Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G

Folks, I'm having a wonderful time reading your responses. Ironically, most of the entertainers mentioned, I have never actually seen! Something for me to anticipate on my next (someday!!!) cruise. DH and I just moved across the country from Maryland to western Colorado. It's taking us a while to get settled after 31 years in the east, but retirement is great!:D Maybe by the time I cruise again, Princess will have new shows! (I've seen some 4 times! I always enjoy them, though.) I remember a fabulous pianist named George on the Coral a few years back. He was a large African-American man who played in Crooners. Wow, what talent! Anybody remember his full name?

Do you know if he will be on the CB on the October 7th eastern carb? Thanks for any info.

Bert was on holiday from April 27th to Sept. 1st, so should be back on board now!

Another band I enjoyed on board was VOLTZ. They played everything from Island music to Country. Very entertaining.

We were on the Sun Princess in August and saw a comedian, Rollin' Jay Moore, in the Vista Lounge. He was hilarious and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The lounge wasn't full the first night we saw him but was overflowing on the second night because everyone was talking about how good he was.

I also enjoyed Eddie Holman singing "Hey there, Lonely Girl". Still has a good voice although his part of the show was too short.

What about Billy Vader???

We've seen him a few times and he is always funny.

-----of course Maurizio, we have his CD...great to do housework by.....

The funnies 'family oriented ' show I have been to was northbound to Alaska and they had a ventriloquist named Dan Horn. He used a 'volunteer' from the audience...and EP...extra puppet. He was the greatest, I would love to see him again

The best entertainer I have seen performing in the Princess theater and not a regular on board was out of Puerto Rico, Juan Carlo. He was extremely talented and very entertaining. The women loved him and the men loved his women Flamenco dancers! If he is performing, I recommend you not miss him.

Directly from Bert ... His winter schedule is Caribbean Princess from Jan. 20th to April 27th.

Thanks Deb,

Bert gets my vote for sure. When did you speak with him about this as I just received an email from him dated Tuesday of this week and he said his 2008 dates weren't set yet, but will be posted on his website when finalized. I'm sure he just hasn't had a chance to post'em yet.

I wrote him because it's been a couple of years since I've been on the CB and wanted to see him again.

Marlin

My all-time Princess favorites are: Mike Wilson (comedian/impersonator - unfortunately, RCCL snapped him up); Lorenzo Clark (magician); and Sarge (comedian).

Hey Hag - we ran into Mike on our CB cruise last fall. He remembered the dinner we all had with him on the Diamond. I've been trying to get our info to you regarding our upcoming trip to San Diego. Pls email me at smorin00@shaw.ca

Guitarist-singer-comedian named Duncan Tuck. Saw him on two cruises (Island and Coral, I think). He was wildly popular, and I'm a bit surprised no one else has mentioned him. A real talent. I'd love to see him again.

KK

He was a great entertainer and a nice guy too. His wife sailed with him on our cruise and she was very nice also. This was on a 15 day cruise - we were even given an extra Duncan Tuck show when we had to miss a port and the next entertainer didn't make it on board. I too would like to see him again.......at least I have his CD to listen to.

I vote for an English singer named Philippa Healey. We have been intertained by her on two different cruises. We even got her CD.

Bill & Martha

In fact, Phillippa and Duncan were on our same cruise - 15 day Hawaii

I guess with all those sea days Princess wanted top notch entertainment.

Elua Duo has our vote. Met and spent quite a bit of time with them on CB in 2005. We've lost touch with them and their site seems to be down... Awesome music and great personalities.

Harry & Ann

Harry & Ann,

They are currently on the Diamond and will be until May 2008. Here is a link to Dave's Blog,

http://web.mac.com/davesoreff/DaveSoreff/Welcome.html

Okay, put me on the Bert Stratton fan club, too. We have seen him on the Star, DI and CB several times. Count DW in, also.

Have enjoyed talking to him after the show. What a great guy. The entertainer goes into remission and a real down to earth human comes out.

Next favorite entertainer is Steve Morris and on one cruise we saw John Mulrooney. Two very funny guys.

Archived