Transportation from MIA to Port of Miami

chrisp83

Can anyone give my wife and I some information on using the carnival transportation from Miami Airport to the Port?

Without reading any reviews on the transportation services we booked it. Tonight I found a thread with cruisers encouraging other cruisers to take a cab instead.

What are your thoughts on this? Would it be worth it for us to pay for a cab and take a loss on the transportation?

Chris

Would it be worth it for us to pay for a cab and take a loss on the transportation?

Chris

What loss would you take? Did you book Carnival airfare which includes the transfers? If so, just go with the transfer and save the money for drinks etc. Otherwise it is cheaper and easier for two people to ride in a cab to the pier than to purchase and ride with Carnival.

Take a cab!!

Cost - The cab ride will be around $30.00. It cost us $22.50 to go from the Miami airport to our hotel, a block or so from the port. Then another $8 to get to the port. Not sure how much it will be as a straight shot. The bus was $14 a person or $28 for two, so not a big price difference there.

Your luggage - if you take the bus, you'll see them smooshing it all in to fit. Tossing your bags around. I saw a garment bag lose the door hook while being packed & the packer never picked it up off the ground. In a taxi, it's nicely packed in the trunk.

Speed - A taxi leaves right away & gets you there. With the bus you have to wait for it to fill up, which may be 15 minutes or an hour or more.

Other passengers - While I'm a very social person, I hate being trapped with a bunch of folks I don't know on a bus. We did the bus back to the airport last week. I had to listen the entire time to the two women just bitching at each other about everything in the world. I was trapped right next to them. In a taxi, you're the only passengers.

So yeah, take the taxi!!

CAB!!!! From Miami airport to Port of Miami it is a FLAT rate of $24. Do NOT pay PER person. When you walk out of the airport baggage claim area there will be taxi drivers trying to put you in a taxi SHUTTLE. Then they will try to charge you per person. Don't do this.

Go to the Taxi line. There is a person there who is empoyed by the airport to get you a taxi. They ask how many are in your party. They get the taxi for you. Then they give you the receipt with the number of your taxi written on it and a phone number to call to report any problems you had with the driver.

Never pay for cruiseline transports. They are always more expensive. You are herded around with 50 other passengers. It's just not a stressfree way to start your vacation.

Take a cab instead. About $24 flat fee.

You may end up waiting a couple hours at the airport for the Carnival bus to fill up from passengers arriving during that 2 hour period...

And then you have to listen to the Bus driver demand you TIP him for taking you bags off the bus.

I highly recommend that you take a cab... and DO NOT TAKE THE CARNIVAL BUS.

I have also heard a story of how the CARNIVAL transfer was late for the cruise, and the boat left all of them behind!!!! Yikes. I wouldn't wait around... just get a taxi. Can you get a taxi on the way there and then use the Carnival transfer on the way back? Or did you just purchase it one way?

Take a cab instead. About $24 flat fee.

You may end up waiting a couple hours at the airport for the Carnival bus to fill up from passengers arriving during that 2 hour period...

And then you have to listen to the Bus driver demand you TIP him for taking you bags off the bus.

I highly recommend that you take a cab... and DO NOT TAKE THE CARNIVAL BUS.

Wow that's kinda rude. Glad Disney wasn't that way! In fact they wouldn't even take a tip! Usually rent a car or take cab but this time opted to be lazy.

Bill

Archived