Religious Expression on Cruises

RevNeal

What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?  

496 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Religious Expressions do you engage in while on a Cruise?

• Attend worship every day and/or every Sunday on a Cruise (when offered)
    • Read Scriptures
    • Read other religious literature
    • Pray privately in cabin
    • Pray silently before meals
    • Pray outloud before meals
    • Do not engage in any religous expressions (at least while on a cruise)

Rev, you probably don't need this but I want to say I am sorry the last few posts have been so rude towards you....no, that is incorrect...not the last few...but one specifically..........It is really sad, (IN MY OPINION)....

You must be a very special person, not just in the eyes of the BIG GUY upstairs:) but to most people down here as well.

Because when I read things~well, lets just say I feel like screaming sometimes:eek:

I was raised in the Jewish Religion, though I am not practicing.

Anyway....as I was growing up I was taught that it counted more to be a good person while I am here.....not because of anything "down the road"....but because it is the right thing to do!

This is getting way off topic of cruising....so I will just say I think you are a wonderful person and maybe we could sit together at dinner on a cruiseship one day:D

Rev, you probably don't need this but I want to say I am sorry the last few posts have been so rude towards you....no, that is incorrect...not the last few...but one specifically..........It is really sad, (IN MY OPINION)....

You must be a very special person, not just in the eyes of the BIG GUY upstairs:) but to most people down here as well.

Because when I read things~well, lets just say I feel like screaming sometimes:eek:

I was raised in the Jewish Religion, though I am not practicing.

Anyway....as I was growing up I was taught that it counted more to be a good person while I am here.....not because of anything "down the road"....but because it is the right thing to do!

This is getting way off topic of cruising....so I will just say I think you are a wonderful person and maybe we could sit together at dinner on a cruiseship one day:D

Lois-

Here, Here!!! I applaud you for pointing this out! I would love to meet up with revneal on a cruiseship as well.

He is truly an asset to his profession, IMHO. :) Not often you find such a fine sense of humor...

EKerr, good call. When I saw that name I immediately was puzzled. Noted the individual joined in August and had only 2 posts. Methinks someone's oar is either slightly out of the water or one of the porchlights are out. Who knows which and who really cares;) .

Lois, good for you for getting that table set up:D .

Hi Jean:) So now we need a bigger table...Rev, you, me, Heather and Hubby, Vicar and GF...not sure who else was at our table:D

Oh, but which cruise??? doone and I (w/DH & Kids) are on the 3/20/05 Volendam - we'd love to have of you join us!!!! :D

I'm sure Rev Neal doesn't let some people's opinions get under his skin too much. I think this was a good topic to bring up as long as we all can be civil about it. As for me, while I don't attend services aboard ship, I do pray daily in the privacy of my cabin, thankful for the good fortune of being there!!! :-)

I have always tried to live my life by - and the greatest of these is Love thy neighbor. No where does in say - judge your neighbor then decide to if you love him. I am glad God did not put me in charge of judging just loving.

Recently I was on a flight, as I sat down the man next to me was talking to the person next to him about "gays" and how they were all headed for hell. Well, I got at my book and started to read - as long as they do not address me I will let this pass. This was not to happen - I am Catholic and wear a medal of the Blessed Mother - the guy looks at me and says "I can see by your necklace that you are not a Christian. I would like to talk to you about your salvation".

After assuring the man that my salvation was not in question but possibly his was because as far as I knew God had not died and left him in charge. I have to say I went on a bit about how could he claim to be a Christian and prostrate himself in front of the alter when he had hate in his heart for someone he did not know and would never take the time to know. Then I ask to be moved.

Man. I have no idea why I got off on that! All I wanted to say was -

Revneal - you have never tried to be anything but helpful and honest to everyone on this board - I am sadden that someone would find it necessary to accuse you of not being a "True follower of God". I will pray for you also - but my prayer will be that the Lord will continue to bless you and give you a special portion of His grace as you minister to others.

Ekerr19,

Any ship wil do for me :)

Lois,

Just get the table ready and we will be there :) Don't have cruise planned until next year so far so i am chomping at the bit *LOL* We will be in Las Vegas and Cali, in Oct and then New Orleans in November.

Ekerr19,

Any ship wil do for me :)

Lois,

Just get the table ready and we will be there :) Don't have cruise planned until next year so far so i am chomping at the bit *LOL* We will be in Las Vegas and Cali, in Oct and then New Orleans in November.

Seriously guys - doone posted the fare just went down for our 3/20/05 sailing! It would be fun, no doubt!!!! :D

Ekerr19

Hmmmmm March of 05 is far enough to save a little dough.

Which ship are we talking about and what is the itinerary?

Group of us are planning a cruise for November 2005, leaning toward Mex Riviera, but still up in air.

Ekerr19

Hmmmmm March of 05 is far enough to save a little dough.

Which ship are we talking about and what is the itinerary?

Group of us are planning a cruise for November 2005, leaning toward Mex Riviera, but still up in air.

The Volendam (a fun ship - I've heard :D ) departs 3/20/05 out of FLL. It is an Eastfarer Caribbean cruise.

email me if you need a TA - ours got us a pretty good deal. :)

Here is the link:http://www.hollandamerica.com/dest/itinerary.do?selectedItin=2005032005VOFF00002090&dest=020000

Ekerr19

that does sound interesting

will discuss this with GF , of course she will be my fiancee by then *LOL*.

I am pretty flexible with vacation time , she is the one with the tighter schedule

Does sound like alot of fun though

Ekerr19

that does sound interesting

will discuss this with GF , of course she will be my fiancee by then *LOL*.

I am pretty flexible with vacation time , she is the one with the tighter schedule

Does sound like alot of fun though

Maybe a wedding on board????

Let me know - we'd love to cruise with you :D - I'm sure doone would too. We are excited to meet up with her.

I must say that my opinion of Revneal has gone up several notches today...

Today he acted and spoke like a true man of God.. IMO Tolerance is always one of God's requirements , reguardless of which Club you belong to.

I'll gladly share my table with him on any cruise...

Peace and Thanks..

Srpilo

3/20/05 is sounding good to me. I have to look at that! And out of FLL!!! Too perfect. Especially since DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on 4/13/05 (yes, we married very late ... his second, my first:D ).

EKerr we posted at the exact same time so I'm wondering if you saw mine just above yours;) . BTW, love your pic! New, right?

Yes, it sounds great:) . Trouble is I couldn't let DH know that I know any of you because he thinks your all a bunch of kooks! Kidding!!!!!:D Basically, he's just not comfortable with the internet and cannot understand how I can exchange information with people I don't know.

We're doing the Eastern in November so I'm not sure how he'd react to that either. I'm going to take a look though. It would be such fun. Anyone know if it's a 7 or a 10?

I have always tried to live my life by - and the greatest of these is Love thy neighbor. No where does in say - judge your neighbor then decide to if you love him. I am glad God did not put me in charge of judging just loving.t, as I All I wanted to say was -[/color][/size][/font]

Revneal - you have never tried to be anything but helpful and honest to everyone on this board - I am sadden that someone would find it necessary to accuse you of not being a "True follower of God". I will pray for you also - but my prayer will be that the Lord will continue to bless you and give you a special portion of His grace as you minister to others.

Good outlook to have- judging other people is pretty grandiose...And very few in the thread actually went in that direction. As for believing that anyone can speak directly for God in terms of judging fellow man well lets just say that there is a medication for that ! AS I vaguely remember from my 16 years of Catholic education, Christ seemed to have spent a lot of time with those those that society scorned (prostitutes, criminals, samaritans). What was the line- "let those without sin cast the first stone" ?

On the Rev- i think we all respect his love and tolerance. I am sure that none of us is loosing any sleep over the pronouncements of a confused person. This is an OBSERVATION as opposed to a judgement.

Heather

Kooks eh?

hmmmm he doesn't even know us and he has us pretty well pegged *LOL*

My mom is the same way, she can't believe these people that chat on line a few months and then fly across the country and meet these people. I chalk it up to a generation thing *LOL*

Yea we have the cruise in Nov 05 ourselves and then next June my daughter graduates High school and then there is college ( excuse me a sceond I am screaming uncontrollably) Ok I am back *LOL*

But maybe this can be done , have to do some checking:)

I have seen several instances where the Rev has taken a good flamming and has always been a gentleman. He simply explains his position, apologizes if he has offended and has never resorted to sinking to his accusers level.

He is a very kind, insightful, and intelligent man. with a wonderful sense of humor may I add. :)

We are all the better for having him in our group here.

3/20/05 is sounding good to me. I have to look at that! And out of FLL!!! Too perfect. Especially since DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on 4/13/05 (yes, we married very late ... his second, my first:D ).

EKerr we posted at the exact same time so I'm wondering if you saw mine just above yours;) . BTW, love your pic! New, right?

OMG- Heather I missed yours... We would be HONORED to help you celebrate your 20th wedding anniversary - in style - NO LESS!!! :D Vicar, how would you like doone, Heather and I to attend your wedding??? It would be fun - we'd make sure... :D

So, Vicar can get married - DH and I can celebrate 18 years on 03/07/05, you and your DH celebrate 20 big ones... WOW - what a great group...

Thanks about the pic, yes, it is new - I had problems uploading to this site because the original is much larger - but I'm going to try another, just to play around with it. :)

EKerr19

hmmmm This does sound like it will be alot of fun

Have been toying with the idea of elopeing , my Mom would be cool with it cause her children have given her MANY weddings to attend *LOL*

GFs Mom would have fit though. *LOL* and she is just starting to like me *LOL*

But the cruise itself does sound great :)

Archived