"LIVE" from the Grandeur *Sept 2007*

Radio

Hello everyone. . . It is once again, that I will be sailing the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas ! Welcome !

I have sailed the Grandeur from Baltimore many times (5), and from Miami twice, but it is a great feeling to be on a beautiful ship that will be crusing to a beautiful place. . . Bermuda

Mrs Radio will be sailing with me, and she is very excited about this cruise ! My Mom and Dad will also be on board. They are doing a B2B that started 10 days ago (Canada / NE )

There are many people that I know on this cruise, because I have booked a small group (10 cabins, all freinds of Mrs Radio), that will be sailing with us.

In July, when I was in Bermuda last, the weather was very nice. We had a few showers, but all was well in Bermuda. I will try again to visit Crystal Caves, and I will be heading to "Destination Dockyard" again on Tuesday evening. I also plan to visit a beach that I heard about the last time I was in Bermuda, in St George (Tobbacco Bay Beach).

There will be a different Captain on this cruise, because Capt Rob Hempstead is on vacation. The new Captain will be Arnolf Remo.

My plan is to arrive at the Passenger Terminal (Cruise Maryland), by 11AM.

The forecast is calling for partly cloudy, and warm temps(81f), for Tuesday and Wednesday in Bermuda. Today's forecast is calling for sunny skies, mild (74f), while sailing down the Chesapeake Bay.

As always, I will be providing daily photos of the Grandeur, Public rooms, and beautiful Bermuda and daily commentary about the ship, and Bermuda highlights (pending, a valid wireless signal) .

I am glad you will be joining me this week, for this delightful cruise.

Thanks for tuning in ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

GR_BALTIMORE.jpg

(photo Courtesy of MPA)

I will be with you, and hope to see you on board. I have seen your pics, but with so many people, who knows. It will be my first cruise, so If I find you I may lean on your ear to get some advice. Hope to see you

Happy sailing.

I am sure you will see me. . . I always post twice a day from the Library (Radio Broadcast Office #1 ) or the Viking Crown Lounge (RBO#2).

Both area's have a great Wi-Fi Connection. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Radio Broadcast Office #1

GRL1.jpg

(July '07)

Hi Radio...Mrs Radio.......thanks for letting us tag along! We love your live posts and all the beautiful pictures!! It sure sets the mood for all of us who will be cruising in the near future. ;)

Bermuda is on our list of cruises, ...so many cruises...so little time! :)

Have a wonderful time!!

Bon Voyage Radio! We're looking forward to reading your posts from Grandeur. Nice ship; we've sailed her only once and enjoyed it.

We only live 5 minutes from a great vantage point to watch you sail past this evening - before you go under the Bay Bridge (from Downs Park - Pasadena). Just might go out and wave you by.

Enjoy the cruise!

Bon Voyage Radio and Mrs. Radio

Both my husband and I are looking forward to reading your live posts daily since our son and brand new daughter in law on on this cruise also. Dropped them off at 12:30 today for their first cruise. Can't wait to read your posts.

Have a wonderful time.

Hello Everyone ! ! We made it on board the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas. We arrived at the Terminal at about 11:00. When we walked in to Cruise Maryland. . . There were hardly any passengers in line.

I was able to walk over and say hi to signman (avid CC poster) He works as an RCI Check In Agent, and was very nice to us. It is the first time that I was able to talk with him for more than a minute ! He is very friendly ! Inside the Terminal there was a special place for all Diamond Members to have some Champagne, and Canapés, it was very nice !

They also had lemonade and cookies for all passengers. A wedding party was allowed to board at about 11:20, and we boarded the ship at about 11:30. We went and got some lunch at the Windjammer Marketplace on Deck 9. There we met many of the friends that would be sailing with us this week.

We have a Muster drill at 4:30, and we will be off at 5PM. Today is a lovely sunny day, with little humidity. The Baltimore Skyline looks great, and it should be a wonderful day to sail down the Chesapeake Bay.

Here are a few pics, that were taken today as we boarded. I will post several more tonight after Sailaway (Pending Internet Connection)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Ready to Board

GR2.jpg

We Made It !

GR3.jpg

Sunny Pool Deck !

GRPOOL1.jpg

Pool and Viking Crown Lounge

GRPOOL2.jpg

Spas on Deck 9

GRSPA3.jpg

More Pics Later ! !

Hello Everyone ! ! We made it on board the Beautiful Grandeur of the Seas. We arrived at the Terminal at about 11:00. When we walked in to Cruise Maryland. . . There were hardly any passengers in line.

I was able to walk over and say hi to signman (avid CC poster) He works as an RCI Check In Agent, and was very nice to us. It is the first time that I was able to talk with him for more than a minute ! He is very friendly ! Inside the Terminal there was a special place for all Diamond Members to have some Champagne, and Canapés, it was very nice !

They also had lemonade and cookies for all passengers. A wedding party was allowed to board at about 11:20, and we boarded the ship at about 11:30. We went and got some lunch at the Windjammer Marketplace on Deck 9. There we met many of the friends that would be sailing with us this week.

We have a Muster drill at 4:30, and we will be off at 5PM. Today is a lovely sunny day, with little humidity. The Baltimore Skyline looks great, and it should be a wonderful day to sail down the Chesapeake Bay.

Here are a few pics, that were taken today as we boarded. I will post several more tonight after Sailaway (Pending Internet Connection)

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio!

Good to hear you are on board! have fun!:D

I am so glad you will be reporting this week. My son and his new bride are on their first cruise. We dropped them off around noon today and I am so happy they are able to experience a cruise for their honeymoon. I'll be reading your posts and looking at your pictures every day. If you run into Tom and Jen (Callou2131), tell them to have fun. DH and I have cruised many times and are thankful Tom and Jen are able to do it now too. thank you for your reports.

Archived