr19

just looking at some of the prices and they are very good

GF has a TA she uses for work and personal , thank you much for offering, I will talk this over with GF see what her TA can offer and then I will let you know.

Just curious

which category of outside rooms have balconys. It didn't say on the site and having never sailed HAL I am not familiar with the category letters

EKerr19

just looking at some of the prices and they are very good

GF has a TA she uses for work and personal , thank you much for offering, I will talk this over with GF see what her TA can offer and then I will let you know.

Just curious

which category of outside rooms have balconys. It didn't say on the site and having never sailed HAL I am not familiar with the category letters

Vicar-

On the Volendam it would be "S" Suite, "A", "B" and "BB" and "BC" - I think the "BC" is the guarantee verandah cabin.

OOPs, I forgot one - in case your interested, the Penthouse Suite is the "PS" and it does have a large balcony ;)

EKERR19

Whoa whoa easy with the S and the PS *LOL*

Those I know $$$$$$$$$$$$ *LOL*

thank you very much I will have to show these to GF :)

Vicar-

Hey, you could be Sail in disguise - or one of Sail's children, LOL :D ...

but, I always hedge MY bets and tell it like it is!!!

actually if we do go

I would probably book an inside room this time

seeing this is just such a spur of the moment impulsive thing.

We always book cheap - we sail with the kids, don't be embarassed - honestly no one really gives a hoot or a rat's a#$... :cool:

Oh no

not that at all

just when we plan these things out we at least get an OV but prefer a balcony.

Not a big deal at all for us , I know what you mean , I am the last one to give a rats A** where anyone is sleeping as long as everyone has a great time. :)

Vicar - You are up too late tonight!!! It's like 1:00 am here in Denver, so it must be like 3:00 am where you are --- I need to sign off, I can't even type correctly... :D

See ya in the AM, oops I mean LATER in the am...

Hi:) I guess I got carried away with this thread a bit...I really don't want to commit to another HAL cruise until I return from my first one.

Just being honest....I want to see If I enjoy my experience and will go from there.

Ya'll are a nice group of people though:D .....but I do hope you understand....lets see how this cruise on the Z goes for me!

Good Grief!!!!!:eek: Do you know you guys completed almost 2 full pages after I went to bed last night??? Are you nuts??? Boy did I miss out.

First, I don't think Sail has been on this thread so she can't know you've invited her. Second, if she's the den mother than you've got 2 because I get the sense we're of similar age.

I floated the idea of a March vacation with DH this morning and was greeted with practically an "............are you out of your mind????":D . We've never taken vacation 4 months apart and he's still working full time. But I'm going to take a looksee (which I haven't done yet) and you just never know. It is, after all, a big deal anniversary!

Revneal, though there were no posts by me on this particular thread about you, I have to say that if I see a thread that you've not posted I figure it's just not a worthwhile thread;) . I just don't know how you find the time to do it with all your other obligations. But I, too, find your observations a wonderful addition and your patience remarkable.

So good morning Sleepyheads!!!!!:) Up and at 'em!!!

Since you're all sleeping in this morning, I have this thread to myself. Just checked this cruise and it is a bit pricey for us, but believe it or not I mentioned it to my DH and he said "maybe"!:) So we will see.

EKerr, I know who you mean and have that agent on my "favorites". Can't figure out their website. Do you just email them and tell them what you want and they get back to you? I've put in a request for a price from my agent and got a price from a "discount" TA. You just never know, but I'm doin' the "new cruise" dance:D

Have any of you actually booked this cruise? I can't remember.

Get up! Get up!;) I just priced this cruise and then took a look at the Volendam leaving FLL on 3/10/05 for 10 days. It is over $1000 less!!! So I don't think we'll be joining you folks:) . I can't believe the difference. We like a verandah and are perfectly happy with B category. On your 3/20 cruise the cost looks about $4200 for a BB. For the 3/10 in the Western Caribbean (several ports being the same) I'm seeing a price around $3000 for a B category!

Much as I want to meet and greet all of you, no way I could rationalize $1200.

Love it if you'd all rise and shine soon;)

Ok Heather, you seem so lonely so I thought I would pop in. I'd love to go on it too but we can't plan that far ahead of time. With 2 in college and one in Jr Hi we never ever know what kind of expenses are going to come up with car trouble and all the other little things kids come up with.

Well, thank goodness someone's up:D . Hi Gretchen! I totally understand and I wouldn't even be peeking at it either if this group hadn't stirred the pot.

I've futzed here long enough for a bit so I have to do some real life stuff:) . When the rest of you finally decide to greet the day, please make sure you see all 3 or my posts above, okay??? It's been like whistling in the wind these last couple of hours and it's almost 1:00 here in the East.

Hi Heather:) I have been up....was on here early then had to leave for a bit;)

Do you ever shop at BEALLS? I LOVE THAT STORE:D ...anyway, I had purchased a necklace a couple of weeks ago...but when I tried it on again with the top I have, it just didn't sit right on my neck .........and I had thrown out the receipt:eek: ........anyway, BEALLS is soooooo good! I shop there all the time...told the Manager I should own some stock LOL. Anyway...took the necklace back and found something else today~looks great and feels better around my neck! So I am happy!

Hope you and hubby are doing well...tell him I said hi....wonder what would think of that? You said he thinks we are all kooks? LOL Tell him...I am one, but a nice kook:)

Talk to you later!

Well, he's a bit kookish himself;) . Yes, I love Bealls. Love their housewares, too. And I get those special 15% days for us girls over 50. Right now, though, I'm staying out of the stores and instead play here on the CC boards. It's a lot cheaper. Of course I'm not completely safe because one can make purchases on the internet:D .

Did you see the difference in that price between the 3/10 and 3/20 on the Volendam? Huge! I don't know if you use a discount agent, but now that Celebrity is no longer allowing any discounting whatsoever you may find yourself sailing away a lot more on HAL. You may want to take a look at the link I posted about it on the thread called something like "interesting letter from my TA" by EKerr.

Hi:) Nope, I didn't look at either sailing......as I am waiting to see how I enjoy my upcomping cruise first.

I pay more anyway...(solo) but at least for this one HAL had a very good price:)

Archived